Thread: Offensive starters for Monday night?

Jets Insider VIP

Offensive starters for Monday night?

No Keller again, no Holmes. Who are we sending out there? Do Kerley and Shilens start at WR even though Kerley is a slot guy? Cumberland at TE I guess? Is Connor hurt?

Jets Insider VIP
    Sanchez, greene, schilens, Kerley add cumberland.

The worst set of skill position players in the entire league.

2-14 here we come.

the jets version of the replacements.

Hall Of Fame
    Yes, the starters are offensive.

Veteran
    I mean, the Jets are really going to have to go ball-control and use the Wildcat and whatever else just to keep the chains moving as much as possible. This is really going to be strange to watch.

Why not bring up the Aussie Rugby player and have him play..things are real bad.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Why not bring up the Aussie Rugby player and have him play..things are real bad.
    They are still working on breaking his habit of kicking the ball as soon as he catches it.

All League
    So the Jets WR1, WR2, TE1 are all injured, the RB2 is better than the RB1, and the QB3 is better than the QB2. The LG2 splits time 50-50 with the LG1. This all makes sense.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    When you are young your depth is younger.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    They are still working on breaking his habit of kicking the ball as soon as he catches it.
    At least we can get some points!!! The drop kick is a legal play. Last to do it was Flutie.

Hill hasn't practiced since pulling his hamstring in Week 3. The Jets will likely be forced to roll with Jeremy Kerley and Chaz Schilens as their starting wideouts against the Texans Monday.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    So the Jets WR1, WR2, TE1 are all injured, the RB2 is better than the RB1, and the QB3 is better than the QB2. The LG2 splits time 50-50 with the LG1. This all makes sense.
    SGIII > iPhone5

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Is Keller for sure out again?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    No Keller again, no Holmes. Who are we sending out there? Do Kerley and Shilens start at WR even though Kerley is a slot guy? Cumberland at TE I guess? Is Connor hurt?
    I know Keller didn't practice, but has he been ruled out for MNF? I missed it.

Has Keller been ruled out?

I haven't read that yet...

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Stephen Hill, Dustin Keller don't practice with Jets, clouding status against Texans
    By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
    on October 03, 2012 at 1:33 PM, updated October 03, 2012 at 1:45 PM Email | Print

Stephen Hill, the Jets' rookie receiver, did not practice today due to a hamstring injury.
    John O'Boyle/The Star-Ledger
    Rex Ryan said that WR Stephen Hill (hamstring) and TE Dustin Keller (hamstring) would not practice today, further clouding each player's status for Monday night's game at MetLife Stadium against the Houston Texans.

Keller has missed the last three weeks and Hill injured himself in the third quarter against the Dolphins.

MORE COVERAGE OF JETS FOOTBALL

Santonio Holmes placed on injured reserve, ending season for Jets' leading receiver

Rex Ryan responds to Carlos Rogers 'quitting' comments about Jets defense

Jets sign WR Jason Hill in wake of Santonio Holmes injury

Stephen Hill, Dustin Keller don't practice with Jets, clouding status against Texans

Jets' Bilal Powell not overtaking Shonn Greene, played more because of game situations against Niners

Texans - Titans game review: Look back at Houston's 38-14 win

Free Jets mobile app from NJ.com

Jets stories and columns

Keller was a late scratch on Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers, though Ryan expressed doubt in his status this week, as well.

Earlier today, the Jets announced Santonio Holmes, the team's leading receiver, will miss the season with a Lisfranc injury to his left foot. To help fill the absences due to injury in the receiving corps, the Jets today signed Jason HIll, a free agent.

NJ.com has free mobile phone apps for Giants, Jets and Rutgers football. Download today for iPhone or Android.

Conor Orr: corr@starledger.com; twitter.com/ConorTOrr

Sponsored Links