Thread: NBA2K13...

NBA2K13...

anyone pick it up? if you can get past the gimicky Jay Z, Justin Bieber crap the game delivers once again this year...smooth as can be...and the new dribble controlls seem like an upgrade.

just read that NBA live was supposed to come out as a download only for like 20 bucks, and they couldnt even get that right...canceled again. i am pretty sure u can still buy that NBA live unreleased disk on ebay from the first time they canceled it.

All Pro
    Picked it up. Great as usual.

I think its surpassed FIFA as the best sports game franchise.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I'm swearing off sports games this year. I was hugely dissapointed with the new Madden. That's probably the last one I'll buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Picked it up. Great as usual.

I think its surpassed FIFA as the best sports game franchise.
    i only got 1 game in last night, but i really did enjoy it...also like the brooklyn stuff for this year. did u get the hang of the controller? i think it makes things flow smoother when on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I'm swearing off sports games this year. I was hugely dissapointed with the new Madden. That's probably the last one I'll buy.
    its not great, but its not bad either...i tried to play NFL2K5 the other day...def not as great as people recall it being lol

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    its not great, but its not bad either...i tried to play NFL2K5 the other day...def not as great as people recall it being lol
    I thought it was terrible. The player animations remind me of the old NFL Blitz arcade game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I thought it was terrible. The player animations remind me of the old NFL Blitz arcade game.
    i think u r in the minority (maybe its your TV?). the majority of people will tell u that while EA hasnt progressed the series anywhere near enough since having an exclusive license...its certainly not a terrible game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i only got 1 game in last night, but i really did enjoy it...also like the brooklyn stuff for this year. did u get the hang of the controller? i think it makes things flow smoother when on offense.
    Yeah. The dribble stick is sometimes confusing but I think its a great addition especially considering I never used the stick to shoot. Still need to get the hang of it.

I like the fact that they are so self motivated especially considering they have a monopoly on basketball games. They couldve put out 2k12 with updated rosters and it would be a good game but they made myplayer, association and every other mode better.

I wish Madden would do the same with their product but they are content to live on their name brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Yeah. The dribble stick is sometimes confusing but I think its a great addition especially considering I never used the stick to shoot. Still need to get the hang of it.

I like the fact that they are so self motivated especially considering they have a monopoly on basketball games. They couldve put out 2k12 with updated rosters and it would be a good game but they made myplayer, association and every other mode better.

I wish Madden would do the same with their product but they are content to live on their name brand.
    if you set the shooting to "real player %" then does the shoot button become the equivalent of the shot stick? i found it easier to use R to drible and then shoot button to shoot as opposed to holding 2 back buttons and the stick to shoot...