Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations, Washington Nationals

Congratulations, Washington Nationals

+1.

Very impressive.

Great year for the Nats.

Them,the A'S The o's great stories this year in MLB

Just sad it took a Baseball Team to get me a Division Title.....

Jets Insider VIP
    CONGRATS, NATS!!!

Very impressive season. I hope they reconsider their decision on Stras, because you never know when a golden opportunity like this to get to the WS will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    CONGRATS, NATS!!!

Very impressive season. I hope they reconsider their decision on Stras, because you never know when a golden opportunity like this to get to the WS will happen again.
    Indeed, I do wonder if they just might. A shot at being Wolrd Champions is a rare thing indeed for some Cities, DC especially.

So not only were the Nats Division Winners, they finished up as the best team in Baseball.

I wonder if the Jets will EVER finish a season as the best team in football.....

I don't think so at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Indeed, I do wonder if they just might. A shot at being Wolrd Champions is a rare thing indeed for some Cities, DC especially.

So not only were the Nats Division Winners, they finished up as the best team in Baseball.

I wonder if the Jets will EVER finish a season as the best team in football.....

I don't think so at this rate.
    Yea like the twelth of never and that is a real long time. So far as the Nationals go all the way Guys!

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Yea like the twelth of never and that is a real long time. So far as the Nationals go all the way Guys!
    Playoff Game #1: Nats 3, Cards 2, Nats win!

Jets Insider VIP
    My daughter graduated college and now lives in the district and goes to a bunch of games.

Looks like she's becoming a NATS fan.

Grew up a Yankee fan, she's been to Fenway, Yankee stadium and now this?

They are a good story. Good for them.

Playoff Game #1: Nats 3, Cards 2, Nats win!
    Black eye today, Drop Game #2, Nats 4, Cards 12. Ouch.

Jets Insider VIP
    Leaving Stras off the postseason roster is about to kill the Nats. They're getting destroyed game 3 by the Cards. At least 1 player has annonymously killed the organization for the decision, saying after last game that if Strasburg had been on the roster they'd be up 2-0.

Stras could blow out his arm next spring anyway. That's pitching. But the Nats might have thrown away their best chance at a championship. How many times are they going to have the best record in baseball and homefield advantage throughout?

I'd be pretty damn furious if I was a Nats player or fan.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I find myself rooting against the Nationals because of the Strasberg shut-down decision.

I usually can explain my schadenfreude, but in this instance I cannot.

Squeaked out a must-win today, bring on he decisive Game 5.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

I really want to root for the Nats - my wife is from DC and my FIL is a STH. Problem is, this one DB I went to college with and who is in my Fantasy Football League has been non-stop talking smack about both the Nats AND the Yankees.

He claims fandom in both b/c he was a Yankee fan all his life until the Nats came around and now he roots for them both. I get the conundrum, but saying that your two favorite teams are in the playoffs just doesn't fly. And he just doesn't shut up.

And now I find myself wishing they lose. I feel bad about that, but sometimes you simply can't change that initial inclination. Your mind may try to tell you think otherwise, but somehow, you just can't.

Looks like you might get your wish, Nats just blew a 2-run 9th inning, 2 outs, 2 STRIKES lead.

N......a....t....s....Same Old Jets? /facepalm

bad choke job

cardinals are amazing. they are just a winning team

Un.......****ing....believeable.

I already love one team who routinely rips out my heart and ****s on it.

Not sure I want to sign up for another.

/dissapointed

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That may have been the most brutal choke job in baseball history.

If the Jets suffered a collapse like that, this board would implode, people would be jumping off bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    That may have been the most brutal choke job in baseball history.

If the Jets suffered a collapse like that, this board would implode, people would be jumping off bridges.
    As a lifelong devoted Jets Fan, last night felt almost exactly like many, MANY a Jets collapse/sudden dissapointment/unbelieveable failure.

I'm stull stunned, tbqh. Gut wrenching. Almost unbelieveable that it really happened.