Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FFToday on Greg McElroy

Quote Originally Posted by barkus View Post
    I get what your saying but how many national championships did those guys win? Alabama is basically a farm team for the nfl with a former nfl coach running an advanced program. Those guys were scrubs from nowhere schools mostly.
    I just don't get it? Why is he here if nobody wants to give him a shot? Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB, we all have seen it/know it and the coaches know it. He is a novelty item. He was forced on them by an owner who knows sh*t about football. If Sanchez continues to stink then see what the heck you have in a guy who you have been paying for 2 years....if he is a bum then ...he 's a bum..

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    If the Jets are sitting at 2-10 and Sanchez is playing as bad as he is now, what exactly do you recommend they should do? Continue to trot Sanchez out there to play awfully? Tebow blows, so there's no reason to even consider bothering with him, so if that is the case, why not let McElroy finish the season and see what he's got? There's literally NOTHING to lose if the season gets to that point. Hopefully it won't happen, but sitting here right now there's really no reason to think that there is any hope of salvaging the year, so for the price of nothing we would get to see whether McElroy can play in the league or not.
    if the jets are sitting at 2 & 10, everyone on this board will be calling for the jets to draft a qb in 1st round and rightfully so. why not see if we have anything in McElroy. even if he can be a decent b/u, we can then get rid of both sanchise and tebow for whatever we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Can one of you noodle-arm experts put up some video of McElroy's crappy passes. I know the physics of air is different in college games but what I see on youtube looks good to me.

More important, I thought he looked great live in last year's preseason. Especially getting the crap kicked out of him and always getting back up and never complaining. I know you said he's worth a shot and I agree. I'm just tired of this hearsay noodle arm stuff without some backup.
    Thank you.

I have been a Sanchez supporter however I'm really starting to feel he can't get it done. Forget Tebow, I love him but he will never be a legitimate NFL QB.

Give McElroy a shot and see if he can play in the NFL, that's all we're asking. You don't know what you have until someone gives him a shot. Stop thinking about all the backups that never panned out - what about the top picks that didn't work out? The odds are against it I know - but every so often a Jeremy Lin shows up and proves all the "experts" wrong.

Can one of you noodle-arm experts put up some video of McElroy's crappy passes. I know the physics of air is different in college games but what I see on youtube looks good to me.

More important, I thought he looked great live in last year's preseason. Especially getting the crap kicked out of him and always getting back up and never complaining. I know you said he's worth a shot and I agree. I'm just tired of this hearsay noodle arm stuff without some backup.
    I don't know how I'm supposed to obtain video of incomplete passes from a couple of preseason games, but there were definitely some throws where he had to wind up just to get the ball where he wanted it...and it still came up short. I don't see why anyone would have the Texans game from last year saved, but that's the game that stands out in my mind.

Like you said - we're both on the same page as far as giving him a shot. Maybe his mechanics have improved enough over the past year and change that it's less of an issue now. But I can assure you that most of the other people questioning his arm strength are basing it on throws we've seen, not just some media speculation or draft write-ups.

All League
    Meh, maybe letting McElroy start a game will light a competitive fire under Sanchez. What do you have to lose...besides the game?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I don't know how I'm supposed to obtain video of incomplete passes from a couple of preseason games, but there were definitely some throws where he had to wind up just to get the ball where he wanted it...and it still came up short. I don't see why anyone would have the Texans game from last year saved, but that's the game that stands out in my mind.

Like you said - we're both on the same page as far as giving him a shot. Maybe his mechanics have improved enough over the past year and change that it's less of an issue now. But I can assure you that most of the other people questioning his arm strength are basing it on throws we've seen, not just some media speculation or draft write-ups.
    I don't think that is true. I think most are riding the silly reports and I know when he got in during preseason last year he was absolutely running for his life back there...he did OK..that is why he made the team and the JETS hid him on the IR. He is a Chad type guy in that he showed good pocket presence and could read a "D". Don't get me wrong, he may well stink...But it is starting to look pretty bad out there for the last several games...Buffalo was nice but that didn't last long..

Jets Insider VIP
    I get what your saying but how many national championships did those guys win? Alabama is basically a farm team for the nfl with a former nfl coach running an advanced program. Those guys were scrubs from nowhere schools mostly.
    agreed. He played in the tough SEC and won a national Championship. Why not see what he has to offer if the Sanchez garbage time continues? What do we lose by looking at him with our ONES? The claim that his arm is not strong enough is bogus. They said the exact same thing about Brady and Montana. However, the guy did work on his arm strength in the off season.

umm m o those other qbs have something they Mclroy does not have

more arm strength

Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post

more arm strength
    Any chance you can give us some evidence???

Undrafted Free Agent
    Def not a "noodle arm"

Here ya go!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8

jf

All League
    If we see two more losses in the near future i definitly want gmac starting.

I just get the feeling that noodle arms don't play qb at Alabama

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rammagen View Post

more arm strength
    Jamarcus Russell has a lot of arm strength, sign that beast!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    So he's a less talented, less well regarded, less physically gifted Chad Pennington?

We really should keep a running thread to count all the Jaggy-JAG #3 QB's that Jets Fans have proclaimed "could be a real star, if only they get their chance". The list could blot out the sun.....
    All that's missing is the magical "Our Tony Romo" proclamation.

You can't make this sh1t up.

All Pro
    How many Bama QBs are playing in the NFL?

Obviously QB is different than RB or DT. And its not like the Tide was known for their aerial attack.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    I just don't get it? Why is he here if nobody wants to give him a shot? Tim Tebow is not an NFL QB, we all have seen it/know it and the coaches know it. He is a novelty item. He was forced on them by an owner who knows sh*t about football. If Sanchez continues to stink then see what the heck you have in a guy who you have been paying for 2 years....if he is a bum then ...he 's a bum..
    Tebow, as much as I don't like him, took a 1-4 team and turned them around leading them to a 7-4 finish. Took them to the playoffs agains the Steelers and beat them.

Our newest savior cant get to the 1st backup spot. There is nothing that says he's even as good as Tebow in his resume.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Jamarcus Russell has a lot of arm strength, sign that beast!
    Saying a QB doesn't have the arm strength to succeed in the NFL isn't the same as saying anyone with arm strength can.

How about the guy that won the Super Bowl in 1969

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    meh..I am tired of looking to the guy holding the clipboard as being the answer.

Foley, Lucas, Clemens, Bollinger...the list goes on and on
    Foley had it.. He got his arm ripped off.

People keep saying he has a weak arm.
    Just watch the first minute of the highlights. The first pass travels 65 yards in the air.

Then watch the rest. He makes all the throws. I thought he has looked very good in preseason in his ability to find the open receiver. He seems to scan the field very well. Do I really know? No. But I know Tebow can't throw accurately.

What is there to lose if we are really struggling-which we are now with Sanchez and have been for years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8