Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Jets owner Woody Johnson could 'push' football people to start Tim Tebow

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Giants GM 1998 till he retired before the 07 season had 3 winning seasons.. Yep great idea..
    Maybe we can hire his accountant then....since that's the current Jet's blueprint for success.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What is protocol for us then? I cannot become a Giant fan. Do we get to choose from the entire NFL until we get an expansion team?

Could be interesting.
    Root against everyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What kind?
    Pomegranate Elderberry Michelob Ultra 64

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Guess I'm one of the few who thinks "If the #1 sucks donkey cock and proves he isn't getting it done (yet again), why not try something else before all is lost".

Sanchez isn't the Pope and his role as starter is not sacrosanct. Is he sucks, like anyone else, he should lose his job to his backup(s).

And if THEY suck too, then they should lose THEIR jobs to THEIR backups.

And if they ALL SUCK, well, guess we need to look at QB in the 2013 Offseason, eh?

But I fail to see the brilliance of tossing out Sanchez game after game if, after four years, he continues to make no real meaningful progress. I can;t be the only one tired of his INT's, fumbles, wild incompletions and inabillity to hit for much more than 50%, can I?
    +1

At some point the Sanchez experiment is over. Start Tebow, start McElroy, but don't start Sanchez just because "he's our quarterback".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Rex had any balls he'd refuse and force Woody to fire him. That's the only way Rex can save his reputation. At least he'll go out in a blaze of glory.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    Someone please just kill me
    Me first. This happens IM DONE. Ill let my kids be Giants fan so the disease know as the NY Jets dies with me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Woody is a buffoon and the organization reflects it.
    This and anybody who can't see this is delluding themselves...

GOOD GRIEF!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    I agree. I've seen enough of Sanchez. Tebow isn't the long term answer but this team isn't going anywhere this year.
    LOL. If Tebow starts he becomes the longterm answer because he sells tickets. Why do you think the Jets are STILL pimping season ticket sales on TV and the internet?

Tebow will be the starter until there is a complete regime change.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, if Sanchez keeps sucking (he's been horrible the last 3 games) he deserves to be benched. So the fault lies totally with himself in that sense because even with an awful receiving corps, he still should be completing about 55% of his passes.

The problem is that Tebow isn't the answer and he'll be brought in for reasons other than football. The Jets were better off with with backup they originally signed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The fix is in but Sanchez has done himself 0 favors.

Ugh, its really frustrating to think about how broken this offense is. The only sure thing is Mangold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Also, if Sanchez keeps sucking (he's been horrible the last 3 games) he deserves to be benched. So the fault lies totally with himself in that sense because even with an awful receiving corps, he still should be completing about 55% of his passes.

The problem is that Tebow isn't the answer and he'll be brought in for reasons other than football. The Jets were better off with with backup they originally signed.
    This 100%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep Sanchez in. We need to go 2-14 and get the #1 pick in the draft.

We dont need tebow screwing this up and winning meaningless games for us.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Guess I'm one of the few who thinks "If the #1 sucks donkey cock and proves he isn't getting it done (yet again), why not try something else before all is lost".

Sanchez isn't the Pope and his role as starter is not sacrosanct. Is he sucks, like anyone else, he should lose his job to his backup(s).

And if THEY suck too, then they should lose THEIR jobs to THEIR backups.

And if they ALL SUCK, well, guess we need to look at QB in the 2013 Offseason, eh?

But I fail to see the brilliance of tossing out Sanchez game after game if, after four years, he continues to make no real meaningful progress. I can;t be the only one tired of his INT's, fumbles, wild incompletions and inabillity to hit for much more than 50%, can I?

I totally agree. I'm not a Tebow fan by any means, but at this point what do we have to lose by starting him?

1) Sanchez? He's finished.
    2) Our season? That's heading down the toilet, along with Sanchez's career.
    3) Our dignity? That went out the door a while ago.

Start him and see what he can do. The current personnel on offense fits his style better than Sanchez's anyway. Let him have a shot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Maybe we can hire his accountant then....since that's the current Jet's blueprint for success.
    Im not available....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the thing about the Tebow era is that it's over before it even begins, because we already know he sucks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Owners need to write checks and stay away from the coaches. Jerry Jones, Daniel Snyder all have won nothing. When owners start making personnel decisions it rarely goes well.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I would add to that...if REX doesnt want to start Tebow and Woody makes him, Rex should resign.

THAT is what Tuna would do.
    Great point...We will see if Rex has any balls.Please tell me this is just a real bad dream..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    They can't bench the starting QB when the team is 2-2 (2-0 division) and tied for first place.

but if they lose badly this week I don't see how Woody doesn't get his way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post

And the Jets players knew (and know) that too

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jets80 View Post
    Great point...We will see if Rex has any balls.Please tell me this is just a real bad dream..
    Rex has no balls. Tanny has no balls.