Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Borgo-WCO Luthier-Guitar comment

Borgo-WCO Luthier-Guitar comment

I am about to buy this guitar... the seller wont reveal his name, says he is an endorsed artist and cant disclose name. He is coming to my office this evening and I dont know who he is. Im pretty excited... thoughts on the guitar? He tells me very few are in the US as of now.

Check out these guitars, see their website. Im pretty pumped.

I learned of the sale through a local dealer etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61tpNtCKR-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a8n3aR6Hqw

Looks, and sounds, like a great instrument. Furch appears to be a big name in Europe. Personally, I have not heard of, or played, these guitars.

A quick look at the artists on the web site indicates lots of bluegrass and fingerstyle players, folks who really appreciate well built instruments with sparkling tone. But, ultimately, it comes down to how it feels and plays to you. No matter the reviews or opinions of other musicians, you must love how the instrument fits with your body and playing style.

On face value, the guitar seems like a winner. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Looks, and sounds, like a great instrument. Furch appears to be a big name in Europe. Personally, I have not heard of, or played, these guitars.

A quick look at the artists on the web site indicates lots of bluegrass and fingerstyle players, folks who really appreciate well built instruments with sparkling tone. But, ultimately, it comes down to how it feels and plays to you. No matter the reviews or opinions of other musicians, you must love how the instrument fits with your body and playing style.

On face value, the guitar seems like a winner. Good luck and let us know what happens.
    Ill play it tonite but he is asking a relatively "low" amount considering the guitar lists for about $3,000 and retails for about $2,500.

Ill let you know. Im also curious who he is. An endorsed artist?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    the seller wont reveal his name, says he is an endorsed artist and cant disclose name. He is coming to my office this evening
    -

LOCAL ACCOUNTANT FOUND BOUND, GAGGED AND RAPED

Police report undisclosed sum of money may have been taken as well.

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Ill play it tonite but he is asking a relatively "low" amount considering the guitar lists for about $3,000 and retails for about $2,500.

Ill let you know. Im also curious who he is. An endorsed artist?
    FRAMPTON!!!!

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    -

-
    "Oddly, detectives discovered a remnant of what appears to be a tattered red robe, once de rigueur with denizens frequenting "flamboyant" rooftop soirees in New York City..."

Veteran
    I am about to buy this guitar... the seller wont reveal his name, says he is an endorsed artist and cant disclose name. He is coming to my office this evening and I dont know who he is. Im pretty excited... thoughts on the guitar? He tells me very few are in the US as of now.

I've only seen a coupl of them, They're pretty nice, but not the nicest I've seen in the price range. I think they're slightly over-braced so they sound a little more like a Gibson or Guild than a Martin. That being said, some are better than others and you may find a gem. Don't forget that Playability can be fixed.

Bewildered Beast

Honestly; any guitar that sells in the "We're Tastier Than A Martin; Just Like a Taylor" category (2k to 3k) is gonna be excellent; really great. The attention to the soundbox is the real difference maker. GO to one of the forums for feedback:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php

http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com/

(just some examples)

-

-
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    FRAMPTON!!!!

Lol
    LOLZA

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I've only seen a coupl of them, They're pretty nice, but not the nicest I've seen in the price range. I think they're slightly over-braced so they sound a little more like a Gibson or Guild than a Martin. That being said, some are better than others and you may find a gem. Don't forget that Playability can be fixed.
    Awesome; buncha really bright minds on this site.

-

-
    This aint NY...I carry a gun. Have one in my office. Smith and Wesson, 380 bodyguard!

Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    Thanks Bro. Ill post tomorrow if I bought it. He's asking basically around a grand.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Honestly; any guitar that sells in the "We're Tastier Than A Martin; Just Like a Taylor" category (2k to 3k) is gonna be excellent; really great. The attention to the soundbox is the real difference maker. GO to one of the forums for feedback:

LOLZA
    Thanks Man. I simply want a 2nd guitar for the office and I play a Taylor and simply dont want a $400 guitar as the Taylor spoiled me. Then this came up.

Lists for around $3K..sells for around 2.5K new. Ill pay around a grand , cant imagine I wont buy it.

Over the phone, the guy tells me it is the best guitar he has played and he will be getting another this month. (I assume free from the company), who knows.

Hall Of Fame
    -

-
    LMAO

the victim was apparently tied up with cheap guitar strings

Jets Insider VIP
    I'll play - What are a bunch of dicks?

Im also curious who he is. An endorsed artist?
    Means very very little tbh. There are thousands of "endorsed" artists by the "big three" Fender/Gibson/PRS alone, toss in all the smaller brand guys and gals, and just about anyone who ever played in a band who released or played on an album (on any record lable, major or independant) is an "endorsed" artist.

I'm guessing you'll have no idea who he is when you meet him and get the name.

P.S. If you're a Taylor Man, most others will not suffice. Taylor is an amazing company. You have good taste.

Hall Of Fame
    I am about to buy this guitar... the seller wont reveal his name, says he is an endorsed artist and cant disclose name.

I'll be by tonight, when will you be the only person in the building?
    Who? ... Ever heard of Led Ze......I better not say anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Means very very little tbh. There are thousands of "endorsed" artists by the "big three" Fender/Gibson/PRS alone, toss in all the smaller brand guys and gals, and just about anyone who ever played in a band who released or played on an album (on any record lable, major or independant) is an "endorsed" artist.

I'm guessing you'll have no idea who he is when you meet him and get the name.

P.S. If you're a Taylor Man, most others will not suffice. Taylor is an amazing company. You have good taste.
    Everything I read about this guitar, it is the equal of or slightly superior to most Taylors and for $1,000 , how can I go wrong. I really like my Taylor but my buddys Gibson is better. The Gibson costs bout $1,000 more than my Taylor. Taylor has a wide range of guitars from good to friggin unbelievably excellent. Mine is the 810.

Ill play it tonite and see but fully anticipate buying it.

I agree 100 percent about the endorsed artis point.

Hall Of Fame

I'd even say that the guitars of the same model can sound a bit different.

My personal favorites

Gibson Hummingbirds, Doves, and 70's 80's Guilds.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Start playing Stairway to Heaven and watch Framptons face

Everything I read about this guitar, it is the equal of or slightly superior to most Taylors and for $1,000 , how can I go wrong. I really like my Taylor but my buddys Gibson is better. The Gibson costs bout $1,000 more than my Taylor. Taylor has a wide range of guitars from good to friggin unbelievably excellent. Mine is the 810.

Aye, price point says alot too. A $750 Taylor may not be superior to a $3,500 Gibson....although it certainly could be given Gibson QA.

Honestly, I regret my Martin. It's never been what I hoped, sound wise, and I really should dump it for something more playable/appropriate for my tastes at some point. My Martin is a All-Mahog. a al below: