Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there any players on the roster besides Revis that you want to root for?

Speaking on entertainment value alone (which at the end of the day, IS what it's all about), the Jets are a brutal on-field product. There's a difference between winning ugly (see 2009 Jets) and playing like crap, week in and week out.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes there will be 53 players to root for that are wearing a Jets jersey on Sunday.

I don't root for players, I root for the laundry. I have very little loyalty towards individual players. I want what is best for the team and I want to win.

Landry
    Harris
    Wilkerson
    Mangold
    Ellis
    Keller
    Kerley
    Hill
    Tebow
    McKnight
    Cro
    Coples
    Davis
    McIntyre

Pretty much everyone besides Holmes and pretty fed up with Sanchez.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How does one root for a cornerback exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    How does one root for a cornerback exactly?
    I believe they go :

" LET'S GO, CRO!! LET'S GO, CRO!! LET'S GO, CRO!!"

See?

I'm rooting for Cro because, quite honestly, he's our BEST Player on BOTH SIDES of the football(OFFENSE and Defense). Heard Sanjay(or whatever his name is) was working with Cro again.

I think they'll most likely get him more involved in the offense tomorrow, IMO.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I root for the whole team.

I do specifically root for Sanchez as well. The man's professional career has been done a disservice by his leadership, his private life has been publicly scrutinized and criticized like few others, the media has seen fit to mock and give in the hyperbole when describing his performance, skill and intelligence while the fan base has done the same while engaging in revisionism - denigrating his successes has as really due to the team while blaming him as the sole real cause for the team's defeat.

All this mirrors Stalin's axiom that it is not enough to just kill a man, his reputation has to be destroyed first.

The quintessential underdog who has handled it all with grace and humility. How can one not root for him?
    Damn, dude. Well said. There is not a QB who takes more exaggerated criticism than Mark Sanchez.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I root for the whole team.

I do specifically root for Sanchez as well. The man's professional career has been done a disservice by his leadership, his private life has been publicly scrutinized and criticized like few others, the media has seen fit to mock and give in the hyperbole when describing his performance, skill and intelligence while the fan base has done the same while engaging in revisionism - denigrating his successes has as really due to the team while blaming him as the sole real cause for the team's defeat.

All this mirrors Stalin's axiom that it is not enough to just kill a man, his reputation has to be destroyed first.

The quintessential underdog who has handled it all with grace and humility. How can one not root for him?
    +1

His leadership leaves a lot to be desired for.
    ie; He sucks

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

This is the most unlikeable roster of Jets players I can remember, and I'm including the dark ages of 1994-1996 too.

My son wanted a new Jets jersey. He's 11 and has been a cognizant Jets fan since he was 6, knows all the players, can quote any stat you want from Madden, a great fan.

We get to the stadium early, they have this customized jersey stand, pick any player you want, pick a size, boom done in 20 minutes while you wait.

He couldn't think of a single player he wanted to get. Revis? Always holding out. Sanchez? Too inconsistent. It was so bad he decided to take a flyer on a rookie instead of an established player from a 2x AFCCG participant. Speaks volumes.

His Coples jersey looks good, a lot better than the player, unfortunately.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I don't even root for Mr. Holdout.
    +1 Mr. Patron and Pineapple.............

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    +1 Mr. Patron and Pineapple.............
    LOL!

(u know ur gonna order one some night)

14 molsons deep

See my new header(under my name).

Kerley?

Our team is very unlikeable

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    I don't even root for Mr. Holdout.
    THIS.

I root for the uniform.

Want to see sanchez do well. Mangold, Brick, Powell Kirley and the beat goes on.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    THIS.

I root for the uniform.

Want to see sanchez do well. Mangold, Brick, Powell Kirley and the beat goes on.
    Agreed. On game day, I root for anyone wearing the uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    There aren't even any exciting players on this team that make you want to watch this team. Even the flippin Browns have Trent Richardson. Besides Revis is there anyone on this team we should care about?

Different sport but when you look at the Knicks they have almost a whole team full of guys that you want to root for.
    Although I route for Revis to make palys because he is a Jet I don't Route for him.
    I route for Mangold, D Harris, Coples( All the young D Lineman) to do something. And I still route for Sanchez.