Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If Sanchez is throwing 45%, why not Tebow?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

If Sanchez is throwing 45%, why not Tebow?

I hear some Jet fans saying Tebow is unable to throw, etc. .blah blah. .. but damn, Sanchez is throwing under 50%. so why not start Tebow. ..at least if the WR's are unable to separate, HE can run with it.

This team is a joke

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post
    I hear some Jet fans saying Tebow is unable to throw, etc. .blah blah. .. but damn, Sanchez is throwing under 50%. so why not start Tebow. ..at least if the WR's are unable to separate, HE can run with it.

This team is a joke
    Under that argument....why not Favre?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Brandon Moore.... Heck, anyone of us could complete more passes...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSackExchange View Post

This team is a joke
    +100

I've been saying this since Sunday. I'm not a Tebow supporter, but if Sanchez is playing like THIS, then yeah I would say put him in

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you people think its a coincidence we're facing an elite defense almost every week up until week 7? Sanchez has been setup to fail by the NFL and an incompetent FO that thinks Chaz Schilens and Jeff Cumberland are the answer.

NFL wants Teabag to be our starting qb. Follow the $$

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez 45% > Tebow 4.5%

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sanchez's tenure as Jet starting QB is on the table for Monday night's game. Another game like the 49er game and Sanchez will be watching Tebow against Indy. Rex and Tanny's jobs are on the chopping block in 2013.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Do you people think its a coincidence we're facing an elite defense almost every week up until week 7? Sanchez has been setup to fail by the NFL and an incompetent FO that thinks Chaz Schilens and Jeff Cumberland are the answer.

And aging defense in the Steelers that let up 31 points to the Broncos and Raiders, and the Dolphins are elite? I get San Fran but really? If Sanchez doesn't have any weapons he can't make them any better. At least Tebow can extend plays.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also worth nothing is that a big reason for Tebow's low completion % is that he purposely threw a lot of balls away, which is evident by the fact he only threw 6 interceptions last year.

I'm not sure you can say the same about Mark's completion %. After 4 games he has 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, which projects him for 20TD's and 16ints or 1.25 TD/Int ratio. While better than his career average of 1.09, it's just not good enough to be a winner in this league.

NFL average is about 1.5.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow would be an absolute disaster, It would be worse than Sanchez. Instead of a 100 yard day by your QB, it would have been 25.

Woody Johnson should fire himself for forcing Tebow on to the team. This team is owned and run by a bunch of bufoons in upper management.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Also worth nothing is that a big reason for Tebow's low completion % is that he purposely threw a lot of balls away, which is evident by the fact he only threw 6 interceptions last year.

I'm not sure you can say the same about Mark's completion %. After 4 games he has 5 touchdowns and 4 interceptions, which projects him for 20TD's and 16ints or 1.25 TD/Int ratio. While better than his career average of 1.09, it's just not good enough to be a winner in this league.

NFL average is about 1.5.
    Can't understand you with Tebow's sack in your mouth...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    And aging defense in the Steelers that let up 31 points to the Broncos and Raiders, and the Dolphins are elite? I get San Fran but really? If Sanchez doesn't have any weapons he can't make them any better. At least Tebow can extend plays.
    Texans and 49ers are the two best defenses in the entire NFL and we face them back to back. Steelers are still one of the better defenses in the NFL which we had to face in Pittsburgh where the Jets never win. Dolphins have one of the best run defenses in the league their secondary just sucks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    probably will need 5 losses to get Tebow.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because 45% is unaccaptable. Tebow can't do better than 45%. If you're looking to replace Sanchez with a QB, start McElroy. But the Jets don't want that, they want chaos, excitement, and $$$$ in Woody's pockets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will be down 17-0 at the half and tebow will come out and start the 3rd quarter.

I told you all when october rolls around, tebow will be put in. Well october is here boys.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Sanchez 45% > Tebow 4.5%
    ^emphatic idiot

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    because teblow throws 40%

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course Tebow is not ready to be a NFL passer, but I would give him a chance to develop. Sanchez just blew his chance.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm far from a Tebow fan. But at this point Sanchez is throwing so poorly that he and Tebow are comparable passers. Passing being equal I'd rather have Tebow in there because he can run.

What do we really have to lose at this point?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post

Cmon man ! Why come up with excuses? Miami Elite? Indy Elite? San Frans D hadn't done much until they faced the jets. So it's a conspiracy?
    It's a poorly coached team period! Rex has not got this team prepared and they are playing just like they did to end the year last year. Doesn't matter who is playing hate to tell ya. They have no motivation to play at a level nearly high enough to win. Only reason why they won week 1 was because they were up so big or they would have blown that one too. The team still has talent but it is poorly coached. I'm tired of hearing Rex say how good his players are when they can't execute simple plays.