Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you expect tonight?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I hope Ryan continues the momentum. I am sure the Obama campaign is nervous about Biden unraveling. He will be on a tight leash for sure.
    Its interesting political theater but generally speaking, people vote the top of the ticket. Obama will need to win the second debate to reverse the negative tide that is about to fall on him.

But Obama's issue tonight is a microcosm of his presidency; he does not fight for the ideals that he espouses. Passion can be seductive because it can draw people to their cause/beliefs.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 10-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Obama didnt get "obliterated" as some would like to think.
    Chris Mathews is a homer's homer. If he says Obama got obliterated, then Obama got obliterated.

Obama is learning that Romney is not McCain. This was no accident because Romney is the honey badger.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Obama was +4 minutes? Could have fooled me. I remember only a few points from him.
    It's because he speaks in fragments and is so inefficient in delivering information in a given amount of time. So in effect you get a lot of wasted dead air.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obama just has a tough time when he's unscripted and sans teleprompter.

Romney looked prepared and aggressive.

I think Obama will step up during the next debate. His team will clearly prep him differently and watch the "game tape" from tonight. But make no mistake, Obama is no longer the hunter or challenger. He's the incumbent and has a 4 year record to defend. This is very different than last time.

Obama also mentioned Bush just 5 minutes into the debate. It's just amazing. Bush was President 4 years ago and Obama has never run against him (McCain and now Romney) yet Obama references Bush any chance he gets.

The best thing about debates is that they're unfiltered. CNN, Fox, MSNBC can't carve up sound bites or spin sentences. For two hours we hear directly from the candidates and hopefully the American people get a truer unbiased picture of the candidates.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poll of registered voters (via CNN)...

Who won the debate?

Romney 67%
    Obama 25%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @billmaher - Obama made a lot of great points tonight. Unfortunately, most of them were for Romney

@billmaher - i must say, of all the Romneys i've seen, this Debate Romney is my favorite

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post

The SHame>???? They are in cahoots. Where are the other candidates. ........

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Romney clearly won.

It's frustrating to watch someone with whom you agree with unable to argue the positions you both share well enough, while his opponent is convincing, concise and confident.

I thought Romney had no chance in this election, I'd say that changed tonight.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Romney clearly won.

It's frustrating to watch someone with whom you agree with unable to argue the positions you both share well enough, while his opponent is convincing, concise and confident.

I thought Romney had no chance in this election, I'd say that changed tonight.
    Its frustrating to watch his surrogates make the arguments that he was supposed to make and do it with more passion.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Obama just has a tougher time playing defense than offense, as most people would.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    First debate is generally strong for the challenger.

The economy is Obama's weak spot.
    I don't expect much difference for the next one--- foriegn policy.

All Pro
    Annoying Chowd

Post Thanks / Like
    Romney didn't just open up a can of whoop ass... Romney opened up a 55 gallon drum of whoop ass.

He made the bumbling incompetent fool in the White House look like a bumbling incompetent fool in the White House. He sent Obumbles home whimpering with his head down and his tail between his legs...

It was like Tyson vs Richard Simmons.....
    Last edited by DeanPatsFan; 10-04-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened in the debate is what should have been happening for the past 6 months in the campaign. Where has this Romney been? The answer is he has been trying to win over his base and is now beginning to focus on Obama.

I hope it is not too little too late. Obama has a comfortable lead in Ohio. Will be interesting to see the new polls when they come out. I think the Obama campaign is in a "prevent defense" at this point and it shows.

Obama has never been challenged like this before. He has been coddled by the media. He has gotten soft and complacent. He takes votes for granted.

Hopefully Mitt continues to practice his debating and does not take his foot off the gas. Foreign policy is another soft spot for Obama. Mitt needs to hammer him on Israel and Libya and China and Iran. The only card Obama has is OBL. And when Obama plays it Mitt needs to remind him of how instrumental the EITs in Gitmo were and how they led us to OBL. Gitmo and place Obama vowed to shut down and basically apologized for.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    But Obama's issue tonight is a microcosm of his presidency; he does not fight for the ideals that he espouses.
    Perhaps, because like alot of liberals, he does not actually believe in the ideals he espouses; He chooses a position like a woman chooses a pair of shoes..because he likes the way it looks on him.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Its interesting political theater but generally speaking, people vote the top of the ticket. Obama will need to win the second debate to reverse the negative tide that is about to fall on him.

But Obama's issue tonight is a microcosm of his presidency; he does not fight for the ideals that he espouses. Passion can be seductive because it can draw people to their cause/beliefs.
    I agree about the VPs having little effect on the ticket. However, I think Ryan needs to prevent Biden from gaining any momentum for Obama leading into the second debate. I expect Obama to improve his performance in the second debate but he has his work cut out for him.

But I am not sure what kind of dent this would put in the polls. Obama has a comfortable lead in Ohio. He knows that is basically all he needs. And quite frankly it showed in his debating. He debated like a man who thinks he doesn't have to fight. IMO, he takes votes for granted.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    what time is the debate on?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Perhaps, because like alot of liberals, he does not actually believe in the ideals he espouses; He chooses a position like a woman chooses a pair of shoes..because he likes the way it looks on him.

-
    riiiiight, liberals don't really believe their beliefs, where as cons really do believe their beliefs.

Everybody knows that.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where has this Romney been?
    That's a good question. I've been one of his biggest critics and I was pretty impressed, but I also had low expectations for him. Still I don't agree with
    his policies and won't vote for him. He did avoid looking like his usual dim, dufus self though and that's what has been killing him - except for the tax dodging which will still likely do him in.

Kerry had a big debate win, and Mondale earned the name Louisville Slugger for a big win in a Louisville debate. We'll see. Economy was obviously the weak area for Obama. No reason to thing Mitt will do well in Foreign policy after his last goodwill trip.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Foreign policy is another soft spot for Obama.
    There's an understatement.

Is there any policy that isn't a "soft spot" for Barry?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    riiiiight, liberals don't really believe their beliefs, where as cons really do believe their beliefs.

Everybody knows that.

-