Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Today Ive lost faith in Tannenbomb

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Today Ive lost faith in Tannenbomb

Santonio goes down for the year and we sign another Hill? really? You mean to tell me that there is no better WR on the street right now than Stephen Hill, Kerley, and the new Hill? So Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, and Kellen Winslow arent a viable option? Plax? I mean what is going on here. I know that their best days are behind them but I think they are better than what we have. As we speak we have the worst skill players in the NFL. Our WRs are non-existant. Our #1 guy is actually a #2 and hes done for the year. RB we have no one. TE keller is not a top TE. Hes good, maybe better than average but thats it. QB- How do we know what he is? hes got an average to below average line, no Wrs, lousy RBs and an at best above average TE that been hurt the entire season. Id be hard pressed to believe that a Joe Montana or Dan Marino could win with this garbage....and it all comes back to Tannenbomb. Bad drafts and lousy free agent signings. HE DOES NOT KNOW FOOTBALL TALENT HE KNOW CAP SPACE. I say hes gone next.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mr T as fatcessa calls him

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    it really seems as if the jets are purposely trying to piss the fans off. they did squat in the off season to improve this team. first it was the preseason td scoring debacle then by chance our best player on defense goes down and then on offense.

if i werent so pig headed id be willing to bet woody might be thiking of selling this team to the la investor looking to put a team back in la. and really screw us fans in the end.

there seems to be no sense of urgency with anything.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Gawd..Are we going to have these threads everyday...

It's October 3rd and they are all on the street...Why guys? 32 NFL teams don't want their overrated talent at this point and their baggage...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    it really seems as if the jets are purposely trying to piss the fans off. they did squat in the off season to improve this team. first it was the preseason td scoring debacle then by chance our best player on defense goes down and then on offense.

if i werent so pig headed id be willing to bet woody might be thiking of selling this team to the la investor looking to put a team back in la. and really screw us fans in the end.

You might be on to something there skippy....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    31 teams is more accurate as of right now

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep...completely content with mediocrity. Sad, but you are 110% correct.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Santonio goes down for the year and we sign another Hill? really? You mean to tell me that there is no better WR on the street right now than Stephen Hill, Kerley, and the new Hill? So Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, and Kellen Winslow arent a viable option? Plax? I mean what is going on here. I know that their best days are behind them but I think they are better than what we have. As we speak we have the worst skill players in the NFL. Our WRs are non-existant. Our #1 guy is actually a #2 and hes done for the year. RB we have no one. TE keller is not a top TE. Hes good, maybe better than average but thats it. QB- How do we know what he is? hes got an average to below average line, no Wrs, lousy RBs and an at best above average TE that been hurt the entire season. Id be hard pressed to believe that a Joe Montana or Dan Marino could win with this garbage....and it all comes back to Tannenbomb. Bad drafts and lousy free agent signings. HE DOES NOT KNOW FOOTBALL TALENT HE KNOW CAP SPACE. I say hes gone next.
    I've been following twitter all day, and the fan backlash about the corresponding move due to the Holmes injury has been absurd and down right pathetic from fans.

Did fans think the Jets were going to find a Calvin Johnson on the street? What the hell did you expect them to do?

They did need to find a player that fits, did they not? There is a SHORT list of these players out there, is there not?

They wanted a younger player with speed and some experience. Former 3rd round pick, started and put up some numbers for a bad offense last year, had a good pre-season, has some talent, we know he has confidence with his Revis slaying last year, and probably a little delusion too, but that's ok.

But what the hell did anybody expect during week 5 of the regular season?

Some of you have really warped expectations.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

You're a broken record, turn it off for a while and get some rest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The only reason I still give Tanny some reasonable doubt is our resident expert , CMART, has made some outstanding points about him. Which after some review and google research, has been proven accurate.

CMART....don't let any poster on this board tell you that your input is not tops.

We all, especially and even me, use it to be better educated about our NY JETS.

YOU DA MAN.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't worry, Tebow can play Tight End better than Kellen Winslow. JI posters told me so.

And who needs Plax and his silly td's? Having a good red zone offense like last yr is sooooo overrated.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 10-03-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    You're a broken record, turn it off for a while and get some rest.
    ray you dont know me and i dont know you and im ok with that. when you start telling me what to do and i start listening is the day i quit posting.

theres a good group of guys here who i enjoy talking football with if you dont like what i have to say theres an ignore feature. sorry you feel the way you do about me.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ray you dont know me and i dont know you and im ok with that. when you start telling me what to do and i start listening is the day i quit posting.

theres a good group of guys here who i enjoy talking football with if you dont like what i have to say theres an ignore feature. sorry you feel the way you do about me.
    But you're not talking football, it's one liner after one liner of BS.

It gets old reading it.

It's amazing, one loss after week 4 and fans are already talking about firing everybody, rebuilding the team, blah blah blah... Look, losing 2 key players sucks, and it doesn't bode well. The odds are against the Jets, nobody is naive to that, not me, not most people, but I'm going to voice my opinion if the board is just going to spend the rest of the season lashing out and crying about every ****ing thing that the Jets do or don't do.

I get it, things look bleak, but if you talk football as you say you do, engage in the threads that are out there, not the miserable SOJF agenda and ***** convention that seems to be going on with the board this week.

My observation, and I'm sticking to it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    But you're not talking football, it's one liner after one liner of BS.

It gets old reading it.

It's amazing, one loss after week 4 and fans are already talking about firing everybody, rebuilding the team, blah blah blah... Look, losing 2 key players sucks, and it doesn't bode well. The odds are against the Jets, nobody is naive to that, not me, not most people, but I'm going to voice my opinion if the board is just going to spend the rest of the season lashing out and crying about every ****ing thing that the Jets do or don't do.

I get it, things look bleak, but if you talk football as you say you do, engage in the threads that are out there, not the miserable SOJF agenda and ***** convention that seems to be going on with the board this week.

My observation, and I'm sticking to it.
    and im sticking with mine use the ignore feature. thanks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following twitter all day, and the fan backlash about the corresponding move due to the Holmes injury has been absurd and down right pathetic from fans.

Did fans think the Jets were going to find a Calvin Johnson on the street? What the hell did you expect them to do?

They did need to find a player that fits, did they not? There is a SHORT list of these players out there, is there not?

They wanted a younger player with speed and some experience. Former 3rd round pick, started and put up some numbers for a bad offense last year, had a good pre-season, has some talent, we know he has confidence with his Revis slaying last year, and probably a little delusion too, but that's ok.

Great points. The time to address our WR problems were in the offseason and we did nothing to improve in that area. Now it's just too late.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Great points. The time to address our WR problems were in the offseason and we did nothing to improve in that area. Now it's just too late.
    Chaz Schilens, Patrick Turner and crossing fingers that Cumberland could survive an entire season didn't do it for ya?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bottom line Ray is that everybody and their mothers knew the lack of talent on the offensive side. Tennendouche did a terrible job of upgrading the offense.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Bottom line Ray is that everybody and their mothers knew the lack of talent on the offensive side. Tennendouche did a terrible job of upgrading the offense.
    Tannenblah neglected the offensive side of the ball horribly all off-season long because the entire focus was on trading for Woody's Golden Boy Tim Tebow, taking the Giants off the backpage of the paper and then trying to rationalize that silly trade to the media.

Mike Tanenbaum has regressed as a GM. Don't listen to me look at the proof:

1. Last 3 drafts have ranged from mediocre to terrible.

2. Nothing at the skill positions.

3. LB corps is old, slow, overpaid.

4. Mr T loves giving big contracts to resign aging players who then bottom out almost immediately after the payday (Holmes, Pouha, Harris, I can't wait to see Dustin Keller getting $35 million guaranteed and Revis and his broken knee $60 mil guaranteed)
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 10-03-2012 at 10:25 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    The challenge is FIND the post I predicted and promised 12 wins, post and link, find the post, and I'm gone, a ban of any length of your request. Do it or STFU!
    I notice you added "promised" into your sig challenge....after your 12 win season prediction was unearthed.

Is this some sort of Little House on the Prairie Michael Landon faith addendum that's been added to sports lingo that I am unaware of?

-