Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anybody ever consider that Maybe the Jets should have premoted Mangini to GM

Quote Originally Posted by nyjets1969 View Post
    so you are admitting that your one of the Jets higher ups disguised as a fan Im not kidding I know some are. if you are do me a favor fix this f####en mess because after 40 F#####en years my patience is wearing thin thank you
    Where did I say anywhere I was. It's all been reported and said before.

And that's the problem. I get the frustration of 40+ yrs. there myself. But this regime isn't responsible for the other 30+ yrs of jets futility.

2009 Holgren wasnt hired until 10 after mangini first season with the Browns. Mangini gave us Mark Sanchez that was before Holgren
    But joe Haden was 2010 draft I said that.

Well he can call me an idiot too because Im really believe Mangini had more say then people give him credit for. You look at drafts under Mangini and they were brillant David Harris in the 2nd was a steal. If you take Gholston out he had some quality drafts and free agent aquisitions Jenkins How about the Thomas Jones trade. Damian woody. Really do some research and see the current state and it resembles nothing like Tanabuam under Mangini. so what happen why so different now compared to under Mangini. even look at Rexs first year horrible 3 draft picks none are really any good Sanchez , Greene, and Slauson.
    But Mangini didn't pick Haris. It was reported after the 1st round Bryan Cox a coach at the time ran into Tanny and said good choice on Revis. But don't forget about David Harris now. Tanny agreed. Jets worked the phones and traded up for Harris.

The Thomas Jones trade was Tanny. He and Jerry Angelo the Bears GM at the time were friends. Angelo interviewed for the Jets GM job that eventually went to Bradway. Tanny and Angelo made that trade. Not Mangini.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Where did I say anywhere I was. It's all been reported and said before.

And that's the problem. I get the frustration of 40+ yrs. there myself. But this regime isn't responsible for the other 30+ yrs of jets futility.
    You seem like you have all this knowledge on how the Jets front office works the only way you could know how everything works is if your inside. I just find it ironic that when Mangini was coach the drafts were well run VS under Rex not one player of any kind can be considered a good pick. even the Free agency is a disaster. you dont find that a little wierd. I could see 1 bad draft maybe even 2 under Rex but 4 sinceMangini was fired seems a little strange.

You seem like you have all this knowledge on how the Jets front office works the only way you could know how everything works is if your inside. I just find it ironic that when Mangini was coach the drafts were well run VS under Rex not one player of any kind can be considered a good pick. even the Free agency is a disaster. you dont find that a little wierd. I could see 1 bad draft maybe even 2 under Rex but 4 sinceMangini was fired seems a little strange.
    Not on the inside. Just follow and read what's reported.

The jets don't have the cap room now like when Mangini was here to go out and get the top tier FAs.

Again. What I have been saying for a couple of weeks. I don't think Rex and his staff develop players well. Mangini and his staff very well could have been better at developing players. In fact I wouldn't doubt it. Mangini was sticker, more serious than Rex. I think we all can agree on that.

Some info:
    Top secret: Inside the Jets' war room

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-good-thoughts

New York Jets almost missed out on Shonn Greene because of GM Mike Tannenbaum

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...adway-scouting

Jets Mix Serendipity With Study in Draft

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/18/sp...gewanted=print

After Mangini left the Jets drafts are terrible this seems like more than a concidence that Maybe Mangini was running the whole draft and free agency and Bean counter was taking credit for doing nothing. Im really starting to wonder how much control Mangini had. Maybe Im wrong but is anybody thinking the same thing. Gholston was the only really bad draft pick to date.
    Jets should have demoted Mangina to a job he was more suited for like ball boy.