Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Jets owner Woody Johnson could 'push' football people to start Tim Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    No, I'm serious. If anyone is willing, if I PM you my address, leave fifty bucks on the kitchen table and leave the door unlocked, will you come blow my brains out? There's a couple beers in the fridge, too.
    What kind?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    After Sanchez embarrasses himself on Monday night, why not start Tebow?

Not only is it becoming increasingly clear that Sanchez isn't this teams longterm QB, but with Holmes likely done for the season and Schillens/Hill as our top receivers, the offense is better suited for Tebow's style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    If Tebow starts, I become a Packers fan for the rest of the season. Book it.
    I hear you.

But from Woody's perspective, what else can he do? We all know his top priority (outside of licking Romney's nutsack) is to make money, and you can't make money with an empty stadium.

So if Mark continues to sh!t the bed, Rex won't have a choice but to bench him in favor of Tebow. Woody will force his hand.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    watch what you wish for la is looking for a team.
    That would be a dream come true. Leave the name and colors behind like the Browns did and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Looks like rebuilding is right around the corner so might as well start from scratch. Hire some real football people.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

Not only is it becoming increasingly clear that Sanchez isn't this teams longterm QB, but with Holmes likely done for the season and Schillens/Hill as our top receivers, the offense is better suited for Tebow's style of play.
    I agree. I've seen enough of Sanchez. Tebow isn't the long term answer but this team isn't going anywhere this year.

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    That would be a dream come true. Leave the name and colors behind like the Browns did and don't let the door hit you on the way out. Looks like rebuilding is right around the corner so might as well start from scratch. Hire some real football people.
    Woody should see if he can buy Ernie Accorsi out of retirement. He knows how to build a football team the right way.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Exactly! Woody is a behind the scenes version of Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder..
    At least Jerry Jones has a couple of rings...

Jets Insider VIP
    Woody is a buffoon and the organization reflects it.
    I would add to that...if REX doesnt want to start Tebow and Woody makes him, Rex should resign.

THAT is what Tuna would do.

Jets Insider VIP
    Dropping a WR and getting a FB signals change is coming... The messiah is rising...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Guess I'm one of the few who thinks "If the #1 sucks donkey cock and proves he isn't getting it done (yet again), why not try something else before all is lost".

Sanchez isn't the Pope and his role as starter is not sacrosanct. Is he sucks, like anyone else, he should lose his job to his backup(s).

And if THEY suck too, then they should lose THEIR jobs to THEIR backups.

And if they ALL SUCK, well, guess we need to look at QB in the 2013 Offseason, eh?

But I fail to see the brilliance of tossing out Sanchez game after game if, after four years, he continues to make no real meaningful progress. I can;t be the only one tired of his INT's, fumbles, wild incompletions and inabillity to hit for much more than 50%, can I?

We have the new Al Davis. Yay!

Woody failed to deliver a home stadium and is apparently a non-football dooshbag to boot.

I'm not caring so much that he likes Tebow, but hes making decisions based on ticket sales and not football by the looks of it.

Get the pitchforks and torches ready. It's time to storm the castle.

All League
    That's not sad and pathetic or anything

What is protocol for us then? I cannot become a Giant fan. Do we get to choose from the entire NFL until we get an expansion team?

Could be interesting.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    There's a couple beers in the fridge, too.
    What kind?

Edit: C Mart beat me to it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Woody should see if he can buy Ernie Accorsi out of retirement. He knows how to build a football team the right way.
    Giants GM 1998 till he retired before the 07 season had 3 winning seasons.. Yep great idea..

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I would add to that...if REX doesnt want to start Tebow and Woody makes him, Rex should resign.

THAT is what Tuna would do.
    +1 Do you think Rex is finaly ready to drop his nuts?

Because I want a real QB and we're not gonna even have a shot at one if we limp to 5-11 UT. I think you can understand that. Tebow isn't the answer at QB. If anything he would eek some wins out off of an easy sched.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What style of play? Run in circles, hit the line, and fall down??

Shonn Greene says, "Sorry, Tim... that job is TAKEN."

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Guess I'm one of the few who thinks "If the #1 sucks donkey cock and proves he isn't getting it done (yet again), why not try something else before all is lost".

Sanchez isn't the Pope and his role as starter is not sacrosanct. Is he sucks, like anyone else, he should lose his job to his backup(s).

And if THEY suck too, then they should lose THEIR jobs to THEIR backups.

And if they ALL SUCK, well, guess we need to look at QB in the 2013 Offseason, eh?

But I fail to see the brilliance of tossing out Sanchez game after game if, after four years, he continues to make no real meaningful progress. I can;t be the only one tired of his INT's, fumbles, wild incompletions and inabillity to hit for much more than 50%, can I?
    I want a real QB fish... and you don't get those in the middle of the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What is protocol for us then? I cannot become a Giant fan. Do we get to choose from the entire NFL until we get an expansion team?

Could be interesting.
    think about all thats happened with the jets over your lifetime. this could very well happen too.