Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If Sanchez is throwing 45%, why not Tebow?

All League
    The way this season has taken a turn, guarantee you we're eventually going to see him. He may not have the best stats in the world, but the guy has proven he can be a true leader and motivator. And maybe that's exactly what we need right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Do you people think its a coincidence we're facing an elite defense almost every week up until week 7? Sanchez has been setup to fail by the NFL and an incompetent FO that thinks Chaz Schilens and Jeff Cumberland are the answer.

NFL wants Teabag to be our starting qb. Follow the $$

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    Tebow would be an absolute disaster, It would be worse than Sanchez. Instead of a 100 yard day by your QB, it would have been 25.

Woody Johnson should fire himself for forcing Tebow on to the team. This team is owned and run by a bunch of bufoons in upper management.
    I am a Jets fan and I have a question. Did Tebow rally a team to the playoffs last year? Did he beat a tough Pittsburgh team in the playoffs. And aside from being ONLY a Sanchez fan, your point is? I thought a team winning was more important then anything else. Apparently I am wrong and you are right! Only SAnchez can ever play and win in NY!

All Pro
    I think Tim Tebow will make a great FB

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I think Tim Tebow will make a great FB
    But we will never know what he is capapble if we keep hiding him . The guy has improved his throwing motion but again, the point is that a team has to win games. I do not care if TB is the QB or FB as long as he gets a chance to play somewhere! The manis a winner! How about Woodhead. Many here were opposed to him and I think you were too. Small school; small stature; not strong enough etc! He went to NE and became a player. Why? He got the chance!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 10-04-2012 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I'm far from a Tebow fan. But at this point Sanchez is throwing so poorly that he and Tebow are comparable passers. Passing being equal I'd rather have Tebow in there because he can run.

What do we really have to lose at this point?
    The chance to get a real QB in the next draft. Play Sanchez and let him succeed/fail this year. If he fails we draft a blue chip QB next year. Putting in Tebow to eek out a game or two extra and screw our draft position is the worst of both worlds.

All League
    Cuz Tebow throws less than that

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    I am a Jets fan and I have a question.

Did Tebow rally a team to the playoffs last year? No. He rallied his offense to a 16 point average.

Did he beat a tough Pittsburgh team in the playoffs. No, the DENVER BRONCOS beat a terribly underperforming and unispired PIT team.
    Answers in bold. Look I think we all know Sanchez is in dire straights and not performing well at all. There's really no defending him. But the bottom line is Tebow sucks as a QB. He's awful. If we're moving forward at QB then let's do so with someone capable. Draft someone next season. Tebow is not the future of this team at QB. If he is then we're in big trouble.