Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 49ers CB: The Jets Quit

Team Has Officially Quit On Rex.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...s_rogers.html#

Quote:
    Carlos Rogers, the 49ers' cornerback who returned Santonio Holmes' fumble for a touchdown, thought the Jets packed it in early on Sunday.

“It kinda seemed like, after a while they just, I know, looking at their defense, they didn't want to be out there,” said Rogers on Sirius XM radio today. “And after that it's like, man, these guys don't really want to play the game. You know, it's pretty much over.

"You could see it happening,” Rogers said. “It kinda shocked me just because, you know, a lot of guys were saying on the sideline, ‘Oh, they don't want to tackle, they don't want to do this, they don't want to do that.' That's a Rex Ryan defense. That's a Rex Ryan team.

Rogers said it was out of character for a Ryan defense to behave that way.

“His defense, you know, plays throughout. And that was the shocking point about it.... It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were ready to go get in the showers."

Tells us all we need to know.

Jets Insider VIP
    You know, I agree, you know, with you. But, you know, it's a damn shame that, you know, it's come to this, you know, again.

SAR I

@SiriusXMNFL: San Francisco CB Carlos Rogers told Late Hits that the Jets "quit" in the 2nd half vs. the 49ers on Sunday. Listen - http://t.co/fjObSxjQ

I understand we were getting blown out. It just baffles me how Rexs guys who claim they would go to war and run through walls for him, just give up as you saw in the second half. The game was in reach at one point too. Mind boggling.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post

Rogers said it was out of character for a Ryan defense to behave that way.

“His defense, you know, plays throughout. And that was the shocking point about it.... It really kind of shocked me to see that them guys were ready to go get in the showers."

Tells us all we need to know.
    Joe Namath, one year ago:

"I think these guys might be believing that they're better than they are," opined Namath, the 68-year-old Hall of Famer. "Rex has been the only coach that we know, in maybe the history of the game that I'm familiar with, that keeps continually telling his guys how good they are."

Namath, the man who guaranteed victory in Super Bowl III, even called Ryan's bravado "rather alarming".

"There's one thing about the athlete," Namath said. "You keep telling him how good he is, he's going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should. He may be losing some respect for the other team."

SAR I

I understand we were getting blown out. It just baffles me how Rexs guys who claim they would go to war and run through walls for him, just give up as you saw in the second half. The game was in reach at one point too. Mind boggling.
    The game was in reach mid way 2nd quarter. The offense was putrid and the D knew it. The D has, in many ways, carried the team for years and I think it's got to be getting old. If I'm Rex and mark sucks on Monday I start making changes-some Tebow, some McElroy and just give Mark a break. It happens to most QB's at some point. Might be just what Mark needs..

Rodgers officially took me off the Rex bandwagon. Those quotes are alarming. I was good with keeping Rex, but at this point I'm ready for an full organization blow up.

It really is relative..

Did they quit when the score was out of hand? Sure, I saw a team that basically stopped playing in the 3rd quarter when the score was 27-0, what team wouldn't?

I didn't see a team that quit until the game was out of hand.

Holmes fumble, punt block were brutal plays that took wind out of sails.

Rodgers officially took me off the Rex bandwagon. Those quotes are alarming. I was good with keeping Rex, but at this point I'm ready for an full organization blow up.
    They are only alarming depending on the point of the game, see above.

I saw the team stop playing when the score was 27-0...

That's why I put up the thread "Next week's game is huge.."

How will this team respond, that will be the true sign of whether or not the team has stopped playing for Rex.

Then again, they are also a team that has lost Revis and Holmes, their best players on either side of the ball in consecutive weeks, that is as big of a double dagger as there is in the NFL.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 10-02-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    The game was in reach mid way 2nd quarter. The offense was putrid and the D knew it. The D has, in many ways, carried the team for years and I think it's got to be getting old. If I'm Rex and mark sucks on Monday I start making changes-some Tebow, some McElroy and just give Mark a break. It happens to most QB's at some point. Might be just what Mark needs..
    That's Rex's bread and butter. As a defensive player on the Jets you know what you're getting into, especially this year with the anemic offense.

Veteran
    But, but it's was all Shottys fault, yeah that's it, he'll be gone and all will be fine....

Jeez time for Rex/tanny to go

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    They are only alarming depending on the point of the game, see above.

I saw the team stop playing when the score was 27-0...

That's why I put up the thread "Next week's game is huge.."

How will this team respond, that will be the true sign of whether or not the team has stopped playing for Rex.

Then again, they are also a team that has lost Revis and Holmes, their best players on either side of the ball in consecutive weeks, that is as big of a double dagger as there is in the NFL.

SAR I

Veteran
    It really is relative..

Did they quit when the score was out of hand? Sure, I saw a team that basically stopped playing in the 3rd quarter when the score was 27-0, what team wouldn't?

Jeezus Ray, they shouldn't quit at all...c'mon, they came out like gangbusters in the first half vs the bills and have been a disorganized mess since...

Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Funny how this game works...

Look at Kolb in Arizona, he was eventually benched, Skelton was the QB that everybody wanted on the field, he gets hurt, Kolb returns, he's rejuvenated, and he's finally playing like the QB they hoped they were getting.

What Sanchez needs is probably what just happened, no more diva WR's screaming for the ball, he needs to just play. It would help if Keller gets back on the field next week, and Hill returns...

If I were Tanny I'd again kick the tires on Edwards, or make another call to Minnesota for Harvin.

Funny how this game works...

Look at Kolb in Arizona, he was eventually benched, Skelton was the QB that everybody wanted on the field, he gets hurt, Kolb returns, he's rejuvenated, and he's finally playing like the QB they hoped they were getting.

What Sanchez needs is probably what just happened, no more diva WR's screaming for the ball, he needs to just play. It would help if Keller gets back on the field next week, and Hill returns...

If I were Tanny I'd again kick the tires on Edwards, or make another call to Minnesota for Harvin.
    Agreed on the last part. With Minnesota at 3-1 Harvin's not going anywhere, but Braylon is definitely possible.

Quote Originally Posted by LSJF View Post
    Jeezus Ray, they shouldn't quit at all...c'mon, they came out like gangbusters in the first half vs the bills and have been a disorganized mess since...
    Really, 27-0 in the middle of the 4th, Revis down, Holmes down, really?

What team will keep playing at that point?

Veteran
    So a guy, who has no insight into the Jets locker room, has changed your mind about Rex? There is a difference between quitting on a coach and quitting during a game. A big f*cking difference. If they were unhappy and were quitting on him don't you think one of the loud mouths on the team would have said something "anonymously" about it by now? Some of you guys are so f*cking gullible. It's a wonder how some of you make it through a day.

Veteran
    Really, 27-0 in the middle of the 4th, Revis down, Holmes down, really?

What team will keep playing at that point?
    They were lifeless way before that....the team does not look like it did the first two quarters of the bills game...that team looked sharp and focused. Since then it's been a mess...

It really is relative..

No, you don't quit just because the score is 27-0 in the third quarter. You go out there on defense and bust your ass to keep the score at 27-0, or better yet, get some turnovers/pick 6's and get the game back to a manageable score. You go out there on offense and try to score some freaking pts.

WTF are you talking about saying that it's acceptable to quit in the 3rd freaking quarter ???? That's bull****.