Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's be honest. There is only one answer out there....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Let's be honest. There is only one answer out there....

Bill Cowher.

The only coach out there right now who would bring legitimacy back to this organization, if he would even come (which i doubt).

Im sorry, but trying to fix this season at this point is like trying to fix the economy at this point. Just not possible.

Players won't sign here. Players don't fall in line here. Players don't get developed here.

Get rid of the whole regime, and bring in the big jaw.

I say, let this coaching staff try to work magic with this failing roster and then move on. While I like Rex, 4 years in a downward direction is too much in this era. Tickets are WAY too expensive to live with a team that can't find, create, or utilize their talent properly.

If this is an organization run collectively by a group, then that group has got to go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would cowher ever work for an owner as cluless and meddlesome as Woody?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Bill Cowher.

The only coach out there right now who would bring legitimacy back to this organization, if he would even come (which i doubt).

Im sorry, but trying to fix this season at this point is like trying to fix the economy at this point. Just not possible.

Players won't sign here. Players don't fall in line here. Players don't get developed here.

Get rid of the whole regime, and bring in the big jaw.

I say, let this coaching staff try to work magic with this failing roster and then move on. While I like Rex, 4 years in a downward direction is too much in this era. Tickets are WAY too expensive to live with a team that can't find, create, or utilize their talent properly.

If this is an organization run collectively by a group, then that group has got to go.

John Harbaugh was a DB coach in Philly. A relatively unknown. Vetted and scoured by a true Ravens search commitee. Dont think for ONE minute ONLY Cowher can fix this. Guys like Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh etc... unknowns are out there.

REAL football men wont come here unless Woody sign off to stay away.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It took the guy well over a decade to finally win a Super Bowl. People forget he coached a lot of mediocre teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    John Harbaugh was a DB coach in Philly. A relatively unknown. Vetted and scoured by a true Ravens search commitee. Dont think for ONE minute ONLY Cowher can fix this. Guys like Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh etc... unknowns are out there.

REAL football men wont come here unless Woody sign off to stay away.
    While I totally agree, after Rex and Mangini, I'll take a proven track record.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    While I totally agree, after Rex and Mangini, I'll take a proven track record.
    It took him 14 years to win a bowl you think this board has that type of patience?? Rex hasn't had a losing season and people want him gone..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have to say, I'm more of a Bill Polian guy. Let him come in here & hire a coach.
    We need a FINAL SAY guy!
    Too many people get to speak in this organization.

Jay Gruden would be a good choice but he probably won't leave Cincy, they have good thing going on there.
    We need an offensive mind in this day & age. You can always get a veteran DC in this league, look what Phillips has done for Texans or what Nolan has done for Falcons.
    I would trade as many as our players as we could for draft picks:
    Sanchez- Raiders would probably take a look/get him back to California
    Holmes- Bag of peanuts would suffice
    Revis- If your rebuilding bold as long as he comes back A1 healthy there will always be a market, I could see Jerry Jones going all in!
    It's time to play the young guys, Rex supernova has exploded & he's shot, too much talk, can't change now.
    Jets will have a really high pick in 2013, most teams that will be up there already have their QB & with so many college teams playing Pro style offenses it just seems that their are so many young QBs having success right now.
    Sanchez short pass inaccuracy is his biggest flaw! He needs a really good line & a gunslinger mentality which fits the Raiders style.
    We have to get the right QB if we are ever going to change this around.
    We can't give up trying to get one. We will have a horrible record this year & that will allow us another chance to right the wrong of Sanchez, we have to keep trying.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It took him 14 years to win a bowl you think this board has that type of patience?? Rex hasn't had a losing season and people want him gone..
    Fair point, but how many losing seasons did he have ever?

3 losing seasons in 15 years and 1 8-8 season. Not too shabby.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wrong Pitt coach, get Chuck Noll.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Wrong Pitt coach, get Chuck Noll.
    Can he fake an MRI?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Fair point, but how many losing seasons did he have ever?

3 losing seasons in 15 years and 1 8-8 season. Not too shabby.
    1998 and 1999 he had back to back losing seasons this board would have had him gone.. He won the Bowl when they got Big Ben..

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Can he fake an MRI?
    Like I said, cadaver parts are easily available to anyone. So you tell me, smart guy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Have to say, I'm more of a Bill Polian guy. Let him come in here & hire a coach.
    We need a FINAL SAY guy!
    Too many people get to speak in this organization.

Jay Gruden would be a good choice but he probably won't leave Cincy, they have good thing going on there.
    We need an offensive mind in this day & age. You can always get a veteran DC in this league, look what Phillips has done for Texans or what Nolan has done for Falcons.
    I would trade as many as our players as we could for draft picks:
    Sanchez- Raiders would probably take a look/get him back to California
    Holmes- Bag of peanuts would suffice
    Revis- If your rebuilding bold as long as he comes back A1 healthy there will always be a market, I could see Jerry Jones going all in!
    It's time to play the young guys, Rex supernova has exploded & he's shot, too much talk, can't change now.
    Jets will have a really high pick in 2013, most teams that will be up there already have their QB & with so many college teams playing Pro style offenses it just seems that their are so many young QBs having success right now.
    Sanchez short pass inaccuracy is his biggest flaw! He needs a really good line & a gunslinger mentality which fits the Raiders style.
    We have to get the right QB if we are ever going to change this around.
    We can't give up trying to get one. We will have a horrible record this year & that will allow us another chance to right the wrong of Sanchez, we have to keep trying.
    How much talent did Polian leave the Colts with? Peyton Manning covered up a team with a lot of holes. I don't want Polian.

I'm on board with SAR, Gruden or Cowher.

People forget with Cowher, he took Neil O'Donnel to the SB against the vaunted Cowboys, and only lost when O'Donnel imploded. His teams always played hard, and did not quit. He had Slash Stewart as his QB for Pete's sake.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said, cadaver parts are easily available to anyone. So you tell me, smart guy.
    Your mom.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    $

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Your mom.
    Moderator!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    1998 and 1999 he had back to back losing seasons this board would have had him gone.. He won the Bowl when they got Big Ben..
    Exactly.

No thanks to Cowher.

Bring in a real GM and personnel guy. Worry about the coach after that.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now, wait - are you saying that Holmes has been playing with a cadaver leg all along? This is getting interesting . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Am I correct in saying that if Woody fires Rex and hires a new coach this would be his 4th Head Coach since buying the Jets??? Herm, Mangini, Rex, _____ ? Also, they'd be on at least their 3rd or 4th starting QB???

At some point you have to say it's not the coaching or QB, maybe it's the Owner and/or GM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Exactly.

No thanks to Cowher.

Bring in a real GM and personnel guy. Worry about the coach after that.
    Umm. And who is that?

Just in case you were sleeping during his 15 year reign....

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances.