Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Man Who Should Take Over the Front Office

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    We are not worthy

Named as one of the most powerful people in sports under the age of 35,[2] DeCosta has played a strong role in the drafting of Pro Bowl players like Ed Reed, Terrell Suggs, Jamal Lewis, Bart Scott, Le'Ron McClain, Haloti Ngata, Marshal Yanda, Ben Grubbs, and Ray Rice along with significant contributors Tony Weaver, Mark Clayton, Chester Taylor, Ed Hartwell, Dawan Landry, Jason Brown, Jared Gaither, Sam Koch, and Lardarius Webb.

H/t wiki
    Very impressive. Now compare this to the dregs drafted by the Jets over that timespan.

Rex knows defense ... we just need a better GM and a better OC. How this team has not upgraded a pass rush and gotten worse at OL, RB, & Receiver is beyond me. We've been begging for a pass rusher for the longest. At receiver I've watched the Falcons trade up for Julio Jones while we drafted Mo, the Bears get Brandon Marshall, NE get LLoyd, B More trade for Boldin and so on. Instead of trying to put deadly weapons around Sanchez to help him develop better they've gotten a guy fresh out of prison who hadn't played in 2 years, let go of their 1A receiver who Sanchez had the best chemistry with, not upgraded the O line one bit, and sign guys like Schillens, draft an unproven rookie who played in an option offense & got the ball thrown to him 3 times a game in college (needs time to develop), and depend on Shonn Greene as a #1 RB.

Then we have issues with the OC we go out and get a guy who last time he called plays as an OC he was a CO-OC (imagine that) .. and only called the running plays lol. I mean this just can't be written any worse. All this time we gave Sanchez more money and security and traded a pick for Tebow who we've been using as a FB and TE LMAO. I mean ... why not trade the pick for a guy who can actually help Sanchez on offense. Also we go youth youth youth with the D Line like this was the biggest issue with our team all the while we don't have no outside LB pass rushers and we have no youth at LB which was the real weakness in our team. I rather keep playing Vets at the D Line and improve the Linebacking core. Rex and Tanny might have ruined this franchise by Rex's D Line passion. We drafted 1st rounders who aren't playmakers ... I really don't get it. Coples can be something special but boy could we have gotten better value at LB, OLB edge rusher, RB or Receiver first round, TE, etc. Its a mess

Undrafted Free Agent
    it's John Gruden, just saying

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    it's John Gruden, just saying
    rookie

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Gruden

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by miamijet1 View Post
    Bill Polian anyone?
    I am for Bill Polian as our GM and Jimmy Johnson as our HC.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    When this season blows up (not if, when...like week 6?), I want to see the slate wiped clean. Anyone who was on board with the Tebow trade over trying to fill the real holes on offense has to go.

I am all for pilfering from successful franchises. Either target the Ravens or the Steelers. Any team that has sustained success is a team I want to see the Jets pick from.
    Wouldn't matter....we would just want to get rid of them after having a losing season...it's the way Jets fans roll

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I am for Bill Polian as our GM and Jimmy Johnson as our HC.
    Lets do the timewarp again. Foget Polian. He is way too old to start a new project. Who wants a 70 year old GM starting his first year? Jimmy Johnson has not coached it seems like since the Reagan administration.

Decosta who is a local, His high school is 15 miles from here is under contract.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Wouldn't matter....we would just want to get rid of them after having a losing season...it's the way Jets fans roll
    I agree, normally....

but this season is inexcusable incompetence in regard to personnel moves. I would keep Rex, but the GM has had enough time, and has not produced. Most likely a new GM means a new coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Lets do the timewarp again. Foget Polian. He is way too old to start a new project. Who wants a 70 year old GM starting his first year?
    Back in the day Polian was one of the best. But the last 10 years he's pretty much just coasted. Manning alone kept that franchise viable. Once Manning went down the entire NFL saw how horrendous the Colts really were.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Decosta who is a local, His high school is 15 miles from here is under contract.
    Does that matter if the position is an upgrade, which it would be?

All League
    The Ravens are paying him the same as most teams pay their GMs and he's been guaranteed the job when Ozzie leaves. It would take a lot.

Oh Hell to the YEAH! This would be a GREAT move...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    This guy, plus Jay Gruden as hc plus the #1 pick in the draft.......

This would be the best scenario our franchise has had since Parcells came aboard in 97.
    Im in for this.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Why?? Other then Peyton what else does have on his resume.
    Seriously?

the Buffalo bill teams that got to 4 straight superbowls.
    Why?? Other then Peyton what else does have on his resume.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sec318 View Post
    the Buffalo bill teams that got to 4 straight superbowls.
    Tell me what he did after 93', you know when the salary cap came and GM's really had to earn their money and build teams with drafting.

yes we need a new GM. Not sure what this guy from the Ravens can do but they sure do draft well.
    I don't think we need a new HC or OC. Instead we need a QB.

Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Does that matter if the position is an upgrade, which it would be?
    My guess is that since the owner announced that he is Newsome's successor when he gave him the contract to not go to the Seahawks that they can keep him.

I hoped that he would want to come home and be with the Pats but his success over the last 5 years precluded that from playing 2nd fiddle to Belichick.

My guess is that it is structured along the line that BB had with Hess.

All League
    Tell me what he did after 93', you know when the salary cap came and GM's really had to earn their money and build teams with drafting.
    He got the Panthers to the NFCCG in their 2nd year. That's pretty good.

I don't want anything to do with Polian, because he's elderly, but he has accomplishments.