Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FFToday on Greg McElroy

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Matt Ryan couldn't make the throws either and had a weak arm according to all the "experts". Same with Brady. Maybe he is a bum..lets see . I think it is becoming obvious the other two ain't the "answer".

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Tebow, as much as I don't like him, took a 1-4 team and turned them around leading them to a 7-4 finish. Took them to the playoffs agains the Steelers and beat them.

Our newest savior cant get to the 1st backup spot. There is nothing that says he's even as good as Tebow in his resume.
    Why did they cut/trade him then? You have watched him play..do you think he is legit? Great guy, honorable guy...great athlete, lousy QB. Denver Defense and running game wasn't too shabby either.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    People keep saying he has a weak arm.
    Just watch the first minute of the highlights. The first pass travels 65 yards in the air.

Then watch the rest. He makes all the throws. I thought he has looked very good in preseason in his ability to find the open receiver. He seems to scan the field very well. Do I really know? No. But I know Tebow can't throw accurately.

What is there to lose if we are really struggling-which we are now with Sanchez and have been for years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQPVv4pafN8
    how did sanchez's highlight film look?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    Why did they cut/trade him then? You have watched him play..do you think he is legit? Great guy, honorable guy...great athlete, lousy QB. Denver Defense and running game wasn't too shabby either.
    Amen. All this "Tebow won all those games.."blah blah blah bullsh*t

Denver D, running game and the occasional helter-skelter broken play-which Tebow excels at, I admit, but is not really something to base your offense on. Woody Johnson is an absolute dope for falling for the hype. Elway couldn't wait to get rid of him and now we are in the bind.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I don't know how I'm supposed to obtain video of incomplete passes from a couple of preseason games, but there were definitely some throws where he had to wind up just to get the ball where he wanted it...and it still came up short. I don't see why anyone would have the Texans game from last year saved, but that's the game that stands out in my mind.

Like you said - we're both on the same page as far as giving him a shot. Maybe his mechanics have improved enough over the past year and change that it's less of an issue now. But I can assure you that most of the other people questioning his arm strength are basing it on throws we've seen, not just some media speculation or draft write-ups.
    That's fair BUT there is tons of evidence of him throwing great throws in college, not under pressure of his first NFL appearances and getting crushed by the opposing D. That is certainly not enough evidence for the number of people here who dismiss him out of hand as worthless because of a couple of throws they saw.

And I respect your willingness to rethink your position... it's just the half dozen illiterates in this this thread who scratch out half an incoherent sentence who would never do anything to back up their position that tick me off.