View Poll Results: Do you still believe Rex Ryan is the right coach for the Jets?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, he'll get the team through these difficult times

82 45.30%
  • No, he's lost the team and isn't the right coach anymore

99 54.70%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Do you still believe in Rex as the right coach for the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Which Stadium did the owner lose, genius?
    His own stadium in Manhattan. It was clearly stated by Woody Johnson that a shared stadium was unacceptable. Once he lost Manhattan there was no other option truly look into and it was back to NJ sharing with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    His own stadium in Manhattan. It was clearly stated by Woody Johnson that a shared stadium was unacceptable. Once he lost Manhattan there was no other option truly look into and it was back to NJ sharing with the Giants.
    Yeah, but you make it seem like he personally "lost" it. It was shot down by circumstances beyond his control, and once that happened there was no choice but to go in as partners with the Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Mistakes are magnified here in this market; and they are fed back to the team in violent tones across all media. Fair weather fans that have unrealistic expectations that they promote vociferously...even Rex wasn't ready for that.

Let me share: Last Sunday, Siragusa (FOX) was giving Rex the pre-half interview, and Rex gave his answers...I thought he was distracted...until he had that f***ing BROMANCE moment where he's Bestest Buds with his old nose tackle from 2000. It was right there, on my screen...Rex has to be fast friends with everybody; I don't like that...

Does Rex care more about pleasing people? Can he lead this team from this point forward? Taking the various slings and arrows etc/

I don't get the feeling he'll change; IDK.
    That made me a little uneasy too. Though, to be fair, I'd have felt differently about it if we hadn't just laid an egg in the first half.

I voted yes, but I say that with some hesitation.

Rex Ryan has proven to be a very good HC in prior years with the Jets. The problem is his lack of attention to details/fundamentals and his seeming ridiculous stubbornness when it comes to players.

We've all seen it many times over. The defense goes through long periods of undisciplined play. They can be very poor tacklers at times. They go through periods of penalty prone play. These are all things that take away from the teams abilities to win games.

Rex should be constantly getting on his assistants about practicing the fundamentals. Tackling drills designed to create textbook tackling. Educating players how to take down larger men. Constant harping and drilling about playing penalty free. When that happens, without even knowing it, it could be getting the offense thinking that it is OK to play that undisciplined. It isn't. It never is OK.

What's even worse is this recent ridiculous devotion to Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is consistently ruining the teams chances in games and yet Rex Ryan stands by him like he'smarried to the guy. Rex is married to his wife and her name isn't Mark Sanchez. It's almost absurd for him to continue to support Sanchez. It's becoming Einstein's definition of insanity. Rex Keeps on going to Sanchez, and Sanchez keeps on f*cking him with his poor play. Yet, Rex is expecting different result. Well, after 3 and change seasons if Sanchez hasn't gotten it right, he's NEVER going to.

Now more than ever before Rex should be changing things up. The team is playing very poorly and I don't believe any actual educated Jets fan thinks this team is getting to the playoffs this season. Rex should be using this season to find out who can remain on the team next season. Sort of like a rebuilding phase if you will.

Right now there really isn't any area of the team that looks reliable. Something that the CS can rely on. The QB is terrible. The WR's suck. The OL are a bunch of underachievers. The RB's are a joke. The defense is terrible right now.

Why not change the QB? Lets see what the team has in a guy like Greg McElroy. If we are going to lose 34-0 to a real team, why not use that time for some experimentation? Some time in the second half when Rex realizes the situation is untenable, REPLACE the starters and see who stands out.

I'm not just talking about the QB position either. What about Sione Pouha? Has anyone even heard from this guy this season? Is he even on the field? The guy went from pro bowler to JAG in the span of one offseason. REPLACE this guy with Kenrick Ellis. Lets see if Ellis, with more playing time, can give the team a spark.

Rex has already done it once now, so I know he's capable of doing it. He already benched Shon Greene in favor of Bilal Powell. That was the right move and it should continue. Shon Greene is an absolute fraud and Bilal Powell showed in the preseason that he wanted it more.

I would advocate much more of that. What players can give this team a spark? Because right now? The team needs a spark in the worst way.

If Rex can grasp the above criticisms and change them, then he'll be able to go forward with the team. Something that I truly hope happens. I like Rex Ryan. I like his boastful personality. I like his sense of humor. I like his approach with the players. I like the nice guy approach he takes with the players. He just needs to never let the players to take advantage of his nice guy personna. He can't be reduced to a sucker.

If Santonio Holmes can't get along with others on the team, why not go to him and say, "I need you to start to keep your mouth shut, get along with your teammates, and play better, or else I'm going to replace you in the starting lineup with someone else who is more of a team player." Don't talk to him like it's a threat ot like he's holding a gun to his head, just let him know that he wants to win and he's willing to do ANYTHING to achieve that. Including benching his best players if their attitudes are getting in the way.

I do know this is a absolute certainty. If Rex continues to go with Mark Sanchez, it's going to cost Rex his job. If he's unwilling to even bench Sanchez for the rest of one game when the team is getting blown out, it shows he doesn't know what is best for players from a motivational standpoint.

If Rex expects to keep his job, Sanchez getting benched is IMMINENT.

There are a couple of things.

I think Sanchez is gone after this year regardless. They got Tebow to try and light a spark under him and it failed.

The injury bug should spare Rex's job this year. When you lose two massive players on a team that is average to begin with, you're not going to do well.

However, I did not watch the San Francisco game, so somebody needs to tell me. Did the Jets play hard and were just outmatched or did they play listless?

If they played listless and continue to do so, I think Rex should be fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    There are a couple of things.

I think Sanchez is gone after this year regardless. They got Tebow to try and light a spark under him and it failed.

The injury bug should spare Rex's job this year. When you lose two massive players on a team that is average to begin with, you're not going to do well.

However, I did not watch the San Francisco game, so somebody needs to tell me. Did the Jets play hard and were just outmatched or did they play listless?

If they played listless and continue to do so, I think Rex should be fired.
    Dude....they got Embarassed. Listless is an insult to listless people. The team has QUIT on windbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I voted yes, but I say that with some hesitation.

Rex Ryan has proven to be a very good HC in prior years with the Jets. The problem is his lack of attention to details/fundamentals and his seeming ridiculous stubbornness when it comes to players.

We've all seen it many times over. The defense goes through long periods of undisciplined play. They can be very poor tacklers at times. They go through periods of penalty prone play. These are all things that take away from the teams abilities to win games.

Rex should be constantly getting on his assistants about practicing the fundamentals. Tackling drills designed to create textbook tackling. Educating players how to take down larger men. Constant harping and drilling about playing penalty free. When that happens, without even knowing it, it could be getting the offense thinking that it is OK to play that undisciplined. It isn't. It never is OK.

What's even worse is this recent ridiculous devotion to Mark Sanchez. Sanchez is consistently ruining the teams chances in games and yet Rex Ryan stands by him like he'smarried to the guy. Rex is married to his wife and her name isn't Mark Sanchez. It's almost absurd for him to continue to support Sanchez. It's becoming Einstein's definition of insanity. Rex Keeps on going to Sanchez, and Sanchez keeps on f*cking him with his poor play. Yet, Rex is expecting different result. Well, after 3 and change seasons if Sanchez hasn't gotten it right, he's NEVER going to.

Now more than ever before Rex should be changing things up. The team is playing very poorly and I don't believe any actual educated Jets fan thinks this team is getting to the playoffs this season. Rex should be using this season to find out who can remain on the team next season. Sort of like a rebuilding phase if you will.

Right now there really isn't any area of the team that looks reliable. Something that the CS can rely on. The QB is terrible. The WR's suck. The OL are a bunch of underachievers. The RB's are a joke. The defense is terrible right now.

Why not change the QB? Lets see what the team has in a guy like Greg McElroy. If we are going to lose 34-0 to a real team, why not use that time for some experimentation? Some time in the second half when Rex realizes the situation is untenable, REPLACE the starters and see who stands out.

I'm not just talking about the QB position either. What about Sione Pouha? Has anyone even heard from this guy this season? Is he even on the field? The guy went from pro bowler to JAG in the span of one offseason. REPLACE this guy with Kenrick Ellis. Lets see if Ellis, with more playing time, can give the team a spark.

Rex has already done it once now, so I know he's capable of doing it. He already benched Shon Greene in favor of Bilal Powell. That was the right move and it should continue. Shon Greene is an absolute fraud and Bilal Powell showed in the preseason that he wanted it more.

I would advocate much more of that. What players can give this team a spark? Because right now? The team needs a spark in the worst way.

If Rex can grasp the above criticisms and change them, then he'll be able to go forward with the team. Something that I truly hope happens. I like Rex Ryan. I like his boastful personality. I like his sense of humor. I like his approach with the players. I like the nice guy approach he takes with the players. He just needs to never let the players to take advantage of his nice guy personna. He can't be reduced to a sucker.

If Santonio Holmes can't get along with others on the team, why not go to him and say, "I need you to start to keep your mouth shut, get along with your teammates, and play better, or else I'm going to replace you in the starting lineup with someone else who is more of a team player." Don't talk to him like it's a threat ot like he's holding a gun to his head, just let him know that he wants to win and he's willing to do ANYTHING to achieve that. Including benching his best players if their attitudes are getting in the way.
    To be fair to Rex, he has improved. He's toned down the bluster that he had last year. This year, injuries have screwed him as well as his quarterback. I expect later in the year, when the Jets are out of it completely that he will start to experiment.

To be fair to Rex, he has improved. He's toned down the bluster that he had last year. This year, injuries have screwed him as well as his quarterback. I expect later in the year, when the Jets are out of it completely that he will start to experiment.
    If you look at it objectively...he turned down the bluster when the GIANTS beat us silly and we ended the year with 3 straight losses. THEN...to watch the GIANTS and PATS in the SB really made him look like a blowhard.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    If you look at it objectively...he turned down the bluster when the GIANTS beat us silly and we ended the year with 3 straight losses. THEN...to watch the GIANTS and PATS in the SB really made him look like a blowhard.
    And he learned his lesson.

Another thing to consider is the fact that this franchise has had no consistency in leadership. Even when Jack Del Rio had losing seasons in Jacksonville, they kept him.

Our longest tenured head coach in the last 40 years has to be Walt Michaels for about 5 years.

And he learned his lesson.

Another thing to consider is the fact that this franchise has had no consistency in leadership. Even when Jack Del Rio had losing seasons in Jacksonville, they kept him.

Our longest tenured head coach in the last 40 years has to be Walt Michaels for about 5 years.
    All facts...but where is Jacksonville now? WOODY must step back. the Favrebhire was acceptable but the Tebow hire makes us a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    All facts...but where is Jacksonville now? WOODY must step back. the Favrebhire was acceptable but the Tebow hire makes us a joke.
    I think this is the darkest part of all of it. Do you think that Woody will ever step back? I dont see it happening

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOOK

Sanchez worked out to be the guy that could QB a loaded team. Now it's 4 years later and they see he's struggling with subpar players. Where it is on Rex and the CS to have an inkling (that their top draft pick Franchise QB can do it all); their initial impression was right.

Yes I blame short term thinking; and I am implying that that is "fixable".
    Three years from now when Mike and Rex have driven the clown car out of town and we're contenders again, guess what:

Mark Sanchez will be looked upon as the only good thing to come out of the Ryan Era.

He's a very good quarterback when in the right circumstances and with a decent supporting cast. Everyone loves to talk about how "Rex got us four playoff wins and he beat the Chargers, Colts, and Patriots" yet no one says "Oh, yeah, well it was Mark Sanchez who outplayed Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady."

Mark Sanchez isn't the problem; he's the solution.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Three years from now when Mike and Rex have driven the clown car out of town and we're contenders again, guess what:

Mark Sanchez will be looked upon as the only good thing to come out of the Ryan Era.

He's a very good quarterback when in the right circumstances and with a decent supporting cast. Everyone loves to talk about how "Rex got us four playoff wins and he beat the Chargers, Colts, and Patriots" yet no one says "Oh, yeah, well it was Mark Sanchez who outplayed Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady."

Mark Sanchez isn't the problem; he's the solution.

SAR I
    But did he really "outplay" those guys, or was it the defense that did a tremendous job by forcing some turnovers, holding them to field goals when they normally score touchdowns, etc?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    But did he really "outplay" those guys, or was it the defense that did a tremendous job by forcing some turnovers, holding them to field goals when they normally score touchdowns, etc?
    The QB doesn't play defense, we all know that.

But on those three nights, Mark Sanchez played better than Rivers, Manning, and Brady. Especially when you consider that going into those three games those quarterbacks were blessed with better offenses.

Mark did more with less. Unfortunately, he's never been given the chance to do more with more. Take Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, and Finley off the Packers, tell me what Aaron Rodgers looks like.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 10-07-2012 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    I was done with his schtick last year. Right now, under his insipid "leadership", the team has become a cluster f**k. Truly, I can't wait for the day he is fired, along with the rest of the morons who comprise our coaching and managment staffs.
    Sometimes I feel completely like this, but I think you forgot to clear out 1/2 the players. Anybody that quits, should be gone. Time to play guys that want to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The QB doesn't play defense, we all know that.

But on those three nights, Mark Sanchez played better than Rivers, Manning, and Brady. Especially when you consider that going into those three games those quarterbacks were blessed with better offenses.

Mark did more with less. Unfortunately, he's never been given the chance to do more with more. Take Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Driver, and Finley off the Packers, tell me what Aaron Rodgers looks like.SAR I

Lets ignore the fact those three QB's were going against a much better defense. How did Mark stack up against Matt Moore in the last game of the year needing to win in order to have a chance in the playoffs?