Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any players on the roster besides Revis that you want to root for?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Are there any players on the roster besides Revis that you want to root for?

There aren't even any exciting players on this team that make you want to watch this team. Even the flippin Browns have Trent Richardson. Besides Revis is there anyone on this team we should care about?

Different sport but when you look at the Knicks they have almost a whole team full of guys that you want to root for.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't even root for Mr. Holdout.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    There aren't even any exciting players on this team that make you want to watch this team. Even the flippin Browns have Trent Richardson. Besides Revis is there anyone on this team we should care about?

Different sport but when you look at the Knicks they have almost a whole team full of guys that you want to root for.
    putting aside all the issues with coaching, player development, the system, and success of our system...

Even if we were winning all our games... we are easily the most boring team in the NFL to watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybin - Might not be an every down guy, but he sure tries hard.
    Mangold - his sister is hot
    Vlad - I like the name Vlad

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't like the Tebow trade but thought he could help us and now we don't even use him the right way.

But if there is one guy I could root for it's Tebow. He might not be a great QB but he has more heart and desire then anyone on this team.

If we have a horrible first half Monday, it's Tebow time!!!!!
    Last edited by LockeJET; 10-03-2012 at 09:58 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post

Funny thing is that Revis is probably the one Jet I DO NOT root for. Your question in my mind is completely upside down.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like a few others here Revis is not worthy of rooting for...

I like when he plays well because he helps the team win, but he's not someone I root for...

Jets I like and root for...

- Maybin (love the story and his effort)
    - Mangold (always gets the job done - at least until this year)
    - Hill (young and very talented - more up rooting for him to be good)
    - Ellis, Wilk and Coples (See Hill)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mangold is a future Hall of Famer.

No reason I can think of not to root for Mangold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being critical of the team is one thing, and right now I am, but
    if on game day they put on the Green Jersey and Jets Helmet I root for them.

now if you ask if there any players that bring and excitement to watching the game (in a good way, not a Sanchez throwing a Pic way) I watch to see if the young players can step it up a level.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, the Jets are not as bad as many here might believe. This team needs a real GM, A real HC and a Real QB and it can win.

Right now,we have none of the above and we are tied for 1st in the Division with 2 in Division wins .

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Root for the team, not the player.

I don't like a lot of the members of the current team, but I like seeing under-the-radar players do good things (the new punter for example). It puzzles me how Maybin has been on the field so little when he led the team in sacks last year. I hope Coples can turn out to be good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Digetydog View Post
    Maybin - Might not be an every down guy, but he sure tries hard.
    Mangold - his sister is hot
    Vlad - I like the name Vlad
    LOL, I spit coffee on that one!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stephen Hill, Cro and LaRon Landry without unnecessary penalties.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I root for Mr. Lombardi.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I root for the whole team.

I do specifically root for Sanchez as well. The man's professional career has been done a disservice by his leadership, his private life has been publicly scrutinized and criticized like few others, the media has seen fit to mock and give in the hyperbole when describing his performance, skill and intelligence while the fan base has done the same while engaging in revisionism - denigrating his successes has as really due to the team while blaming him as the sole real cause for the team's defeat.

All this mirrors Stalin's axiom that it is not enough to just kill a man, his reputation has to be destroyed first.

The quintessential underdog who has handled it all with grace and humility. How can one not root for him?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only guy I don't root for on the Jets is Holmes, and it's not for lack of effort on my part. I get hyped when he makes a big play, then he does that stupid ball drop 1st down celebration and it makes me feel sick. Especially when the official is standing right next to him with their hands out for the ball...and then he just drops it.

The guys I root the hardest for?

Sanchez, Keller, McKnight, Wilson, Thomas, Pouha, Scott, and Revis.

Most of them are guys that get or have gotten way too much **** from the fans. Then there are the guys that are under-appreciated.

I pull for everyone though, even Tebow. I got angry at Hill for dropping that pass on Monday. He doesn't throw many like that, and you've got to catch them when he does. That would have been a huge play for us, in a game that was ultimately decided by 1 score.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I didn't like the Tebow trade but thought he could help us and now we don't even use him the right way.

But if there is one guy I could root for it's Tebow. He might not be a great QB but he has more heart and desire then anyone on this team.

If we have a horrible first half Monday, it's Tebow time!!!!!
    +1

Its good to see passion from that position. I think it really motivates.

What players DO we like?......There are too many to list.

S Hill, Cromartie, Landry, D Davis, KERLEY!!!, many more.

GE JETS!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Funny thing is that Revis is probably the one Jet I DO NOT root for. Your question in my mind is completely upside down.
    Just curious as to why you don't root for revis?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    putting aside all the issues with coaching, player development, the system, and success of our system...

Even if we were winning all our games... we are easily the most boring team in the NFL to watch.
    THIS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yanks9596 View Post
    THIS.
    Exactly what I was saying. So boring to watch. How many opening drives can we go three and out on or punt away?