Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK, Rex. What's the plan?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    that 2 day meeting ain't gonna fix these issues bro lol. If only life worked that way
    yeah. no kidding.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I highly doubt he would tell the press anything as far as that part went. I have two thoughts:

1. Rex may have done this as a "test." After the game some guys said they'd be in on their two days off to go over film and find out what went wrong. Maybe he wants to see who cares and who doesn't.

2. I guess we will see Monday night if any changes were made. My gut feeling is we don't see anything and it's another embarassment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets337 View Post
    I highly doubt he would tell the press anything as far as that part went. I have two thoughts:

1. Rex may have done this as a "test." After the game some guys said they'd be in on their two days off to go over film and find out what went wrong. Maybe he wants to see who cares and who doesn't.

2. I guess we will see Monday night if any changes were made. My gut feeling is we don't see anything and it's another embarassment.

1. Rex's statement that players were "tired" was about as disingenuous as they come. The guys were clearly quitting on him. And if he continues to put his head in the sand and ignore this, he's even more foolish than I imagined.

2. The coaching staff better have a radically different plan how to approach this game. The team just got manhandled last game. If they do exactly the same things with no adjustments, it's an admission of futility by the coaching staff itself. They will have quit on Rex too.

The next few weeks are very telling for Rex. He can either rally the troops and turn thing around or it's all going to blow up in his face. There's really no other possible outcomes. By mid season we'll clearly see if Rex has what it takes to be a good head coach.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

For the umpteeth time, the two days off thing is being overplayed, it's still naive, the team has a Monday night game, they usually practice from Wed - Fri with a light Sat practice, this week that changes, Thurs-Sat with a light Sun since game is home, they got an extra day of practice today. CBA dictates team has to have the Tuesday off, as bad as the team performed, Rex wanted Monday for an internal state of the union with the coaching staff. Why is this such a ****ing problem for everybody?

As for the plan, so you're upset because Rex didn't get behind his podium today and announce it for all the world to see?
    What I find amusing is your need to reply to this post ... Even more amusing is my need to apply to,your need to reply to this post .

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    PUNT ON FIRST DOWN

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    The next few weeks are very telling for Rex. He can either rally the troops and turn thing around or it's all going to blow up in his face. There's really no other possible outcomes. By mid season we'll clearly see if Rex has what it takes to be a good head coach.
    Do you live in Punxsutawney ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Do you live in Punxsutawney ?
    Watching the Jets over the last 40 years I do feel like Bill Murray in Ground Hog Day.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps the next step will be to practice even less and have even shorter meetings, so the team can get their rest and not be "tired"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is doing exactly what he should be doing. Giving the players some time away to heal both mentally and physically.

I like Holmes a lot less than most of the fans here (especially those that posted that he was a top 10 talent) but his absence from the offense and Revis from the D, requires a change in game preparation. He used these two days for that purpose. he will make some incremental adjustments now and I will expect a much bigger change to be implemented during the bye week.

Those injuries and the inability of the jets to execute the change in philosophy to a ground and pound team through 4 games has him back at the drawing board, which is where he should be given the results so far this year.

Rex and Tannenbaum made personnel mistakes while going for the ring in 2009, 10 and 11. However those moves were applauded at that time by the fan base.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Rex is doing exactly what he should be doing. Giving the players some time away to heal both mentally and physically.

I like Holmes a lot less than most of the fans here (especially those that posted that he was a top 10 talent) but his absence from the offense and Revis from the D, requires a change in game preparation. He used these two days for that purpose. he will make some incremental adjustments now and I will expect a much bigger change to be implemented during the bye week.

Those injuries and the inability of the jets to execute the change in philosophy to a ground and pound team through 4 games has him back at the drawing board, which is where he should be given the results so far this year.

Rex and Tannenbaum made personnel mistakes while going for the ring in 2009, 10 and 11. However those moves were applauded at that time by the fan base.
    Rex should have been doing this in February. What he and Stoogerano were doing is anybody's guess because there were certain messes that should have been cleaned up long ago that weren't. Having Wayne Hunter on the opening day roster...are you serious. Going to the "Ground and Pound" with Greene, Powell and McKnight....you can't be serious.

It's called HUBRIS: and Rex suffers from it badly. Look at the Jets preseason..are you fu*king kidding me? And you idiots trot out the same garbage during the regular season?
    "Greene-up the middle...a gain of two."

Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

The adjectival form of hubris is "hubristic".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex's new plan:

1) Ground and Pound up the middle with Greene
    2) Playaction
    3) The best defense we've ever had keeps the game close
    4) More Wildcat
    5) Tebow as situational pass rusher

He can't believe he didn't think of it sooner.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Obviously, something has to change. My question is, why announce this super secret meeting blah, blah, blah. Do what you think will help, fine. Announcing it to the world, bush league.

But Rex can't help himself. If his team played as good as he talked, we would have 3 SBs under him and working on a fourth. Instead we are the laughing stock of the league and can't field a team that can play for 4 qtrs without getting "tired".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Obviously, something has to change. My question is, why announce this super secret meeting blah, blah, blah. Do what you think will help, fine. Announcing it to the world, bush league.

But Rex can't help himself. If his team played as good as he talked, we would have 3 SBs under him and working on a fourth. Instead we are the laughing stock of the league and can't field a team that can play for 4 qtrs without getting "tired".
    The team playing "tired" is 100% on him.

Rex announced the off schedule so that the fans would know that the staff is working on the issues. Coaches have to huddle and see the best way to present their findings to the team. The team has played bad, some players must be doubting both them selves ant the coaching staff. To have the players present during this review could be counter productive.

Rex has done some very stupid things in the past, this is not one of them.