Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Let's be honest. There is only one answer out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Exactly.

The real question fan should ask is "Why would Cowher want to work for a fanbase and media city as inpatient, unfair, damanding and outright hysterical as the Jets?"

Cowher in say, Carolina, gets 5-10 years and maybe, maybe a few bucks less.

Cowher in NY, gets 1 season before the boo birds and "fire this bum, he's lost it" and "he always sucked" fans and media come calling.
    Fish with this current train wreck, how can you say Cowher would only get 1 year? That is ridiculous.

what is Cowher's record coaching without Dick LeBeau? Just curious if anyone knows?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by One Eye View Post
    Bill Cowher.

The only coach out there right now who would bring legitimacy back to this organization, if he would even come (which i doubt).

Im sorry, but trying to fix this season at this point is like trying to fix the economy at this point. Just not possible.

Players won't sign here. Players don't fall in line here. Players don't get developed here.

Get rid of the whole regime, and bring in the big jaw.

I say, let this coaching staff try to work magic with this failing roster and then move on. While I like Rex, 4 years in a downward direction is too much in this era. Tickets are WAY too expensive to live with a team that can't find, create, or utilize their talent properly.

If this is an organization run collectively by a group, then that group has got to go.

I do not think he's the answer at all.

What did he do in Pittsburgh that Tomlin hasn't done?

Cowher was blessed to be working for the one of best organizations in football. He was surrounded by all of the right people, the right decision makers. A great DC. An OC who's winning elsewhere now. A very good, tough QB.

I don't trust him to be the GM. I don't trust him to make the right hires. And I don't think he's all that great of a game day manager, either.

He's Jack DelRio -- only difference is Jack was stuck in a lousy situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I do not think he's the answer at all.

What did he do in Pittsburgh that Tomlin hasn't done?

Cowher was blessed to be working for the one of best organizations in football. He was surrounded by all of the right people, the right decision makers. A great DC. An OC who's winning elsewhere now. A very good, tough QB.

I don't trust him to be the GM. I don't trust him to make the right hires. And I don't think he's all that great of a game day manager, either.

He's Jack DelRio -- only difference is Jack was stuck in a lousy situation.
    We're all entitled to our opinions, but you don't last as HC of a premiere franchise for 15 years in this league by getting lucky. The man can coach, that is for sure. Tomlin is working off the base Bill, LeBeau, and the organization built. While I will give you, it is a great organization, did you see the man's accomplishments?

In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    John Harbaugh was a DB coach in Philly. A relatively unknown. Vetted and scoured by a true Ravens search commitee. Dont think for ONE minute ONLY Cowher can fix this. Guys like Mike Tomlin, John Harbaugh etc... unknowns are out there.

REAL football men wont come here unless Woody sign off to stay away.
    But look at the teams those 2 took over. Teams loaded on both sides of the ball and young talent coming up to work with. Many coaches would have succeeded in those spots with Balt and Pitt. Not great examples.

How good would those coaches be had they went to Cleveland or St Louis?

All Pro
    We're all entitled to our opinions, but you don't last as HC of a premiere franchise for 15 years in this league by getting lucky. The man can coach, that is for sure. Tomlin is working off the base Bill, LeBeau, and the organization built. While I will give you, it is a great organization, did you see the man's accomplishments?
    I'm not saying he is terrible juet grossly overrated by most people. Add the fact that he hasn't coached at all for several years and I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I'm don't think Polian would come here and he definitely is not a good fit for the NY market.

With the Colts the guy built a reputation of being a class A jerk to people both inside and outside of the organization.

The media here, in tiny little Indy, hated the guy and constantly battled it out with him. Polian only gave service to those in the media that bowed down to him and his massive ego.

Imagine what would happen in NY - you think the media is bad with Rex and Company now. It would be world war III with Polian here.
    Precisely why you need a Bill Polian!
    That guy up the pike in New England sounds just like him! Have you ever heard a Rex press conference? He's an effing idiot clown telling everyone exactly where our players are hurt (Oh, he's got a hang nail on his left big toe), & then proceeds to tell everyone how great EVERY PLAYER IN PRACTICE WAS & OOPS, FORGOT TO TELL U I'M THE BEST DC IN THE BUSINESS! STFU!
    I liked the 2009-2010 Rex but it's OVER! It's amazing that fans don't get this?
    He was a Super Nova that burst into NY, got his players to run thru walls & couldn't get them to show up 3 times in a row!
    He almost did it, but, came up short & now he's fizzling out like a sparkler, you need a coach with an even disposition in this business for the LONG HAUL, that's not Rex Ryan.
    He's not smart enough! How the hell can a guy that has put in plans to stop other teams offenses be that naive to think that Shonn Greene could be our #1 back? In this day & age!
    He can't even catch a screen pass! Keller is totally average! Holmes is a #2 wideout! They stuck with HUNTER GOING INTO THE SEASON!
    These are fireable offenses for both the GM & Rex.

Banned
    In Cowher’s 15 seasons, the Steelers captured eight division titles, earned ten postseason playoff berths, played in 21 playoff games, advanced to six AFC Championship games and made two Super Bowl appearances.
    I love how Rex gets killed for not winning the 2 afc championship games. Yet Cowher in his first 3 years was one and done in 2 of them and lost in the AFC championship game in the other. 1-3 record compared to Ryans 4-4 record. Our fan base is DUMB that they would have tried to run Cowher out of town after year 3. Sometimes patience is the best course of action. I agree we need a new GM, Tannenbaum has done nothing the past 3 years in regards to bringing in talent. But Ryan is not the problem, his roster is.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    But look at the teams those 2 took over. Teams loaded on both sides of the ball and young talent coming up to work with. Many coaches would have succeeded in those spots with Balt and Pitt. Not great examples.

How good would those coaches be had they went to Cleveland or St Louis?
    Disagree.... The 49ers in 2010 were a mess. 6-10, fired Mike Singletary. The team was lost. A great coach makes it happen.

The Ravens? OK, but he has kept them solid since 2008. Can Rex say that? They drafted better, play better and are in as tough if not TOUGHER division.

They are both more cerebral coaches.

Jets Insider VIP
    My problem with....

Tanny - poor drafting and listening to closely to his 'inner circle' who does not have a good track record.

Rex - over inflates player egos and does not hold them accountable

Sparano - terrible playcalling. Calls 'trick' plays before running the base plays.

Pettine - not sure he is anything but Rex's right hand man.

Westhoff - he's retiring anyway

----

Never gonna happen, unfortunately.