Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Today Ive lost faith in Tannenbomb

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I've been following twitter all day, and the fan backlash about the corresponding move due to the Holmes injury has been absurd and down right pathetic from fans.

Did fans think the Jets were going to find a Calvin Johnson on the street? What the hell did you expect them to do?

They did need to find a player that fits, did they not? There is a SHORT list of these players out there, is there not?

They wanted a younger player with speed and some experience. Former 3rd round pick, started and put up some numbers for a bad offense last year, had a good pre-season, has some talent, we know he has confidence with his Revis slaying last year, and probably a little delusion too, but that's ok.

But what the hell did anybody expect during week 5 of the regular season?

Some of you have really warped expectations.
    Somebody has a man crush on this putrid inept moron we call our GM!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1223 View Post
    Does that mean you have a man crush on morons like TO, Chad and Plax?

Who would you have signed today?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The only reason I still give Tanny some reasonable doubt is our resident expert , CMART, has made some outstanding points about him. Which after some review and google research, has been proven accurate.

CMART....don't let any poster on this board tell you that your input is not tops.

We all, especially and even me, use it to be better educated about our NY JETS.

YOU DA MAN.
    Thanks southpark. Not sure what I provided but appreciate the comment.

I just try to make JI the most knowledgeable and accurate Jets site around.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you're not talking football, it's one liner after one liner of BS.

It gets old reading it.

It's amazing, one loss after week 4 and fans are already talking about firing everybody, rebuilding the team, blah blah blah... Look, losing 2 key players sucks, and it doesn't bode well. The odds are against the Jets, nobody is naive to that, not me, not most people, but I'm going to voice my opinion if the board is just going to spend the rest of the season lashing out and crying about every ****ing thing that the Jets do or don't do.

I get it, things look bleak, but if you talk football as you say you do, engage in the threads that are out there, not the miserable SOJF agenda and ***** convention that seems to be going on with the board this week.

My observation, and I'm sticking to it.
    One loss after week 4...? How about the stellar preseason? How about standing by Wayne Hunter, guaranteeing his salary, bringing in Otah and finalyy trading him for Howard? The Jets scored one touchdown in 4 games in the preseason-thanks Greg- and have essentially looked horrible since last season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    I notice you added "promised" into your sig challenge....after your 12 win season prediction was unearthed.

Is this some sort of Little House on the Prairie Michael Landon faith addendum that's been added to sports lingo that I am unaware of?

-
    LOL.... Dayumm!!! That is some fine finger on the pulse devil is in the details modding right there.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Does that mean you have a man crush on morons like TO, Chad and Plax?

Who would you have signed today?
    Actually yes i would have gave plax's agent a call! yes its true he has lost a step but he was and still is a major threat in the red zone!Who do we have to throw it to in corner of the end zone and let them go up and get it?NO ONE!As a matter of fact we can't score a TD with anyone we have to save our lives!So what could it have hurt to give Mark a big target to try a put some points on the board!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    One loss after week 4...? How about the stellar preseason? How about standing by Wayne Hunter, guaranteeing his salary, bringing in Otah and finalyy trading him for Howard? The Jets scored one touchdown in 4 games in the preseason-thanks Greg- and have essentially looked horrible since last season.
    Who gives a crap about the pre-season?

Did they not rectify the Hunter situation? Heck, they had a player on the roster already they were grooming/developing incase Hunter did falter, he's now our start RT, but this regime doesn't develop any player on this team.

And they didn't trade for Howard, they traded for Jason Smith, who has looked quite good since joining the team.

I could give a crap about the pre-season, it's the regular season, and right now we are 2-2, and have lost our 2 better players. I'm excited to see how the team responds, I'm excited to see if this team can rally above the ******* media and everybody else that seems to have an opinion these days and enjoys running the Jets through the mud with every one of their "thoughts" published by the hacks.

It's part of being a fan, the up and down, you don't just give up after 4 friggin weeks.

The Packers lost a ton of players the year they went to the Superbowl a couple of years ago, all early in the season, they rebounded, rallied, and went to the SB, similar ordeal with the Giants last year.

It can be done, I chose to hope it does and get excited each week to see if the team can do it. I'll wait until after the season to assess player performance, coaching, and the front office.

Fans don't even want to be fans anymore, they don't even want to watch and support the team, it's week ****ing 4 and already fans are giving up. It's part of the ride, part of the fan experience. Yeah, sometimes it ****ing blows, I get it, my week has been miserable because of the players lost and the loss on Sunday, but I'm getting ready for Monday night, why the rest of the fan base drowns in their own miserable doom and gloom drivel, and buys into the media rhetoric...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No mancrush, just a sense of reality...

I pretty much knew the team was going to dig for a player that at least fits, and that there wasn't much to choose from.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Chaz Schilens, Patrick Turner and crossing fingers that Cumberland could survive an entire season didn't do it for ya?
    Exactly me point.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    wasnt patrick turner cut?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    it really seems as if the jets are purposely trying to piss the fans off. they did squat in the off season to improve this team. first it was the preseason td scoring debacle then by chance our best player on defense goes down and then on offense.

if i werent so pig headed id be willing to bet woody might be thiking of selling this team to the la investor looking to put a team back in la. and really screw us fans in the end.

there seems to be no sense of urgency with anything.
    This is the second time that Ive seen you post about moving to LA

The first time I assumed you were just kidding so I let it go.

But now? You sound like an absolute idiot, spreading bull**** propaganda.

The jets just signed a 99 year lease to stay in NJ.... They CANT move anywhere.

The agreement, a 50-50 partnership, was announced by Mr. Codey today in a news conference at Giants Stadium, where both teams currently play. It makes the Jets a party to the deal the Giants struck with state officials in April and guarantees that both teams will remain in New Jersey for 99 years.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/29/sp...ewanted=1&_r=2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ListerFiend View Post
    This is the second time that Ive seen you post about moving to LA

The first time I assumed you were just kidding so I let it go.

But now? You sound like an absolute idiot, spreading bull**** propaganda.

The jets just signed a 99 year lease to stay in NJ.... They CANT move anywhere.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/09/29/sp...ewanted=1&_r=2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Passing on Plax the right move: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets' decision to overlook an unemployed Plaxico ... http://t.co/FByTkLKq #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fits our system? of dropping balls and not getting open? Helllooooo 6-10
    maybe 5-11. Theres a difference between being a soj fan and realist. Just not this year

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Passing on Plax the right move: FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets' decision to overlook an unemployed Plaxico ... http://t.co/FByTkLKq #nyj
    Wow thats great!lets hire Cimini as our GM!LOL!The man is a fool and knows less about football then Stephen A Smith in my opinion!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following twitter all day, and the fan backlash about the corresponding move due to the Holmes injury has been absurd and down right pathetic from fans.

Did fans think the Jets were going to find a Calvin Johnson on the street? What the hell did you expect them to do?
    Address it during the off season. They never had a number one to begin with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    if i werent so pig headed id be willing to bet woody might be thiking of selling this team to the la investor looking to put a team back in la. and really screw us fans in the end.
    Yeah, let his team go to sh1t, devalue the price tag and THEN sell. Genius business move by a billionaire.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Address it during the off season. They never had a number one to begin with.
    They did, they drafted Hill, and signed Schilens, and figured with Holmes, they could incur growing pains with a rookie with a lot of talent and a vet with still upside, young enough, and who does have ability as insurance.

With Holmes out, that obviously hinders that plan, but to suggest they didn't address it would be false.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow thats great!lets hire Cimini as our GM!LOL!The man is a fool and knows less about football then Stephen A Smith in my opinion!
    Yet there are 32 NFL Front Offices that have yet to sign Plax.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet there are 32 NFL Front Offices that have yet to sign Plax.
    Maybe because the the other 32 teams don't have as putrid a recieving corps as the Jets. At this point anything is better then what we have!