Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: OK, Rex. What's the plan?

  1. #1

    OK, Rex. What's the plan?

    After the 49er debacle, Rex gave his players 2 days off so he could huddle with his coaches and come up with a way to fix this mess going forward. I expected to hear something about this at today's PC.

    What did we get? Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero. No plan, no changes, no accountability.

    Really? Then why bull**** us with this 2 days crap. Either he is a moron, or he thinks we are. I'm not sure which.

    Maybe it just shipped his mind. Maybe her forgot to mention it.

    OK, Rex... What's the plan?

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,781
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    After the 49er debacle, Rex gave his players 2 days off so he could huddle with his coaches and come up with a way to fix this mess going forward. I expected to hear something about this at today's PC.

    What did we get? Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero. No plan, no changes, no accountability.

    Really? Then why bull**** us with this 2 days crap. Either he is a moron, or he thinks we are. I'm not sure which.

    Maybe it just shipped his mind. Maybe her forgot to mention it.

    OK, Rex... What's the plan?
    Good questions all but you are actually kidding right?

  3. #3
    ground and pound and an elite defense of course if they arent tired.

  4. #4
    Maybe he just sent it nicely to Houston in a letter instead of announcing it to them publicly?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    After the 49er debacle, Rex gave his players 2 days off so he could huddle with his coaches and come up with a way to fix this mess going forward. I expected to hear something about this at today's PC.

    What did we get? Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero. No plan, no changes, no accountability.

    Really? Then why bull**** us with this 2 days crap. Either he is a moron, or he thinks we are. I'm not sure which.

    Maybe it just shipped his mind. Maybe her forgot to mention it.

    OK, Rex... What's the plan?


    For the umpteeth time, the two days off thing is being overplayed, it's still naive, the team has a Monday night game, they usually practice from Wed - Fri with a light Sat practice, this week that changes, Thurs-Sat with a light Sun since game is home, they got an extra day of practice today. CBA dictates team has to have the Tuesday off, as bad as the team performed, Rex wanted Monday for an internal state of the union with the coaching staff. Why is this such a ****ing problem for everybody?

    As for the plan, so you're upset because Rex didn't get behind his podium today and announce it for all the world to see?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    After the 49er debacle, Rex gave his players 2 days off so he could huddle with his coaches and come up with a way to fix this mess going forward. I expected to hear something about this at today's PC.

    What did we get? Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero. No plan, no changes, no accountability.

    Really? Then why bull**** us with this 2 days crap. Either he is a moron, or he thinks we are. I'm not sure which.

    Maybe it just shipped his mind. Maybe her forgot to mention it.

    OK, Rex... What's the plan?
    What did you expect ? For him to come out and say "Well, we talked amongst ourselves and decided that maybe we ought to spend more time on fundamentals like blocking or tackling ? Or that coach X, or Y, or Z had focused on the wrong things and now that problem is corrected ?

    Not going to happen, nor should it. Time will tell if anything came from these past 2 days.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,502
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    OK, Rex... What's the plan?
    PUNT ON FIRST DOWN

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ground and pound and an elite defense of course if they arent tired.
    Yes!!! And with Lex Hilliard and Jason Hill and Aaron Berry!! Dudes we are set. Watch out Texans! And maybe some more of Tony Stoogerano's mystery Tebow wildcat!!!

    Sorry. Really. I'm 48 and remember all of it and it's just a real bummer that Rex and the team even thought for one second that "ground and pound" was going to be viable. Maybe with Adrian Peterson and a better O-line but this whole thing has been a HUGE miscalculation on the coaching staff and the FO. All the writers and pundits talked about it all off-season and here we go.

    Please let me be wrong but I have the funny feeling that I'm going to get a lot of projects done this Fall-particularly on Sundays. Just a hunch...

  9. #9
    Oh, I see. It's a super duper secret plan. One that we can't tell anyone.

    OK, then why announce that you are going to create this super secret plan in the first place?

    Why? Because Rex has diarrhea of the mouth. He can't shut up.

    So today we found out that Mark is the answer, Shonne is the starter, and Rex likes our WRs because they are young and fast.

    The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What did you expect ? For him to come out and say "Well, we talked amongst ourselves and decided that maybe we ought to spend more time on fundamentals like blocking or tackling ? Or that coach X, or Y, or Z had focused on the wrong things and now that problem is corrected ?

    Not going to happen, nor should it. Time will tell if anything came from these past 2 days.
    Just the bloody fuc*ing fact that 4 games into the season Rex is having to have some sort of major review of what isn't working is a horrible statement about him, the coaching staff, their entire philosophy and the level of talent (or lack thereof) currently on the roster. Hubris.

    Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

    The adjectival form of hubris is "hubristic".

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    PUNT ON FIRST DOWN
    Hey, any drive that ends in a punt is a successful one, right?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Just the bloody fuc*ing fact that 4 games into the season Rex is having to have some sort of major review of what isn't working is a horrible statement about him, the coaching staff, their entire philosophy and the level of talent (or lack thereof) currently on the roster.

    I'd say you're correct. We barely started the season and absolutely nothing the team planned for all off-season, organized the roster around or practiced for this summer has come out well. In fact it's been such a disaster that a complete change of course is now necessary. That's pathetic.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Just the bloody fuc*ing fact that 4 games into the season Rex is having to have some sort of major review of what isn't working is a horrible statement about him, the coaching staff, their entire philosophy and the level of talent (or lack thereof) currently on the roster. Hubris.

    Hubris ( /ˈhjuːbrɪs/), also hybris, from ancient Greek ὕβρις, means extreme pride or arrogance. Hubris often indicates a loss of contact with reality and an overestimation of one's own competence or capabilities, especially when the person exhibiting it is in a position of power.

    The adjectival form of hubris is "hubristic".

    And ? What does that have to do with you starting a frakking post begging to know what "the plan" is and being upset that Rex didn't tell you all about it in a freaking press conference ?

  14. #14
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post

    OK, Rex... What's the plan?

    "There’s one thing about the athlete: You keep telling him how good he is, he’s going to start believing it to the point that he may not be preparing quite the way he should. Rex has been the only coach that we know, in maybe the history of the game that I’m familiar with, that keeps continually telling his guys how good they are. It's rather alarming. I think these guys might be believing that they’re better than they are."

    --Joe Namath, October 2011


    SAR I

  15. #15
    I think this is Buffalo all over again...

    Jets are playing possum...

    Rex acted "rejected" at his presser...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And ? What does that have to do with you starting a frakking post begging to know what "the plan" is and being upset that Rex didn't tell you all about it in a freaking press conference ?
    I didn't start the thread-just venting and chiming in about the fact that the CS needs to "go back to the drawing board" after week 4 is really, really pathetic. What in fu*ks name have those idiots been doing since last February?

    "Ground and Pound" and some "Tebow"-Fu&k You! Wake up you retards and realize what the game of football is in the 21st century.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    And ? What does that have to do with you starting a frakking post begging to know what "the plan" is and being upset that Rex didn't tell you all about it in a freaking press conference ?
    Hey dickhead. I am the OP. I am not begging. Rex brought this **** up, not me. I'm just calling him on his BS.

    You want to keep it in house? Fine. Don't tell the press you are holding a pow-wow.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    I didn't start the thread-just venting and chiming in about the fact that the CS needs to "go back to the drawing board" after week 4 is really, really pathetic. What in fu*ks name have those idiots been doing since last February?

    "Ground and Pound" and some "Tebow"-Fu&k You! Wake up you retards and realize what the game of football is in the 21st century.
    Egg on face. My apologies
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 10-04-2012 at 12:16 AM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    Hey dickhead. I am the OP. I am not begging. Rex brought this **** up, not me. I'm just calling him on his BS.

    You want to keep it in house? Fine. Don't tell the press you are holding a pow-wow.
    Rex said that they were going to look things over. That doesn't mean he should come out and tell the press, you or anybody else what they decided in their meetings.

    You tell the press that you are having a Pow wow because they want to know if you are doing anything after such a humiliating performance. You say "yes, we are going to look at EVERYTHING and figure out where to go from there".

    Short, simple answer to the question. No need to then turn around later and say "ok, ya'll come here and I'll tell you what we figured out".

    If you will, it's like someone saying "You have the Texans coming up, what are you going to do ?" Rex: "Going to get together with the coaches, develop some plans, and then try to execute them".

    Do you think he's going to come out the next day and say "ok, here's how we've decided to try and beat the Texans..." and then walk you through it ?

    That's internal stuff.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    After the 49er debacle, Rex gave his players 2 days off so he could huddle with his coaches and come up with a way to fix this mess going forward. I expected to hear something about this at today's PC.

    What did we get? Nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero. No plan, no changes, no accountability.

    Really? Then why bull**** us with this 2 days crap. Either he is a moron, or he thinks we are. I'm not sure which.

    Maybe it just shipped his mind. Maybe her forgot to mention it.

    OK, Rex... What's the plan?
    that 2 day meeting ain't gonna fix these issues bro lol. If only life worked that way

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us