Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: Last year it was Fire Schotty, this year its fire Tanny, next year?

  1. #21
    we got to the AFCCG with holdovers from Mangini's era.
    Rex and Tanny have shown me nothing.

  2. #22
    Mike Pettine is already assuming the position under the bus, he'll be this season's scapegoat.

    This will coincide nicely with Rob Ryan being told to take a hike in Dallas, so we'll have both Ryans here next season.

    Write it down.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Greener Pastures View Post
    Mike Pettine is already assuming the position under the bus, he'll be this season's scapegoat.

    This will coincide nicely with Rob Ryan being told to take a hike in Dallas, so we'll have both Ryans here next season.

    Write it down.
    Holy Crap ... That would be epic ...









    .... And wrong !

  4. #24

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    we got to the AFCCG with holdovers from Mangini's era.
    Rex and Tanny have shown me nothing.
    It's too bad Mangini couldn't get these studs to the playoffs.The Rex Ryan we hired isn't the problem, it's the Rex Ryan we now have that's the problem.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    Firing seems to be the easy fix around here. Apparently we got to 2 AFCC with terrible coaches, players, and a terrible GM. How the hell did we do any of that with this group of morons?
    You got to two AFC title games by having a a good team, the team is no longer that good. The players who are left and starting and are three years older and much slower.

    1/2 the team is FA at the end of the year and there will be little cap space for replacements.

    Dbrick has regressed since signing his big contract.

    Sanchez play has gone down the tubes and the staff is not doing anything to turn it around.

    When a team that in 08 was #1 in november, Then goes to the playoffs two years in a row, then regresses to 8-8 and now appears to be a 6-10 team and you think the fans are over reacting.

    Tanny's handling of the revis contract was horrendous. Extending him for two years (2) years before his contract was up with no option to retain him is a firing offense to begin with.

    Revis contract should have been structured like Gronk's (best payer at position) 2 year extension that puts 8-10 mill in his pocket two years before FA, a 5X jump in salary those two years, then a 4 year extension at a salary
    that made him the highest paid at the position at time of signing. and another 10 mill bonus. Instead Tannenbaum went for a contract wish the smallest 1st year cap hit that he could get.

    Rex came in as the "good guy" HC to a veteran team, as in the case with all players coaches, once the goodwill wears off the players have nothing to respond to. For three years he actually ignored the offense by his own admission.

    Rex I believe is a superior DC and is a fit as a HC on a veteran team that has some leadership within.

    I think Rex has shown enough that he should not be let go after this season, but should stay on under a new GM. It is the right thing to do for him and the team as it will not be an attractive place to attract a top HC if the season progresses as many fear it will.
    Last edited by patman; 10-05-2012 at 09:54 AM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You got to two AFC title games by having a a good team, the team is no longer that good. The players who are left and starting and are three years older and much slower.

    1/2 the team is FA at the end of the year and there will be little cap space for replacements.

    Dbrick has regressed since signing his big contract.

    Sanchez play has gone down the tubes and the staff is not doing anything to turn it around.

    When a team that in 08 was #1 in november, Then goes to the playoffs two years in a row, then regresses to 8-8 and now appears to be a 6-10 team and you think the fans are over reacting.

    Tanny's handling of the revis contract was horrendous. Extending him for two years (2) years before his contract was up with no option to retain him is a firing offense to begin with.

    Revis contract should have been structured like Gronk's (best payer at position) 2 year extension that puts 8-10 mill in his pocket two years before FA, a 5X jump in salary those two years, then a 4 year extension at a salary
    that made him the highest paid at the position at time of signing. and another 10 mill bonus. Instead Tannenbaum went for a contract wish the smallest 1st year cap hit that he could get.

    Rex came in as the "good guy" HC to a veteran team, as in the case with all players coaches, once the goodwill wears off the players have nothing to respond to. For three years he actually ignored the offense by his own admission.

    Rex I believe is a superior DC and is a fit as a HC on a veteran team that has some leadership within.

    I think Rex has shown enough that he should not be let go after this season, but should stay on under a new GM. It is the right thing to do for him and the team as it will not be an attractive place to attract a top HC if the season progresses as many fear it will.
    Can you just become a Jets fan? Lol good analysis, hoping we hold onto Rex and get a GM who causes him to fix some of his issues.

  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    When Herman Edwards was HC of the Jets we ran a 43 Tampa 2 defense . Every single DLman on the Giants was available to the Jets and we chose to go elsewhere.

    When Mangini was the HC of the Jets We should have drafted Cutler,Mangold and Marcus Mcneil. We drafted Ferguson a skinny LT who can't run block when we had no QB who could throw, Mangold and Clemens because we are the Jets.

    This franchise makes the same mistakes over and over and hopes to get it right yr after yr.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    When Herman Edwards was HC of the Jets we ran a 43 Tampa 2 defense . Every single DLman on the Giants was available to the Jets and we chose to go elsewhere.

    When Mangini was the HC of the Jets We should have drafted Cutler,Mangold and Marcus Mcneil. We drafted Ferguson a skinny LT who can't run block when we had no QB who could throw, Mangold and Clemens because we are the Jets.

    This franchise makes the same mistakes over and over and hopes to get it right yr after yr.
    Considering McNeil is out of the league due to his back condition I would say that was a pretty solid call. Ferguson was widely considered a ridiculously good LT prospect. I can say that he hasn't matched his projection, but he is still a really good blindside protector. I think this man blocking is not great for his ability in the run game. He is better hitting guys on the move/zone. Just my opinion though, I am no expert.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Considering McNeil is out of the league due to his back condition I would say that was a pretty solid call. Ferguson was widely considered a ridiculously good LT prospect. I can say that he hasn't matched his projection, but he is still a really good blindside protector. I think this man blocking is not great for his ability in the run game. He is better hitting guys on the move/zone. Just my opinion though, I am no expert.

    How long did he play for. I knew he had a condition coming into the league,so between the time he got drafted and the time he left,his replacement would have been on the roster.

    You should take a look at the thread i started on how i build a team.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    How long did he play for. I knew he had a condition coming into the league,so between the time he got drafted and the time he left,his replacement would have been on the roster.

    You should take a look at the thread i started on how i build a team.
    I confess that I have had misgivings about the competency of the Jets medical staff for years off and on. Whether it be Dewayne Robertson's knee or whatever, we often seem to be left with more questions than answers.

    Thanks goodness Moga is back...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    You got to two AFC title games by having a a good team, the team is no longer that good. The players who are left and starting and are three years older and much slower.

    1/2 the team is FA at the end of the year and there will be little cap space for replacements.

    Dbrick has regressed since signing his big contract.

    Sanchez play has gone down the tubes and the staff is not doing anything to turn it around.

    When a team that in 08 was #1 in november, Then goes to the playoffs two years in a row, then regresses to 8-8 and now appears to be a 6-10 team and you think the fans are over reacting.

    Tanny's handling of the revis contract was horrendous. Extending him for two years (2) years before his contract was up with no option to retain him is a firing offense to begin with.

    Revis contract should have been structured like Gronk's (best payer at position) 2 year extension that puts 8-10 mill in his pocket two years before FA, a 5X jump in salary those two years, then a 4 year extension at a salary
    that made him the highest paid at the position at time of signing. and another 10 mill bonus. Instead Tannenbaum went for a contract wish the smallest 1st year cap hit that he could get.

    Rex came in as the "good guy" HC to a veteran team, as in the case with all players coaches, once the goodwill wears off the players have nothing to respond to. For three years he actually ignored the offense by his own admission.

    Rex I believe is a superior DC and is a fit as a HC on a veteran team that has some leadership within.

    I think Rex has shown enough that he should not be let go after this season, but should stay on under a new GM. It is the right thing to do for him and the team as it will not be an attractive place to attract a top HC if the season progresses as many fear it will.
    why are u on a Jets forum? Seriously lol .. u guys are 2-2 and have ya own issues. Why don't you troll a Giants forum they have ya number dude beating u 3x in a row. Why aren't u on a Ravens forum they are ya real rivals right now? LMAO .. part of me thinks u are a member of every team's forum ... get a life

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us