Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The NYJets are gonna win on Monday night

You forgot to say 'Book it'.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    no no no.. 651 is the over/under on the number of rushing yards combined for Arian Foster/Ben Tate... I'm taking the over...

Forget Sanchez and the offense for a second - to believe we can win this game, you have to believe that our defense will figure out a way to stop what is probably the most complete offense in the league... to quote the movie Taken.. "good luck"

For us to have a chance in this game, we will have to be at least +3 in turnover margin...
    So then shall it be.

Threads and comments like this were made before the Niners game too. The classic "we'll win just because" thread...

Even if you wanted to believe the Texans would overlook us and have a letdown, that'd have a better chance of happening if this game were buried on a Sunday at 1 pm. Not on Monday night for a national audience, we will get their best game, they aren't sleepwalking on MNF.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Jets will not even score a point Monday.

Lets be friggin real.

Best case the game is 30-6 Houston.
    While that is the likely scenario, Rex has to guard against the snowball effect.

Having a losing season is not always determinitive of a HC get fired, it is how they lose. If the Jets start a long losing streak and get blown out on numerous occassions, Woody will be forced to make a change. The same thing happened in Tampa last year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr November View Post
    With Holmes out and Sanchez being somewhat scared to get in his face and whether Sanchez plays good or bad, he needs to take leadership of the offense and call his teammates out when needed.

If you won't get in the face of Chaz, Kerley, Hill and co., you have no chance to gain the respect of your peers.
    There's nobody left on this offense to challenge Mark Sanchez on the field. It's his team now, so it's now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    You forgot to say 'Book it'.
    Also in a surprise turn of events, sg3 picked us too

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Threads and comments like this were made before the Niners game too. The classic "we'll win just because" thread...

Even if you wanted to believe the Texans would overlook us and have a letdown, that'd have a better chance of happening if this game were buried on a Sunday at 1 pm. Not on Monday night for a national audience, we will get their best game, they aren't sleepwalking on MNF.
    Well, the Texans are choke artists. That's a silver lining.

All Pro
    I really really hope you're right. The Jets win games no expects them to win. But I really don't see how they pull this out. I think this game shall be known as the Monday night Massacre AKA the second coming of Jes...err I mean Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That isn't the question. The question is whether Sanchez and the players believe in themselves and their teamates for the long run.
    Yes, some teams can win games and beat better opponents but this Jet team is shot. it's given up on the season already.

No way they win Monday night. Not a shot.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

I didn't make those claims and for real for real, I don't know why i made this one. For 2 days now i have seen the Jets winning this game . Don't ask me to explain it, because i can't .

I just know that the Jets will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I didn't make those claims and for real for real, I don't know why i made this one. For 2 days now i have seen the Jets winning this game . Don't ask me to explain it, because i can't .

I just know that the Jets will win.
    Hey, I hope you're right, but this is a huge mismatch on paper. It was before the season started too. If you compare the teams, they are better at nearly every position.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I really really hope you're right. The Jets win games no expects them to win. But I really don't see how they pull this out. I think this game shall be known as the Monday night Massacre AKA the second coming of Jes...err I mean Tebow
    Remember this post.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Maybe the only hope we have is to keep the score down via ball control and away from the Texans. Tebow probably has the best shot at grinding out the clock...IMHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    That isn't the question. The question is whether Sanchez and the players believe in themselves and their teamates for the long run.
    I think we're on the same page. Im asking if you believe that 'the players believe in themselves and their teammates/coaches for the long run'

Jets Insider VIP
    And the hero is gonna be Mark Sanchez.

2 and a half weeks ago the Niners lost a game to the Vikes nobody believe they would. This week, it,'s the Texans turn and the Jets will win.

It won't be hard to find this thread, it should be right at the top of where all the non believers will call for it to be.

Until Tuesday morning then.
    Are you willing to put $ on it

There's nobody left on this offense to challenge Mark Sanchez on the field. It's his team now, so it's now or never.
    Exactly.

There's no need to just look at one side of the field now. Do what every good QB does and throw the ball to the player that is open, pending any of these WRs can get open.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Vikings have Adrian Peterson, Jared Allen, Percy Harvin etc.

We do not have 1 player that is the caliber of those guys.

You need playmakers to win. We dont have any. Dont say cause the vikes won we can win. We cant. We dont have the personal the vikes do.

Hall Of Fame
    There is nobody left on the field at all. No Hill, Keller, Holmes. Who is going to make any plays for the Jets?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Bet the ranch on the Texans.

Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    no no no.. 651 is the over/under on the number of rushing yards combined for Arian Foster/Ben Tate... I'm taking the over...

Forget Sanchez and the offense for a second - to believe we can win this game, you have to believe that our defense will figure out a way to stop what is probably the most complete offense in the league... to quote the movie Taken.. "good luck"

For us to have a chance in this game, we will have to be at least +3 in turnover margin...
    Poor quote choice.. if you've seen Taken you know why