Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matt Flynn ?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Build a foundation, Sanchez can get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    3 years ago was the time to look for a guy like Flynn. We were already pretty stacked at every position and a veteran QB with potential would have served us well. Now is the time to look to the daft. We stink in so many positions it's not even funny. We don't have a good RB. Our WR's are crap. Our LB's are crap. Our Safeties are both on 1 year contracts. Our OL consists of 2 inconsistent guys (Slauson and Howard) and one old guy (Moore). Our DL is getting mauled and run all over (maybe fixable). We have zero depth anywhere. Matt Flynn does not help at all.
    Two years ago this team was in the AFCCG. Now it boasts one CB and a couple of kickers. This is an epic fall.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Personally, I don't get the allure of Flynn. Aside from that one big game against the Lions, what has he done? He couldn't even beat out a rookie for the starting job in Seattle. And what he did in Green Bay, look at the weapons he had.

Ryan Grant
    Jordy Nelson
    Donald Driver
    Jermichael Finley
    James Jones

Not taking anything away from his game, but he definitely had help. And the Lions weren't exactly stellar on defense. I think Flynn coming in won't fix squat.

With the way Wilson has been playing lately, I don't think the Seahawks would be exactly keen on trading Flynn.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
    Personally, I don't get the allure of Flynn. Aside from that one big game against the Lions, what has he done? He couldn't even beat out a rookie for the starting job in Seattle. And what he did in Green Bay, look at the weapons he had.

Ryan Grant
    Jordy Nelson
    Donald Driver
    Jermichael Finley
    James Jones

Not taking anything away from his game, but he definitely had help. And the Lions weren't exactly stellar on defense. I think Flynn coming in won't fix squat.
    Agreed- Say no to Matt Flynn

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    I'm probably going to get dumped for this, but if the opportunity presented itself, would you do a trade of Sanchez for Flynn ?

In my opinion it makes sense, because Sanchez has 2 years left on his Contract and Flynn has 3. Both have, off the top of my head, have 10 mil guaranteed. It gives Pete Carroll his College sweetheart and still a quality backup for cheaper, and it gives us an actual NFL QB.

So if Tanny pulls the trigger would you be for it?
    No. The problem is not Sanchez. I'm not saying he's a top 5 qb or anything, but with this horrible offense around him, what is Sanchez supposed to do? The offense is a joke. Can't run, can't block, can't get open. How are you supposed to throw the ball in a situation like that?

Carrol didn't want Leinard who looked better and he actually liked. I don't get why anyone would think Carrol would want Sanchez to be honest. Personally I'd trade Mark for Matt(either one) right now. Seattle would be retarded to make that trade.

Guys, if Sanchez is cut or traded this year, the Jets take a $20 million cap hit. If he's cut or traded next year, they take a $17 million cap hit. He's not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Greener Pastures View Post
    Guys, if Sanchez is cut or traded this year, the Jets take a $20 million cap hit. If he's cut or traded next year, they take a $17 million cap hit. He's not going anywhere.
    That is going to be one expensive bench warmer.

In theory yes, but because of the cap it is almost unworkable.

Sanchez is going to need a year off as a backup somewhere to get his feet back under him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    3 years ago was the time to look for a guy like Flynn. We were already pretty stacked at every position and a veteran QB with potential would have served us well. Now is the time to look to the daft. We stink in so many positions it's not even funny. We don't have a good RB. Our WR's are crap. Our LB's are crap. Our Safeties are both on 1 year contracts. Our OL consists of 2 inconsistent guys (Slauson and Howard) and one old guy (Moore). Our DL is getting mauled and run all over (maybe fixable). We have zero depth anywhere. Matt Flynn does not help at all.
    This

Does anyone really think that if you throw Flynn into this quagmire of crap they call an offense that the JETS will start winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    That is going to be one expensive bench warmer.

Possibly. I have no problem with benching Sanchez, regardless of how much money he makes.

My point, however, is that it is virtually impossible to bring in help at the QB position - be it Matt Flynn or anyone else currently on an NFL roster. (Not that I would want Matt Flynn.)

The Jets options right now are Sanchez, Tebow, and McElroy. And, currently unsigned players like Jamarcus Russell and Vince Young. That's it. There is no "trade this guy for that guy", or "what about this team's back-up".

This is our bed. We sleep in it until the end of the 2013 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    it gives us an actual NFL QB.

???? really. He isn't even the starting QB on his team. How do you know what he's capable of?

Also, when was the last mid-season trade for a starting QB? How long do you give him to learn the playbook?

Making suggestions on picking up unsigned players is one thing....mid-season trades like this are unrealistic