Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 49ers CB: The Jets Quit

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswinbaby! View Post
    If you just read your post objectively, you would realize that you are making one excuse after another for the Jets poor play...

"If this didn't happen..." or "If they had done that instead..."etc...

Why are the Steelers always solid, why are the Steelers always better than the Jets, why were the Steelers expected to beat the Jets that day, even after the Jets were coming off an impressive win against the Bills...

Its because the Steelers have a better front office...

The Steelers have a better HC....

The Steelers have a better QB...

It's now into the fourth Rex season, and the Jets are still not better than the Steelers. In fact, there not even close...

Sadly, changes are coming...
    And the Steelers of today are worst than the Steelers that beat us and went to the Super Bowl.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Rex lost this team late last year and they have not recovered.

What we're seeing now is a continuation of last year.

I've been a very big Rex supporter but the fact is his teams come out and unprepared and play soft/give up way too often.
    +1

this is the crux of the problem with respect to effort. rex has to go, he's lost the lockerroom, and too many players are burnt out from 4 years of the circus.

the 2nd issue is that sanchez needs to go. tanny too, but i think a lot of the problems right now are rex and sanchez. the defense isn't that bad, if you replace the linebackers. offenses with mediocre skill players become better with a better qb, and the jets are at that point.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    when you're getting your ass beat, and then every single little thing goes wrong (pick 6 of screen, 2 fumbles off 2 injuries, punt block) it ALWAYS looks like the losing team "gives up".

every single time a team loses a bad game in any sport, someone always says they gave up, or weren't trying, or have no heart.

now if the jets go on a 3 game losing streak now, then maybe we can talk about giving up or losing the team.
    I agree with this. so much of this "quitting" talk gets blown out of proportion. the game was 7-0 with a minute left in the first half. then some crazy plays started happening and it snowballed. usually happens once a week in the NFL to some team. does it mean those teams quit, too? Did Philly quit vs. ARI in week 3? Or Oakland vs. MIami in week 2? how about Indy vs. CHicago in week 1? everyone needs to stop with the quitting talk. question now, can the jets shake it off?
    Last edited by BamaJets; 10-03-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Can you imagine if this was a Ray Lewis team? Do you think they would ever quit.

There is no leadership in this whole organization. They all the use the poor excuse of 'its a team effort'. While that sounds good to the ears, it reeks of a lack of accountability for anyone.
    This. We have no Ray Lewis type leader.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have no Ray Lewis type player either.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    +1

this is the crux of the problem with respect to effort. rex has to go, he's lost the lockerroom, and too many players are burnt out from 4 years of the circus.

the 2nd issue is that sanchez needs to go. tanny too, but i think a lot of the problems right now are rex and sanchez. the defense isn't that bad, if you replace the linebackers. offenses with mediocre skill players become better with a better qb, and the jets are at that point.
    Agreed, Sanchez isn't the answer. Tanny has to go to.

Tanny, Rex and Sanchez have to go and I agree with a few skill players and a bit of luck this team can be competitive again in a couple of years.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    I agree with this. so much of this "quitting" talk gets blown out of proportion. the game was 7-0 with a minute left in the first half. then some crazy plays started happening and it snowballed. usually happens once a week in the NFL to some team. does it mean those teams quit, too? Did Philly quit vs. ARI in week 3? Or Oakland vs. MIami in week 2? how about Indy vs. CHicago in week 1? everyone needs to stop with the quitting talk. question now, can the jets shake it off?
    exactly. don't forget buffalo in week 1. they looked like the worst team in football and the jets looked unstoppable. now look at them.

the jets just have to bounce back, which is going to be extremely difficult against a very good texans team.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Agreed, Sanchez isn't the answer. Tanny has to go to.

Tanny, Rex and Sanchez have to go and I agree with a few skill players and a bit of luck this team can be competitive again in a couple of years.
    it's amazing how a good young qb energizes the entire team/organization/fanbase. good qbs make average wrs/rbs/tes better, we see it every week in the nfl. we've never seen it with sanchez.

if i had to replace one guy it would be sanchez, since a good qb would energize the offense and also i think fix the d to a big extent, since i think the defense knows the offense can't score. if i played defense for a team where the offense couldn't score i'd be pretty bummed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Joe Namath is an over rated blow hard who won one big game in his career on the backs of his RB and defense. There has never been a more over rated HOF QB. The argument that he was the first one to throw over 4000 yards is garbage, yards mean jack sh*t when you throw 28 ints the same damn year and only 26 tds. I would rather have a guy who throws for 3000 yards and 10 ints all day everyday. Turnovers lose games and yards thrown don't mean jack sh*t if you turn the ball over. All Joe Namath is now is a washed up loud mouth drunk who talks out of his a*s so he can somehow get back into the lime light. I know to some of you older guys he is God and he may have been but what he wasn't is a great QB. How can somebody be considered great when they have an under .500 record? It's a joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

49ers CB: The Jets Quit

Didn't see this posted. Sorry if already

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...N0kOftYXwitHDJ

If the Jets’ 34-0 loss to the 49ers on Sunday was not humiliating enough, now San Francisco cornerback Carlos Rogers is saying the Jets basically quit.
    "It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn't want to be out there,” Rogers said on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Tuesday. “And after that it's like, man, these guys don't really want to play the game. You know, it's pretty much over."
    Rogers said he could see the Jets giving up.
    “You could see it happening,” Rogers said. “It kinda shocked me just because, you know, a lot of guys were saying on the sideline, 'Oh, they don't want to tackle, they don't want to do this, they don't want to do that.' That's a Rex Ryan defense. That's a Rex Ryan team. His defense, you know, plays throughout. And that was the shocking point about it. The same thing goes for us when we played Minnesota. We was down, the chances of coming back late in that game was real hard. You know, we had to do some unbelievable stuff, onsides kicks. But we played to the end. End of the fourth and two fumbles within the last two minutes of the game or something like that. It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were ready to go get in the showers."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsbl...#ixzz28FGqQK2C

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The defense is not good and worse they, like a lot of people on here have TOTALLY lost confidence in the QB. Once you realize the offense and QB are not going to help you at all it's easy to fold the tent.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The defense is not good and worse they, like a lot of people on here have TOTALLY lost confidence in the QB. Once you realize the offense and QB are not going to help you at all it's easy to fold the tent.
    I wonder which side wins in practice. Or should I say "sucks less"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you guys realize just how unbelieveable this actually is? It was week 4 and they quit? Who exactly are this bunch of over paid, loser stiffs to quit on anyone? What have they ever accomplished which would allow them to up and quit on their coach?

This team is a debacle.
    The owner is a moron.

Worseover, nobody currently involved knows how to fix it.

The Cleveland Browns have a brighter future than we do. Sad really.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't need a 49er to tell me that. From watching the game at the stadium the only thing I couldn't tell was if they quit or just didn't show up. The lack of effort all around was pretty noticeable and frustrating. It's one thing to not be as talented as the other team. It is another thing to not play hard. Hoping it was a one game thing, not a season long thing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would've quit too with that sh*tty effort from the offense. so much for Rex's "complementary football"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed it too

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    I wonder which side wins in practice. Or should I say "sucks less"
    By the 2 picks and 4 sacks per QB every day of camp I'd say D wins.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    i think they totally lost confidence in their own ability to stop the run.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Joe Namath is an over rated blow hard who won one big game in his career on the backs of his RB and defense. There has never been a more over rated HOF QB. The argument that he was the first one to throw over 4000 yards is garbage, yards mean jack sh*t when you throw 28 ints the same damn year and only 26 tds. I would rather have a guy who throws for 3000 yards and 10 ints all day everyday. Turnovers lose games and yards thrown don't mean jack sh*t if you turn the ball over. All Joe Namath is now is a washed up loud mouth drunk who talks out of his a*s so he can somehow get back into the lime light. I know to some of you older guys he is God and he may have been but what he wasn't is a great QB. How can somebody be considered great when they have an under .500 record? It's a joke.
    You are a joke, and clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. Go educate yourself, young man. Learn about the history of the NFL and the rules of the game then and now. Hopefully you'll come out of it a little less ignorant than you clearly are now. Doubtful, but we can always hope.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    It really is relative..

Did they quit when the score was out of hand? Sure, I saw a team that basically stopped playing in the 3rd quarter when the score was 27-0, what team wouldn't?

I didn't see a team that quit until the game was out of hand.

Holmes fumble, punt block were brutal plays that took wind out of sails.
    Bills Houston 1993(?) Houston had a 32 point lead at the half. Does Buffalo pack it in ,NO they come out and win the damn game in OT. Why you ask BEACUASE THEY NEVER ****ING QUIT that's why.