Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's be honest. There is only one answer out there....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Am I correct in saying that if Woody fires Rex and hires a new coach this would be his 4th Head Coach since buying the Jets??? Herm, Mangini, Rex, _____ ? Also, they'd be on at least their 3rd or 4th starting QB???

At some point you have to say it's not the coaching or QB, maybe it's the Owner and/or GM.
    Oh, i definitely agree Mike T has to go. The owner, on the other hand, is not possible so. However, if you recall, Bill C would not come here back when Rex was hired b/c he wanted his own GM. Looks like a genius in my book now.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Am I correct in saying that if Woody fires Rex and hires a new coach this would be his 4th Head Coach since buying the Jets??? Herm, Mangini, Rex, _____ ? Also, they'd be on at least their 3rd or 4th starting QB???

At some point you have to say it's not the coaching or QB, maybe it's the Owner and/or GM.
    you can have a clueless owner, as long as you have a good gm. woody seems content to let this play out, have tebow take over and keep the spotlight on the team through this season. you'd think woody would get rid of tanny after the season, but he may not realize that a new gm would want a new hc and i'm not sure he's had it with rex yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    It took him 14 years to win a bowl you think this board has that type of patience?? Rex hasn't had a losing season and people want him gone..
    In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Umm. And who is that?

Just in case you were sleeping during his 15 year reign....
    Well, you make a good point and that's an enviable track record. I watched tons of Steelers games - even back to Chuck Knoll and for me, the knock on Cowher was always that he couldn't ever really reach the finish line.

I will never question the heart of his teams; they truly NEVER quit on him. But, his offenses were always stuck in a rut - it really did take Big Ben to bring the Steelers into the true modern era of football. Notwithstanding his 'slash' usage.

So - I could see Cowher as a GM possibly - a tone-setter - for sure! But as a coach, I think it would be a step in the wrong direction.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Well, you make a good point and that's an enviable track record. I watched tons of Steelers games - even back to Chuck Knoll and for me, the knock on Cowher was always that he couldn't ever really reach the finish line.

I will never question the heart of his teams; they truly NEVER quit on him. But, his offenses were always stuck in a rut - it really did take Big Ben to bring the Steelers into the true modern era of football. Notwithstanding his 'slash' usage.

So - I could see Cowher as a GM possibly - a tone-setter - for sure! But as a coach, I think it would be a step in the wrong direction.
    After Herm, Mangina, and Rex, I guess I'm just hoping for some stability. with the way the season is looking, bill would be able to get his Big Ben in next years draft.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How much talent did Polian leave the Colts with? Peyton Manning covered up a team with a lot of holes. I don't want Polian.

I'm on board with SAR, Gruden or Cowher.

People forget with Cowher, he took Neil O'Donnel to the SB against the vaunted Cowboys, and only lost when O'Donnel imploded. His teams always played hard, and did not quit. He had Slash Stewart as his QB for Pete's sake.
    A 2nd rd pick??So his GM sucked??

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chucky

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    How much talent did Polian leave the Colts with? Peyton Manning covered up a team with a lot of holes. I don't want Polian.

I'm on board with SAR, Gruden or Cowher.

People forget with Cowher, he took Neil O'Donnel to the SB against the vaunted Cowboys, and only lost when O'Donnel imploded. His teams always played hard, and did not quit. He had Slash Stewart as his QB for Pete's sake.
    You guys are SO WRONG about Polian
    He built the Bills & the Colts!
    When you have Payton you gotta PAY HIM
    Not easy to fill out a roster when your QB makes so much
    Guy put together a team that dominated a divison for 12 YEARS!
    Eventually its gonna fall apart man.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Polian is a great GM. I would have no problem with anyone who carries a proven track record.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    +1

Polian is a good football man. That is what this team needs to start with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gruden will be the next Cowboys coach. He isn't coming.

Cowher is not coming b.c he wants full control and quite frankly he doesn't deserve it.

I don't think the next HC has to be "offensive guy", I just think he has to have an open mind when it comes to offense and be somewhat balanced. Rex is 100% defense.

I agree. We need a "football czar" GM. Someone who is clearly is in charge and has a background in personnel. Maybe we can pluck someone from the usual suspects like Pitt, Baltimore, the Giants (yes the Giants) or GB.

Personally I would like to blow everything up. Change the FO, coaches, players, team colors, jerseys, emblem, mascott, cheerleaders. Everything. For us to come close two years in a row and have things fall apart like this clinches the FACT that this organization is cursed.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bill Cowher.

The only coach out there right now who would bring legitimacy back to this organization, if he would even come (which i doubt).

Im sorry, but trying to fix this season at this point is like trying to fix the economy at this point. Just not possible.

Players won't sign here. Players don't fall in line here. Players don't get developed here.

Get rid of the whole regime, and bring in the big jaw.

I say, let this coaching staff try to work magic with this failing roster and then move on. While I like Rex, 4 years in a downward direction is too much in this era. Tickets are WAY too expensive to live with a team that can't find, create, or utilize their talent properly.

If this is an organization run collectively by a group, then that group has got to go.

I'm with you. Would love Bill Cower and if we are lucky Geno Smith

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 2nd rd pick??So his GM sucked??
    I'm just saying that he was getting to the playoffs with Slash and Neil O'Donnell as his QBs. People say he only one 1 SB in 14 years, like he had bad teams. He won his division over and over, his teams were usually competitve.

Everyone misses on draft picks.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Moderator!
    I saved you a spot in the euthanasia line. Here; you go first.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    Like I said, cadaver parts are easily available to anyone. So you tell me, smart guy.
    Did you purchase a cadaver brain?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It took him 14 years to win a bowl you think this board has that type of patience?? Rex hasn't had a losing season and people want him gone..
    Exactly.

The real question fan should ask is "Why would Cowher want to work for a fanbase and media city as inpatient, unfair, damanding and outright hysterical as the Jets?"

Cowher in say, Carolina, gets 5-10 years and maybe, maybe a few bucks less.

Cowher in NY, gets 1 season before the boo birds and "fire this bum, he's lost it" and "he always sucked" fans and media come calling.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Polian is a great GM. I would have no problem with anyone who carries a proven track record.
    I'm don't think Polian would come here and he definitely is not a good fit for the NY market.

With the Colts the guy built a reputation of being a class A jerk to people both inside and outside of the organization.

The media here, in tiny little Indy, hated the guy and constantly battled it out with him. Polian only gave service to those in the media that bowed down to him and his massive ego.

Imagine what would happen in NY - you think the media is bad with Rex and Company now. It would be world war III with Polian here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I'm don't think Polian would come here and he definitely is not a good fit for the NY market.

With the Colts the guy built a reputation of being a class A jerk to people both inside and outside of the organization.

The media here, in tiny little Indy, hated the guy and constantly battled it out with him. Polian only gave service to those in the media that bowed down to him and his massive ego.

Imagine what would happen in NY - you think the media is bad with Rex and Company now. It would be world war III with Polian here.
    Hey totally off topic - just got back from a video shoot in Bloomington. Great place!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Nope don't forget Al Groh.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The kiddies here don't understand who Polian actually is. Another guy is Charlie Casserley. These are football guys. I would LOVE to give Polian the reigns to the Jets, no brainer. Say whatever you want about his Colts, he would NEVER EVER present a product for the regular season like we did this season. NEVER.