Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adam Schefter: Jets are likely to sign former 49ers WR Jason Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Jets sign WR Jason Hill, who was cut by the Jaguars — a team that hasn’t had a decent WR since 2001.

On November 17, 2010, he was claimed off waivers by the Jacksonville Jaguars.[4] The Jaguars waived Hill on November 30, 2011, despite him being their second leading receiver.

Hill signed with the Denver Broncos on February 15, 2012. He would be released by the team on August 31, 2012.

Broncos' receiver Jason Hill making a case by making plays

By now, wide receiver Jason Hill has figured out the formula for making a 53-man roster out of training camp.

"This is my sixth year, so I know, it's about making plays," Hill said. "I just try to make my plays, be consistent and grade out well during the games. I love to be here, I deserve to be here and I'm working my tail off — and I think they see that."

Hill, who signed as a free agent after spending the last season and a half with the Jacksonville Jaguars, certainly helped his case in Wednesday's practice.

He caught two passes from quarterback Adam Weber for 54 yards in the two-minute drill, including a 16-yarder to convert a long third down.

Hill made three catches for 35 yards and a touchdown in last week's preseason opener at Chicago.

"It's just making plays, doing my job, nothing extra, just doing what they ask of me," Hill said.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...case-by-making
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-03-2012 at 12:03 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Rex likes him because he doesn't have to change any names on his whiteboard depth chart.

WR- Hill. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who do you want? Please DON'T say TO, Chad or Plax...Please
    How about Deon Butler, who is young fast and cheap? He had a few good moments for the Seahawks last year and didn't make the final cut. I'd like to see him here. He's got some potential.

Hall Of Fame
    Who do you want? Please DON'T say TO, Chad or Plax...Please
    I had wanted Gaffney since he was released before the season. I guess he chose the Dolphins over the Jets.

Who??? What's next, a Pop Warner signing? F**k you.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    You guys think there are difference makers out there at this point of the offseason?

You guys are seriously lost... And I'm pissed with Tannenbaum over what we have on the field, but not in this regard.
    Signing TO or Chad Johnson or Plaxico AND signing Kellen Winslow would probably help. Sign Jason Hill too for that matter.

super bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I wanted Gaffney originally. But at this point we needed a veteran presence C Mart, that's what we needed.
    OK..

Hill's been around a few yrs..He's a veteran...

The gap is widening

jets signed hill.

With Santonio Holmes (foot) likely done for the season, the Jets resisted the temptation to bring in a big-name free agent like Chad Ochocinco, Plaxico Burress or Terrell Owens. Instead they'll turn to Hill, a speedster that has never caught more than 30 balls in a season and has been on the street since getting cut by the Broncos before Week 1. He joins Stephen Hill (day to day, hamstring), Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley in one of the league's worst receiving corps.

All Pro
    Not a fan of Jason Hill. Like dcat, I would have preferred Deon Butler over Hill.

WR Jason Hill, #76 Overall Pick, San Francisco 49'ers

San Francisco 49'ers selected Washington State WR Jason Hill with the #76 overall selection (#12 in the 3rd round) in the 2007 NFL draft. Hill, surprised folks at the combine with a 4.3 40 time after a productive career in the Pac-10 with 32 career TD receptions. Hill joins a suddenly deep 49'ers receiving core but don't be surprised if he's starting by mid-season and in a few years is one of the better third round selections from this draft.

Scouting Report:

• Position: Wide Receiver
    • Height: 6'1"
    • Weight: 210
    • 40 Time: 4.31

Jason Hill shocked the folks at the combine with one of the fastest times recorded. Many scouts feel he plays slower than his timed speed but he was a productive, big play receiver in the Pac-10 posting 158 career catches and 32 TD receptions in a little more than two full seasons of playing time. Hill runs good routes, fights for the ball and has shown good open field running ability. Doubters say he doesn't have sudden burst or much quickness on the field and has trouble getting separation but his production on the college level lacking a quality quarterback tell a different story.

http://www.paffl.com/2007/05/wr_jason_hill_7.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    Funny the #Jets would sign Jason Hill - A player we all destroyed last year for saying he could beat up on Revis. Yeesh.
    The Jets signed him for his mouth. They love a good talker.

Thumbs up jason hill to be signed, lets have faith , hope and...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Is this the guy who said Revis was overrated and then didn't play last year?
    ... YEH, ITS THE SAME GUY. LOL.
    ... Now , he has to make nice with Revis. Well, at least its a decent upgrade over Patrick ( McCrapHands ) Turner.

=Hill also is motivated.

He put up big numbers while playing with average offensive talent at Washington State, then stunned many scouts at the NFL Combine with a scintillating time of 4.32 seconds in the 40-yard dash - the second-fastest time of any receiver at the event - and also producing a better-than-expected 37-inch vertical leap.

Despite having quality size (6-foot-1, 204 pounds) to go with those measurable numbers - not to mention school-record numbers of 2,704 yards and 32 touchdowns receiving on his 148 career receptions (second on Washington State's all-time list) - Hill waited while 12 other receivers were selected before him in the draft.

tanne is obviously scraping the bottom of the barrel.

one can only hope hes working on a blockbuster trade before the deadline.

All League
    maybe in an attempt to confuse opponents? "I got Hill .. wait? which Hill??? oh no, first down Jets"

KIRKLAND -- Jason Hill never was considered a "burner" at Washington State.

A productive wide receiver? Definitely. A resilient wide receiver? No doubt. A sure-handed wide receiver? Yeah, that too.

But a blazing-fast wide receiver? Not so much.

So you can just imagine the excitement Hill ignited at the NFL scouting combine in February when he not only ran the all-important 40-yard dash in 4.32 seconds, but predicted it.

Asked directly before his workout what kind of time he expected to run, Hill's answer was just as direct.

"Fast," was his quick answer.

Suddenly, Hill's bubbling confidence and boggling display were among the hottest topics among coaches and scouts in Indianapolis.

"People were buzzing that night about Jason Hill," said Mike Mayock, draft analyst for the NFL Network.

With the two-day draft beginning Saturday, the Hill-generated buzz continues to reverberate around the league.

One East Coast team sent a scout to Pullman for Cougars Pro Day last month specifically to see if Hill could again capture lightning on a stopwatch, only to discover that he was standing on his time from the combine.

What to do? Is Hill the speed receiver he showed in February? Or the fast-enough receiver who was on display the past four seasons at Washington State?

The answer, Mayock said, is in the month-of-Saturdays tapes from his career in Pullman, not on that one-day-wonder stopwatch in Indianapolis.

"You don't get carried away with the 4.32," Mayock said. "You put the tape back on from his junior year and his senior year and you say, 'Does he run 4.3 on the football field with shoulder pads and a helmet on?'

"What I see on film from Jason Hill is a guy who runs in the 4.45-4.5 range on the football field. He's fast. But he's not Ted Ginn (the Ohio State receiver who might be the fastest player in this draft class)."

Hill's rapid ascension up many teams' draft boards comes down to what Mayock calls manufactured speed versus functional speed. Hill is among the growing number of draft-eligible players who abandon campus life for a stint at a workout camp in the weeks leading up to the combine. He was at Perfect Competition in Davie, Fla.

"The minute their college season ends, they're going to somebody's camp -- with a nutritionist, and lifting and running," Mayock said. "They're coming back looking and running like different athletes."

Teams might question how fast he is, but there is no denying Hill's productivity: 45 receptions for a 22.4-yard average and 12 touchdowns in 2004; 62 for a 17.7-yard average and 13 TDs in 2005; 41 for a 14.6-yard average and seven TDs last season.

Injuries forced Hill to miss some games but he played in more with them. He earns extra character points, as well, because he graduated in 3 1/2 years with a 2.9 GPA in sociology.

There also has been personal hardship to overcome. Hill's father died during his freshman year at WSU. He missed a week of practice last fall after his mother had a minor heart attack, but rejoined the team in time for the game against Oregon State.

"She was able to watch," he said. "I had 100 yards and a touchdown for her. That was special, and important.

"I've learned a lot. I've matured a lot. I've faced a lot of adversity, on and off the field. I definitely think that will carry over to my NFL career."

Hill flirted with entering the draft after his junior season, but returned to WSU when he was rated only a third- or fourth-round pick. This year, Mayock projects Hill will be selected late in the second round.

"Making that decision was easy," Hill said. "I was 18 credits from graduating. One thing I stress to my community (his hometown of San Francisco) when I speak to kids, it's to graduate. Not just go to college, but to graduate.

"I would have been a hypocrite not to come back and graduate. I don't regret anything."

Starting with that 4.32-second time in the 40 that has sent his draft stock soaring.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/foot...st-1235219.php

Jets obviously want speed guys (Hill, Gates and now JHill)...But can they play????

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    This is the move we make at WR? What a joke!!!!

Jason friiigin Hill? Our front office is a joke.
    While I agree the FO is a joke, we can't ignore the possibility that players are actually avoiding signing with the Jets, which looks like an utter disaster to the rest of the NFL.

Tanny could be calling a bunch of agents for WRs and they could be telling him, "Sorry, Mike, but we're looking at better opportunities."

Jets obviously want speed guys (Hill, Gates and now Hill)...But can they play????

usain bolt is available.

Alan Lerner ‏@AlanLern
    Is there a pool of when Jason Hill be cut and Patrick Turner brought back? Next Wednesday ?