Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 100

Thread: What do you expect tonight?

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Perhaps, because like alot of liberals, he does not actually believe in the ideals he espouses; He chooses a position like a woman chooses a pair of shoes..because he likes the way it looks on him.

    -
    Sarcasm or ignorance?

    I can't tell.

  2. #62
    Remove the Jon Stewart filter and voila!

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    He did avoid looking like his usual dim, dufus self though
    Obama cannot take a punch. Romney has taken nothing but punches, most of them cheap shots - and he is easily candidate enough to undo the effects of said cheap shots.

    Just see your words: "No reason to thing Mitt will do well in Foreign policy after his last goodwill trip."

    Romney did fine in his overseas trip, the media just gave him the standard issue GOP ambush, is all, to help paint false impressions in feeble minds.

    Give him the unfiltered lens and he will whack Obama again.

    But first we get to see Ryan vs. Biden.

    Good luck!

  3. #63
    Predictable am radio spin (right and left) is quite the predictable.

    It's almost, but not quite, funny.

    Right: Biggest Debate Win in History

    Left: Debates are meaningless, 95% of voters won't change or make their minds up because of a debate.

    Best Line I heard: "Obama lived up to his ideals, and successfully redistributed support from himself to Romney"

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Predictable am radio spin (right and left) is quite the predictable.

    It's almost, but not quite, funny.
    It was clear cut last night, regardless of who's policy you agree with. Romney looked far quicker on his feet, more confident and simply explained his positions better.

    It really wasn't even close - and I don't understand how someone could argue otherwise.

  5. #65
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,150
    Maybe Obama's apparent disinterest last night was due to an anticipated layup from Michele on their anniversary?

  6. #66
    This just in...

    Romney beats Obumbles over head with missing teleprompter....

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post


    Obama cannot take a punch. Romney has taken nothing but punches, most of them cheap shots - and he is easily candidate enough to undo the effects of said cheap shots.
    Obumbles has been coddled... living inside a protective bubble created by an adoring press...

    Up on the debate stage, he's all alone. No press to protect him, no teleprompter with words written by someone else to protect him.

    If the criminal liberal media had done their job the past four years and held his feet to the fire, last night's debate might have turned out a bit better for him. He would still have lost but he wouldn't have looked like Bambi thrown to the wolves....

    Look for the next liberal moderator to protect him....



    Now I can't wait to see Ryan eviscerate plagiarist Joe.. that's going to be comedy at it's finest...

  8. #68
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,408
    The looks on Obuttocks face were priceless.

    Prolly thinking "Jintao and Chavez don't have to put up with this ****. How dare this mother****er speak to me like this!"



  9. #69
    Romney won the debate hands down.
    I dont know why Obama didnt answer Romney's BS better. As Romney was talking jibberish I was thinking to myself how Obama would respond and then Obama would just respond to meaningless talking points with his own meaningless talking points.

    These two guys suck. We deserve a whole lot better.

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    That's a good question. I've been one of his biggest critics and I was pretty impressed, but I also had low expectations for him. Still I don't agree with
    his policies and won't vote for him. He did avoid looking like his usual dim, dufus self though and that's what has been killing him - except for the tax dodging which will still likely do him in.

    Kerry had a big debate win, and Mondale earned the name Louisville Slugger for a big win in a Louisville debate. We'll see. Economy was obviously the weak area for Obama. No reason to thing Mitt will do well in Foreign policy after his last goodwill trip.
    Silly liberals, first he paid more in taxes than he should have to make it look good for those watching. Now he's a tax dodger.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Perhaps, because like alot of liberals, he does not actually believe in the ideals he espouses; He chooses a position like a woman chooses a pair of shoes..because he likes the way it looks on him.

    -
    What garbage. Both sides have people espousing positions that they do not believe. Do you really think that republicans enjoy having to defend the disgrace of a presidency from 2000-2008?

    There is merit to both liberal and conservative ideologies and millions that truly support those principles.

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    What garbage. Both sides have people espousing positions that they do not believe. Do you really think that republicans enjoy having to defend the disgrace of a presidency from 2000-2008?
    32Green has been testy all week. He had to watch the debate at PC Richard Superstore's wall of HDTV's display because his tv exploded thanks to not spending $12.99 for a surge protector.

  13. #73
    it might not mean much,

    but that was a good old fashion ass kicking last night.
    sort of looked like SF vs the jets, with Obama pouting like Sanchez.

  14. #74

    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journal...miliates-media

    Mitt Humiliates The Media and Now They Will Seek Revenge


    by John Nolte 4 Oct 2012, 6:32 AM PDT 58 post a comment

    "Who is this guy?" tens of millions of American voters asked themselves last night. "This isn't the Mitt Romney the media's presented to me over the last six months?"

    Free of the corrupt media's corrupt filter; free of the spin, the lying fact-checkers, the gotchas, and the desperate effort to cover up any and all bad news that might hurt Obama -- by every standard, every measure, every opinion and every opinion poll, what we witnessed last night at the first presidential debate of 2012 was a commanding, dominating blow-out performance by Governor Mitt Romney.

    Last night the GOP contender showed up to kick butt and chew bubblegum, but unfortunately for Barack Obama, Romney was all out of bubblegum. The real loser, though, was a corrupt mainstream media that had just spent months desperately crafting a Mitt Romney that doesn't exist -- a Mitt Romney voters would not find acceptable as president.

    We've all seen what's happened month after month after month after month: Obama's Media Palace Guards have assured us that Romney can do nothing right and Obama can do nothing wrong. This carefully crafted media game-plan (coordinated openly with the Obama campaign) was meant to strip Romney of the single quality voters demand in a president, and that's competence. If you're not competent you’re not an acceptable alternative, which means we're going to vote for "the devil we know."

    But last night all of this blew up in the media's face, and this morning the American people trust the media even less than they did the night before -- and for one very simple reason: they were lied to … again. Where was the bumbling, elitist, out of touch, awkward, wife-killing, gay-hating, corporate vulture who tortures dogs and stumbles through Europe like Chevy Chase in a "Vacation" sequel?

    Well, he didn’t show up last night because that's not who Mitt Romney is. That Mitt Romney is a media creation manufactured out of lies and desperation by those who spend 24 hours a day crafting trip wires, fabricating gaffes, and standing before the elephant of Barack Obama's failures and asking, "What elephant?"

    For all of moderator Jim Lehrer's flaws last night, the 78 year-old semi-retired PBS newsman did the only thing we conservatives ask of the media: he mostly stayed out of the way and offered up a fairly level playing field. There were no gotcha questions and no, What about your gaaaaaffes? To his great credit (though he did try to rescue the president more than once), Lehrer kept the debate in an arena no liberal can win in --and that's on the issues.

    Unlike his cretin colleagues, Lehrer was actually interested in the issues that matter. So he asked about taxes, job creation, education, the deficit, and an overall governing philosophy. In other words, he didn't stack the deck to distract away from what a horrible philosophy big government liberalism really is. With a rare opportunity like this, if you’re smart, prepared and all out of bubblegum, a conservative can win any debate. Obviously, Mitt Romney not only won last night, he delivered the kind of satisfying drubbing to Barack Obama we conservatives have been waiting four years to savor.

    Yes, someone finally was given and took full advantage of the opportunity to point to that little emperor and say to the world, "Look, he's naked!"

    And now the lying, biased, corrupt, degenerate mainstream media has a problem on its hands. Because now the whole world knows that they were not only pointing to clothes that didn’t exist but also attempting to destroy anyone who dared cry "Naked!"

    In ninety short but delicious and unforgettable minutes, Mitt Romney not only exposed President FailureTeleprompter as the churlish, entitled failure he truly is -- he also destroyed the caricature our thoroughly corrupted media institutions had built around him.

    Romney's commanding victory was Reaganesque, and so is the result. In 1980, the media did everything in its power to scare voters away from Ronald Reagan by portraying him as a scary warmonger. But during his first and only debate with then-President Jimmy Carter, Reagan proved the media a liar.

    This is exactly what Romney did last night, but unfortunately, he has two more debates ahead of him. This means that the media has two more kicks at the cat to rescue Obama, and Romney had better be prepared because the push is already on to ensure he is asked, What about your gaaaafffes?

    Even though Obama enjoyed four more minutes to speak than Romney, immediately after last night's debate, the left marched in unison to blame the moderator for not controlling things enough. And this makes perfect sense. Leftists know they can't win on a level playing field. But if the referee takes control, victory can be had!

    This means that for the two upcoming debates, Romney had better be prepared for questions about his dog, Bain, gaffes, wealth, taxes, high school bullying, perfect hair, the mole that wasn't there before, and his disastrously racist victory over Obama in the last debate.



    Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

    So true........

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Even MSNBC is killing Obama. Which is shocking.

    Al Sharpton looks like someone kicked his dog.
    Al not so (Sharp)ton is a dog!

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    So true........
    LOL, Romney should not worry too much; much like a warm blanket, Rupert Murdoch will use the largest media empire in the world to keep him safe from harm.

    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 10-04-2012 at 12:17 PM.

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    LOL, Romney should not worry too much; much like a warm blanket, Rupert Murdoch will use the largest media empire in the world to keep him safe from harm.
    http://youtu.be/mtkw8stAlrM

    SERIOUSLY IT WAS THE ALTITUDE....NO, REALLY... IT WAS THE ALTITUDE!!!!

    Ok, that and Jim Lehrer.....


    LMFAO......

  18. #78
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,974
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Sarcasm or ignorance?

    I can't tell.


    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    What garbage.

    Such anger.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    32Green has been testy all week. He had to watch the debate at PC Richard Superstore's wall of HDTV's display because his tv exploded thanks to not spending $12.99 for a surge protector.
    You like to hear yourself say these things about my TV, but you dont actually believe them.

    -

  19. #79
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,996
    Some pretty funny and accurate observations.

    "Obama looked like a tourist reading a map last night."

    "I hope a Kicked Ass is covered under Obamacare." lolz

  20. #80
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,996
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Perhaps, because like alot of liberals, he does not actually believe in the ideals he espouses; He chooses a position like a woman chooses a pair of shoes..because he likes the way it looks on him.

    -
    I disagree. My biggest concern is that Obama actually DOES believe many of the things he says.

    He has spent the last 4 years bribing large constituencies of Americans, throwing stimulus money around, telling 90% of people, "vote for me because I'll go get money from the 10% over there and give you free cell phones, healthcare, and forgive your mortgage debt." It should very easy to get elected when you run up a gigantic national debt and give people free sh!t.

    Listen, I don't think Obama is a bad person. He's not "evil" as many conservatives say, but he's completely misguided in his view of how an economic system should work.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us