Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you expect tonight?

Hall Of Fame
    Jeez. Obama should have blew the moderator off there.

Romney has simply been better. He was sharper and better prepared. bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What I expect:

Alot of Spin Tomorrow.

Left from the Mainstream Media

Right from Talk Radio/FOX

Same as every other day.
    Can't spin all things all the time.

Romney is the superior candidate, more people know it today than yesterday.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Romney has simply been better. He was sharper and better prepared. bottom line.
    Obama is a great speaker. He is not a great debater. In 2008 he had a ton of ammunition and it was easy for him. He was going to take his medicine today no matter what. The economy is his biggest blemish. But he did look unprepared for Mitt's attacks which he had to know where coming. Maybe he has gotten a little complacent.

Romney has clearly exceeded expectations. Nice to see him punch back. He was very composed.

I have to admit it is a little more one-sided that I thought. There is a clear winner and that is Romney. Did not expect it to be obvious.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Obama is a great speaker. He is not a great debater. In 2008 he had a ton of ammunition and it was easy for him. He was going to take his medicine today no matter what. The economy is his biggest blemish. But he did look unprepared for Mitt's attacks which he had to know where coming. Maybe he has gotten a little complacent.

Romney has clearly exceeded expectations. Nice to see him punch back. He was very composed.

I have to admit it is a little more one-sided that I thought. There is a clear winner and that is Romney. Did not expect it to be obvious.
    True, poor debater, but it won't matter.

Hall Of Fame
    LOL. MSNBC is must watch right now. Look at their faces.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. MSNBC is must watch right now. Look at their faces.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I refuse... I actually turned on ABC to see Stephanopolous (good God, sp?) try to spin this for Obama...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    I refuse... I actually turned on ABC to see Stephanopolous (good God, sp?) try to spin this for Obama...
    Even MSNBC is killing Obama. Which is shocking.

Al Sharpton looks like someone kicked his dog.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I think Romney looks much more composed and confident.
    I agree, expect a small bump tomorrow. Ultimately, it won't make a difference.

David Gergen from CNN is one of the few people, on any of the networks, that I trust and he said Obama lost and looked mad during most of the debate. He also thought that Obama was taken aback by how Romney took it to him.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    David Gergen from CNN is one of the few people, on any of the networks, that I trust and he said Obama lost and looked mad. He also thought that Obama was taken aback by how Romney took it to him.
    Gergen is the man.

Is there any bigger waste of time then watching the surrogates for the candidates give their opinion?

Hall Of Fame
    Is there any bigger waste of time then watching the surrogates for the candidates give their opinion?
    Stephanie Cutter is delusional.

Romney didn't just win this debate, he obliterated Obama in every aspect.
    Last edited by nyctomjetsfan; 10-03-2012 at 11:50 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Wow. Obama was +4 minutes? Could have fooled me. I remember only a few points from him.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    So ... what was old George's take?

I watched debate on nbc.com, then got full dose of David Gregory, Greg (?) Williams (the guy who goes on 30 Rock) ... they conceded it was Romney's night and that it could change the flavor of the dialogue the next couple of days. If they tried to equivocate the performances, they didn't try hard.

Then I went to the harshest left-leaning discussion board I know of (somethingawful) and they said the same and quite a bit more. The dour ones called it a disaster.

When SA concedes it - then it was Romney's night.
    Last edited by sackdance; 10-04-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    So ... what was old George's take?

I watched debate on nbc.com, then got full dose of David Gregory, Greg (?) Williams (the guy who goes on 30 Rock) ... they conceded it was Romney's night and that it could change the flavor of the dialogue the next couple of days. If they tried to equivocate the performances, they didn't try hard.
    Sort of similar, although he basically steered clear from giving his opinion for the most part... Which is strange, given how important he thinks his opinion is...

Pretty much the entire political arena is giving Romney a 'W'... If they carry it into tomorrow, it'll give the campaign a huge boost but most network bosses/editors/etc simply won't allow that to happen...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Obama has always had the advantage of being seemingly more intelligent then his opponents, however those days are over. Romney is an obviously very sharp guy, he did not miss a beat all night, there should be no confusion as to why he has been successful at every turn in his life and careers.

Hopefully those on the fence were as impressed as I was tonight and the country is on its way to changing administrations.

Hall Of Fame
    I hope Ryan continues the momentum. I am sure the Obama campaign is nervous about Biden unraveling. He will be on a tight leash for sure.

Obama didnt get "obliterated" as some would like to think.

Romney had a good night, as challengers traditionally do vs the incumbant.

Was it a big night for Romney? Yes.

The only good thing is that it was a civil and polite debate. The bad? they all threw fantasy numbers around which means nothing and relatively speaking, who knows what these numbers really mean and who knows the truth of any of the claims.

The SHame>???? They are in cahoots. Where are the other candidates. ........