Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 177

Thread: STUBHUB

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yup.

    The people pointing out that we're not sold out anymore are the same people that took UD seats in 2010 and 2011 because we were winning playoff games, making AFCCG appearances.

    We go 8-8, they quit, then tell us how "loyal" they are, watching games on TV with a bag of pretzels.

    SAR I
    Im not turning in the season tix I have and the seats I took had nothing to do with us winning in 2010 or 2011. I didnt take a PSL because there is no reason to pay a license fee for something that is freely available.

    The rest of the people that couldnt shout loud enough that the stadium will be sold out have realized how wrong they were, yet here you are still spouting "PSL GOLD" and that your PSL is a reflection of your loyalty.

    Way to admit you are wrong.

  2. #22
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Im not turning in the season tix I have and the seats I took had nothing to do with us winning in 2010 or 2011. I didnt take a PSL because there is no reason to pay a license fee for something that is freely available.

    The rest of the people that couldnt shout loud enough that the stadium will be sold out have realized how wrong they were, yet here you are still spouting "PSL GOLD" and that your PSL is a reflection of your loyalty.

    Way to admit you are wrong.
    Time out. The argument back then was about PSL's and that the Jets wouldn't sell out of them.

    Back in 2008 I said that the Jets would be sold out of PSL's. Said that people had better figure out the best value PSL's and buy them because a) there would be fewer good locations and b) the UD views were terrible. Said the Club seats were a bad deal and wouldn't sell out. Felt that the UD would have lots of blue collar types who couldn't afford PSL's and that without PSL's on them they'd flux with how well the Jets were performing.

    The Jets were sold out of non-Club seats on opening day 2009. Since then:

    - Club seat prices were reduced, PSL owners upgraded.
    - Some bad PSL locations (bad adjacencies to cheaper locales) are unsold.
    - Upper Deck fans dumped their seats after the Jets were no longer Supe contenders.

    What should I apologize for? The predicted failure of Club seats and the predicted lousy views in the UD? I was calling those out since 2008. People who listened and got a strong value PSL location are okay right now, myself included.

    Blue-collar "diehard" fans who took Woody's UD generosity and bailed when things got tough, they're the culprits here. They didn't get a cheap PSL with their excellent seniority. They vanished once the playoff runs stopped. Go ask them for an apology.

    SAR I

  3. #23
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Yup.

    The people pointing out that we're not sold out anymore are the same people that took UD seats in 2010 and 2011 because we were winning playoff games, making AFCCG appearances.

    We go 8-8, they quit, then tell us how "loyal" they are, watching games on TV with a bag of pretzels.

    SAR I
    You are implying the Jets were sold out in 2010 and 2011. They weren't. Not by a long shot.

  4. #24
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,868
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Time out. The argument back then was about PSL's and that the Jets wouldn't sell out of them.

    Back in 2008 I said that the Jets would be sold out of PSL's. Said that people had better figure out the best value PSL's and buy them because a) there would be fewer good locations and b) the UD views were terrible. Said the Club seats were a bad deal and wouldn't sell out. Felt that the UD would have lots of blue collar types who couldn't afford PSL's and that without PSL's on them they'd flux with how well the Jets were performing.

    The Jets were sold out of non-Club seats on opening day 2009. Since then:

    - Club seat prices were reduced, PSL owners upgraded.
    - Some bad PSL locations (bad adjacencies to cheaper locales) are unsold.
    - Upper Deck fans dumped their seats after the Jets were no longer Supe contenders.

    What should I apologize for? The predicted failure of Club seats and the predicted lousy views in the UD? I was calling those out since 2008. People who listened and got a strong value PSL location are okay right now, myself included.

    Blue-collar "diehard" fans who took Woody's UD generosity and bailed when things got tough, they're the culprits here. They didn't get a cheap PSL with their excellent seniority. They vanished once the playoff runs stopped. Go ask them for an apology.

    SAR I
    Revisionist history at its best right there.

    Answer this: If you were correct that PSL seats would be sold out, then why were the prices reduced? And more importantly if they are sold out, why can I call right now and purchase PSL seats?

  5. #25
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Time out. The argument back then was about PSL's and that the Jets wouldn't sell out of them.

    Back in 2008 I said that the Jets would be sold out of PSL's. Said that people had better figure out the best value PSL's and buy them because a) there would be fewer good locations and b) the UD views were terrible. Said the Club seats were a bad deal and wouldn't sell out. Felt that the UD would have lots of blue collar types who couldn't afford PSL's and that without PSL's on them they'd flux with how well the Jets were performing.

    The Jets were sold out of non-Club seats on opening day 2009. Since then:

    - Club seat prices were reduced, PSL owners upgraded.
    - Some bad PSL locations (bad adjacencies to cheaper locales) are unsold.
    - Upper Deck fans dumped their seats after the Jets were no longer Supe contenders.

    What should I apologize for? The predicted failure of Club seats and the predicted lousy views in the UD? I was calling those out since 2008. People who listened and got a strong value PSL location are okay right now, myself included.

    Blue-collar "diehard" fans who took Woody's UD generosity and bailed when things got tough, they're the culprits here. They didn't get a cheap PSL with their excellent seniority. They vanished once the playoff runs stopped. Go ask them for an apology.

    SAR I
    Any ticket broker will tell you lower level or mez level non club seats with reasonable ticket prices closest to 50 yard line are the seats to buy.

    Look at 49ers game, biggest sea of red was in low row TC, LGL and LSL seats. Those were ticket brokers who know UD is worthless, Club seats are overpriced and UD EZ seats are a commodity. The 125-145 per ticket first 20 rows LL seats between goal line and 25 yard lines were PSLs they bought. Mainly on visitors side as hedging bets in case Jets sucks they would sell to opposing fans.

    Cold hard facts from non-jet fans who bought PSLs soley to resell.

    The rest of us bought seats that we would enjoy, we did not buy for resale. So why now does everyone care the resale value of their PSLs and Tickets are a little lower than expected. You bought them for entertainment not resale. If you bought for resale and not location or view you would be in first three rows on visitors side in the 6k to 10K psls. But those seats the view is hard and you would be sitting with visitor fans every game. That is why you did not buy them.

  6. #26
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    716
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Revisionist history at its best right there.

    Answer this: If you were correct that PSL seats would be sold out, then why were the prices reduced? And more importantly if they are sold out, why can I call right now and purchase PSL seats?
    AHHH the PSL seats you are buying may have been sold. Go to a BMW dealer and you will see Sars New car as a CPO in three years, guess what if CPO comes back again in good shape dealer might sell it again.

    BMW Sells all cars, they often resell same car. Maybe Jets PSLs are CPO PSLs gently used.

  7. #27
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    You are implying the Jets were sold out in 2010 and 2011. They weren't. Not by a long shot.
    In 2009 the Jets sold out of PSL seats which was the crux of the 2008 debate. The upper deck was a crapshoot because of the lack of PSL's/crappy views and we knew that the Club seats were too expensive.

    In 2010 and 2011 there were scattered PSL locations that became available because of Club seat upgrades, NFL seats that were released to the public, and seats that were wedged in at the last moment.

    SAR I

  8. #28
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Revisionist history at its best right there.

    Answer this: If you were correct that PSL seats would be sold out, then why were the prices reduced? And more importantly if they are sold out, why can I call right now and purchase PSL seats?
    Jets added last-minute PSL seats in the LL's, not all sold.

    Jets lowered prices on Club seats, PSL owners upgraded.

    Jets released NFL 'hold' seats, not all sold.

    Fans defaulted on loans, were stripped of their rights.

    Forget Club seats, forget UD seats, the standard PSL seats are not the Jets problem. They're 90%+ sold out, reasons above as to why it's not 2009 anymore. Club's never sold (as we all said) UD was abandoned by the "diehard" fans. Go question them.

    SAR I

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike135 View Post
    Fickle fans. We'll win a few games and prices will be back up. Too many fans listen to talk radio, read the papers, and overreact.
    I am your typical overly optimistic Jets fan and even I can't muster up much hope for the rest of the season. I think sanchez COULD lead us to some wins but he has ZERO weapons on offense. Aaron Rodgers would have trouble putting up good numbers throwing to Turner, Schillens, Kerley and a Rookie Hill who has plenty to learn

  10. #30
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Jets added last-minute PSL seats in the LL's, not all sold.

    Jets lowered prices on Club seats, PSL owners upgraded.

    Jets released NFL 'hold' seats, not all sold.

    Fans defaulted on loans, were stripped of their rights.

    Forget Club seats, forget UD seats, the standard PSL seats are not the Jets problem. They're 90%+ sold out, reasons above as to why it's not 2009 anymore. Club's never sold (as we all said) UD was abandoned by the "diehard" fans. Go question them.

    SAR I
    Some people don't understand that very few venues ever literally sell out.

    There are always singles scattered about (I was hoping that we would get one next to us) in stadiums. There are always seats held back for sponsors, celebs, and promotions.

    Finally, there is always "movement" in the season tickets of any sports team. Let's say I get transferred to California, I am going to give up my seats (default or otherwise). The Jets will have to resell my seats. Because they will want to get another PSL fee (this time $4k instead of $2.5K), it will take a little time to sell my seats.

    If you look around the stadium on game days, there are an insignificant number of empty seats in the non-club PSL seats. The Jets problem areas are easy to identify:
    1) the UD
    2) Club Seats - especially the expensive ones.

  11. #31
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Jets had trouble selling PSLs cuase they gave away the UD for free and mispriced PSLs.

    If Jets charged $750 UD EZ, $1,500 UD Sideline, $2,000 Mezz B, $2,500 Mez A, $2,750 UD Prime, 3k LLEZ, 4k LLEZ Corners, 5k LL Touchdown Corners, 7.5K LGL and 10K LSL and 15K LSLPrime from the get go they would have had a lot more PSL buyers and a lot more stickiness. Also would have been able to charge like $10 bucks a ticket less in UD from beginning with a PSL Plus with lower PSL prices they could have asked for a mandatory 20% down and did only 5 year plans.
    The jets had trouble selling PSLs because they completely overestimated the demand for their product at the location they were offering that product. This was a pricing disaster.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,342
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody thought jets fans would give a damn about Tim Tebow. He was wrong.

    Put a winning product on the field that scores and people will come.

    The new Stadium was a bad idea from the start. A colossal failure. At least the New Yankee Stadium had that new shiny feeling to it(even though it sucks too)

  13. #33
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    18,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    In 2009 the Jets sold out of PSL seats which was the crux of the 2008 debate. The upper deck was a crapshoot because of the lack of PSL's/crappy views and we knew that the Club seats were too expensive.

    In 2010 and 2011 there were scattered PSL locations that became available because of Club seat upgrades, NFL seats that were released to the public, and seats that were wedged in at the last moment.

    SAR I
    No they didn't. You can post the banner all you want, but its not reality. There were plenty of PSLs available. They put that nonsense out there for a second and even the Jets couldn't stomach repeating that mularkey and it was never mentioned.

    At no time were the Jets EVER sold out of PSLs and Upper Deck tickets. You repeating it makes you daft at best and a liar at worst.

  14. #34
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Borgo's House
    Posts
    4,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    exactly. It may seem counterintuitive to Traitor Jay, but by imposing a modest PSL on the upper deck, one with transfer privieges like all other PSL locations, the Jets would have done a better job selling out the UD initially and retaining them. Their decision to not impose a PSL on the UD was just another publicity stunt designed to make them look more fan-friendly than the Giants. Very short sighted and, frankly, it backfired in their faces. As we can plainly see now.

    This is one hell of a stupid organization. Of 32 NFL franchises, the Jets are the Special Ed child of the bunch. Definitely riding on the NFL short bus. In fact, they should use those short buses for the parking lot shuttles. It would represent the organization and Jets fan base perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    In may seem crazy, but PSL's in the UD would have done a few things:

    1) The people who "bought" a PSL in the UD would be less likely to walk away from their "investment" than people who didn't pay anything;

    2) Any funds raised through PSL sales in the UD could have been used to lower the price of PSL's in the lower bowl. Thus, the Jets could have given people an incentive to buy up lower bowl PSL's early.

    3) If you will remember, the UD originally sold out quickly as long time STH's wanted to keep getting "free" tickets. As originally priced, the LEZZ (and I believe Mezz B) were $5K and 4K each. I don't think there were any $2500K PSL's available during the original offer. The net result was a full UD and an empty lower bowl. (I remember begging the Jets to let us buy UD seats, but couldn't get any.)

    4) With an empty LLEZ and Mezz B to deal with, the Jets lowered the prices and sold out LLEZ and most of Mezz B. But, by the time they did that, longtime STH had effectively "lost" all their seniority. When people realized how "bad" the high row UD seats really were, that bitterness was reinforced.

    5) The originally priced the large number of LLEZ seats at $1000 more than the Mezz A seats. Mezz A sold out - LLEZ was a ghosttown until they were forced to cut the fee by half.

    6) Because they botched their initial pricing scheme, the Jets have been dealing with moving fanbases since day 1.

    If I had priced the stadium:

    1) LLEZ - $4000
    2) Mezz A - $4000
    3) Mezz B - $2500
    4) UDEZ - $1000/500 based upon rows
    5) UD Corners - $1000/500 based upon rows
    6) Club Seats - Because you want people to pay $700 per seat, charging an enormous PSL was simply idiotic. Either PSL needed to be lower or the ticket needed to be cheaper.
    7) Ticket Price Guarantee - they needed to promise to the fanbase that the ticket prices would not be increased for five years.
    8) Longtime STH who bought at least 4 PSLs would have gotten some sort of bonus/discount.
    9) The financing was a good idea. I would have given a bonus (parking, food, etc) to people who paid in full.
    You guys continue to ignore the fact that the Jets NEVER actually sold out the Upper Deck. From year one, huge swaths of rows have been shipped over to the discounters, producing paper sell outs that avoid blackout rules. Are people walking away? Sure. but if they put even nominal PSL fees on these crap seats they would have fewer people up there.

    Only possible exception would be the upper prime boxes on the sideline. They could have gotten away with a small PSL on those.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... upper deck, sure. LSL seats on TicketExchange are still selling for good prices though.


  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    Hmmm... upper deck, sure. LSL seats on TicketExchange are still selling for good prices though.

    they are selling them for that price. Doesn`t mean they are sold. Check again Saturday evening. They`ll be less than face.

    as for SAR1, the UD "die-hards" as you call them, did the right thing. They were the smart ones in all of this. Walked away from the impending disaster scott free. This IS Jets Football and any die hard will tell you they ain`t worth what Woody thinks.

  17. #37
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,987
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    they are selling them for that price. Doesn`t mean they are sold. Check again Saturday evening. They`ll be less than face.
    It says "Previously Sold Tickets" right above it. You can't sell for below face on TicketExchange anyways, which is why StubHub does far more business.

  18. #38
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    It says "Previously Sold Tickets" right above it. You can't sell for below face on TicketExchange anyways, which is why StubHub does far more business.
    There were 11,500 Jets/Texans tickets for sale on StubHub this morning.

    There are 7,807 Jets/Texans tickets for sale on StubHub this evening.

    This is not inconsistent with past games, usually hovering around 11K available, dwindles down to a few hundred by kickoff.

    I just listed my tickets for Monday as I'm not 100% sure I'll be recovered enough to go; if I'm well, I'll buy some LL tickets and see how the other half lives.

    SAR I

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ozu View Post
    It says "Previously Sold Tickets" right above it. You can't sell for below face on TicketExchange anyways, which is why StubHub does far more business.
    yes, you`re correct. I meant to say check again after what happened last week. I don`t think they`ll be anywhere near what they previously have been selling for. Then again, there will be some nutty Houston fans out there who will pay more than they have to. Up until last weeks game some seats sell ok. I doubt it will be the case anymore this season, especially after Houston slaughters the Jets like SF did.

    Sorry for the improper post. Got ahead of myself. Cheers.

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Some people don't understand that very few venues ever literally sell out.

    If you look around the stadium on game days, there are an insignificant number of empty seats in the non-club PSL seats. The Jets problem areas are easy to identify:
    1) the UD
    2) Club Seats - especially the expensive ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    No they didn't. You can post the banner all you want, but its not reality. There were plenty of PSLs available. They put that nonsense out there for a second and even the Jets couldn't stomach repeating that mularkey and it was never mentioned.

    At no time were the Jets EVER sold out of PSLs and Upper Deck tickets. You repeating it makes you daft at best and a liar at worst.
    The Jets announced, prior to the 2009 Jets/Ravens home opener, that they were sold out of non-Club seats for the season. By whatever definition the Jets, the NFL, and the TV networks put behind "sold out", that's what the Jets were. Here's a link, there are several others:

    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...ener-vs-ravens

    What happened after 2009 has much to do with Club seat discounts, additional seat allocations, and the exodus of the upper deck. Where I'm "wrong" is in my belief that there were enough diehard fans to fill the upper deck with regularity.

    Never in my wildest dreams did I think that all those supposed "diehard" "salt-of-the-Earth" "tatoo-dedicated" "been going since Shea" "bleeding green" would drop the Jets like a hot potato once we stopped making the playoffs. I was definitely "wrong" about that.

    Where I was most definitely "right" was stating that there were as few as 11,000 seats that Jets fans would want- sideline or near it, lower than the UD, with affordable gameday prices and decent PSL prices. If you like the endzone view, add another 6,000 to that number. Those that listened have seats they enjoy to this day.

    I was at the home opener. The place was full except for the Club seats, scattered bad value PSL's near the 30's, and the UD endzones. Attendance that day was 79,088. The stadium has a capacity of 82,500. 96% of the seats were sold and occupied. Are we really going to kill each other with this argument over 4%?

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us