Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Today Ive lost faith in Tannenbomb

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The jets are relatively barren when it comes to proven offensive players. One question though; realistically, who could they have picked up in free agency that would've made a huge difference?
    Last edited by Tonetime86; 10-04-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    anyone listed previously

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Santonio goes down for the year and we sign another Hill? really? You mean to tell me that there is no better WR on the street right now than Stephen Hill, Kerley, and the new Hill? So Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, and Kellen Winslow arent a viable option? Plax? I mean what is going on here. I know that their best days are behind them but I think they are better than what we have. As we speak we have the worst skill players in the NFL. Our WRs are non-existant. Our #1 guy is actually a #2 and hes done for the year. RB we have no one. TE keller is not a top TE. Hes good, maybe better than average but thats it. QB- How do we know what he is? hes got an average to below average line, no Wrs, lousy RBs and an at best above average TE that been hurt the entire season. Id be hard pressed to believe that a Joe Montana or Dan Marino could win with this garbage....and it all comes back to Tannenbomb. Bad drafts and lousy free agent signings. HE DOES NOT KNOW FOOTBALL TALENT HE KNOW CAP SPACE. I say hes gone next.

This should answer some of your questions: (http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/01...winning-games/)

NFL owner more interested in winning election than winning games

His New York Jets are struggling on the field, but team owner Robert Wood "Woody" Johnson told Bloomberg News today that it's more important to him to see Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan get elected.

Johnson, chairman of Johnson Co. and a great-great-grandson of the founder of Johnson & Johnson, is the New York state chairman of the Romney-Ryan campaign.

His Jets are 2-2 this season, and fans are smarting after Sunday's 34-0 pounding at the hands of the San Francisco 49ers. Nevertheless, Johnson has his priorities. When an interviewer on Bloomberg Television's "Market Makers" asked him whether football or politics was more important, Johnson responded:

"Well, I think you always have to put country first. So I think its very, very important, not only for us but in particular for our kids and grandkids, that this election come off with Mitt Romney and Ryan as president and vice president.

That might be the best news coach Rex Ryan and beleaguered quarterback Mark Sanchez will hear all week.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Jets' message to Plaxico: "We prefer to go with a younger guy." Translation: "Been there, done that. Best of luck elsewhere."

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Theres not one team in the NFL that needs WRs like we do. So I guess we leading the pack in something

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio goes down for the year and we sign another Hill? really? You mean to tell me that there is no better WR on the street right now than Stephen Hill, Kerley, and the new Hill? So Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, and Kellen Winslow arent a viable option? Plax? I mean what is going on here. I know that their best days are behind them but I think they are better than what we have. As we speak we have the worst skill players in the NFL. Our WRs are non-existant. Our #1 guy is actually a #2 and hes done for the year. RB we have no one. TE keller is not a top TE. Hes good, maybe better than average but thats it. QB- How do we know what he is? hes got an average to below average line, no Wrs, lousy RBs and an at best above average TE that been hurt the entire season. Id be hard pressed to believe that a Joe Montana or Dan Marino could win with this garbage....and it all comes back to Tannenbomb. Bad drafts and lousy free agent signings. HE DOES NOT KNOW FOOTBALL TALENT HE KNOW CAP SPACE. I say hes gone next.
    It's the irony of all ironies! Last year before week 2, this nobody Jason Hill starts talking about how Revis isn't that good, blah blah blah. This coming from a guy who's never done anything in the league, and then on top of it, he's INJURED and isn't going to play in the game, and yet he's commenting on Revis. Fast forward a year and 3 weeks later, Revis is done for the year, and the Jets are now going to be throwing passes to a guy named Jason ****ing Hill moving forward.

Oh well, year number 44 is in the books, but maybe year number 45 will be the one?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    and probably a little delusion too, but that's ok.
    This explains a lotttttttttttttt

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for this post!!!

All the sane posters out here understand what you are saying. It is the FF fans and trolls that you have to worry about.

They just think you can pluck a guy out from a team and he will perform the same regardless of the talent around him and that is just not true in any field of endeavour...

But thank you again for this OP!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    But you're not talking football, it's one liner after one liner of BS.

It gets old reading it.

It's amazing, one loss after week 4 and fans are already talking about firing everybody, rebuilding the team, blah blah blah... Look, losing 2 key players sucks, and it doesn't bode well. The odds are against the Jets, nobody is naive to that, not me, not most people, but I'm going to voice my opinion if the board is just going to spend the rest of the season lashing out and crying about every ****ing thing that the Jets do or don't do.

I get it, things look bleak, but if you talk football as you say you do, engage in the threads that are out there, not the miserable SOJF agenda and ***** convention that seems to be going on with the board this week.

My observation, and I'm sticking to it.
    So don't ****ing read his posts! Put him on ignore or grow a pair of balls and deal with opposing opinions. For the record Nike says some things I don't agree with either, but this whole telling other people not to post or write negative things is for vaginas. Are you a vagina?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should have gotten Gaffney before he signed with the Dolphins. He would have provided a steady veteran presence that mark clearly needed. He's not spectacular, but at least he is consistent with his route running, know's how to get open in zones, and is a good teammate.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today, I lost faith in you with your WR's advice. Go eat a peach

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    We should have gotten Gaffney before he signed with the Dolphins. He would have provided a steady veteran presence that mark clearly needed. He's not spectacular, but at least he is consistent with his route running, know's how to get open in zones, and is a good teammate.
    That made waaay to much sense for Tanny. The problem is Tanny is the Dave Kingman of GM's. Every swing has to have the potential of a HR, yet most of the time it's just a whiff.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    That made waaay to much sense for Tanny. The problem is Tanny is the Dave Kingman of GM's. Every swing has to have the potential of a HR, yet most of the time it's just a whiff.
    Who scouts these players? I'm sure Tanny is getting input from Rex before he actually signs players to make sure he fits into what Rex wants to do.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been on this board for something like the last 8-10 years (and rarely post), and over all of those years, I have never seen a poster who is as consistently delusional as RayRay. It almost makes me miss PatsFanTX.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who scouts these players? I'm sure Tanny is getting input from Rex before he actually signs players to make sure he fits into what Rex wants to do.
    Terry Bradway and Joey Clinkscales before he left. Make a little more sense now?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please look at the bios within the below link

As info - Jeff Bauer replaced Clinkscales as VP of College Scouting.

To answer your question - Bradway, Scott Cohen, Brendan Prophet, Aaron Glenn and Wooden duties include the Pro level...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...t_staff-2.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why go with someone you know what they will do when it is so much more exciting to get guys running the wrong routes and droping passes all the time...!!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds almost like Shelley
    "Today I'v lost my faith in Tannenbaum,
    His drafts are poor, and free agents crap.."

poetry in JI.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some of ya just gulp that green kool aid. Ive been a faithful followers of the NYJ since 1970. I missed the glory year. But I wait and return year after year of being disappointed and let down. I will bleed green til I die but this season may be worse than the 1-15 season. I dont know what else to say. were are doomed