Thread: This is on Tanny

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

This is on Tanny

Bad personnel moves made this team suck. Started last offseason of 2011 when we let go:

Braylon and Cotch: Two WRs that Sanchez was more in sync with than Holmes, which they replaced with two OLDER receivers

Damien Woody: Wanted to come back but Tanny said, "Nah we good we got Wayne Hunter"

Brad Smith: Clearly ran Wildcat better, great role player

Ihedigbo: Another great role player

Shaun Ellis: Was getting older but was a leader and our Run D has never been the same.

If you look at these positions, they haven't been filled yet, we still need good WRs because Hill can't catch and after Kerley we are done at WR

Our O Line sucks

Tebow can't or in my opinion ISNT TRYING when he runs the wildcat. It's like he's sucking on purpose because he knows he's trying to say start me and I'll play well

D LINE can't get a pass rush or stop the run.

Tanny it's on YOU.....and Woody Johnson for making them get Tebow
    Last edited by Revis-ed; 10-04-2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: additional comments

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis-ed View Post
    Bad personnel moves made this team suck. Started last offseason of 2011 when we let go:

Braylon and Cotch: Two WRs that Sanchez was more in sync with than Holmes, which they replaced with two OLDER receivers

Damien Woody: Wanted to come back but Tanny said, "Nah we good we got Wayne Hunter"

Brad Smith: Clearly ran Wildcat better, great role player

Ihedigbo: Another great role player

Shaun Ellis: Was getting older but was a leader and our Run D has never been the same.

If you look at these positions, they haven't been filled yet, we still need good WRs because Hill can't catch and after Kerley we are done at WR

Our O Line sucks

Tebow can't or in my opinion ISNT TRYING when he runs the wildcat. It's like he's sucking on purpose because he knows he's trying to say start me and I'll play well

D LINE can't get a pass rush or stop the run.

Tanny it's on YOU.....and Woody Johnson for making them get Tebow
    The bad personnel moves started with Farve for a 2nd on a one year rental.
    The next was a 8 mill a year contract for a 29YO complimentary LB
    Signing Revis to a 4 year deal two years before his contract was due.
    Trading a 2nd for Cro for a one year rental before going after ASO,
    Redoing a bunch of contracts to free up cap space to sign ASO and when rebuffed using that money to sign CRO, ending up dedicating 1/6 of your total cap space for 2 cornerbacks

I won't get into draft picks as they are crap shoots more than known football players and working in a salary cap framework.

Tebow is not him but Woody.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    not to nitpick - but Brad Smith simply wanted too much money for a special teams / wildcat player. He's done nothing since going to Buffalo and getting a big payday.

I still agree though, the whole front office needs to go.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Toon View Post
    not to nitpick - but Brad Smith simply wanted too much money for a special teams / wildcat player. He's done nothing since going to Buffalo and getting a big payday.

I still agree though, the whole front office needs to go.
    and cotch wanted out.

you know damien woody wanted to come back? he was coming off an achilles tear

ellis was old and not good anymore. needed to get younger

not saying tanny has been great, but these are not the moves to hate tanny over

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody said he wanted to only play for the Jets

Cotch wanted out because they signed Plax and Mason

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The bad personnel moves started with Farve for a 2nd on a one year rental.
    The next was a 8 mill a year contract for a 29YO complimentary LB
    Signing Revis to a 4 year deal two years before his contract was due.
    Trading a 2nd for Cro for a one year rental before going after ASO,
    Redoing a bunch of contracts to free up cap space to sign ASO and when rebuffed using that money to sign CRO, ending up dedicating 1/6 of your total cap space for 2 cornerbacks

I won't get into draft picks as they are crap shoots more than known football players and working in a salary cap framework.

Tebow is not him but Woody.
    Agree with these points except Smith, he was getting too much $$ from Buffalo.

I would add not replacing Faneca with a better player. They had the best o-line in football and simply let 40% of it walk away.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

You call it "the wildcat" I call it bringing Tebow in to run telegraphed options into a prepared defense. Then sticking Sanchez back in on 3rd down.

Recipe for failure.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    and cotch wanted out.

you know damien woody wanted to come back? he was coming off an achilles tear

ellis was old and not good anymore. needed to get younger

not saying tanny has been great, but these are not the moves to hate tanny over
    Cotch only wanted out because Tanny kept bringing in old, slow receivers over him. He should have been treated better, he and Sanchez worked well together.

Ellis was a leader, when you don't have a leader to step up he's not the guy that should have been cut. He was a solid on the D-line. Absolutely should have kept.

I think both of those moves are absolutely reason to point to Tanny's failures.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    You always want to let go of a guy a year early rather than a year late. I'd say a lot of the moves mentioned would fall under that category. Really, what have any of these guys done since they left the Jets - nothing. So I don't want to be too harsh on Tannenbaum about them.

Cotchery is the one guy who I wish we had kept.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody said he wanted to only play for the Jets

Cotch wanted out because they signed Plax and Mason
    Show proof of Woody saying he wanted to come back but the Jets told him no. And they signed Mason and Plax, AFTER Cotchery told them he wanted off the team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    You always want to let go of a guy a year early rather than a year late. I'd say a lot of the moves mentioned would fall under that category. Really, what have any of these guys done since they left the Jets - nothing. So I don't want to be too harsh on Tannenbaum about them.

Cotchery is the one guy who I wish we had kept.

Not if you don't have competant replacements.

What about Greene, Pace, Bryan Thomas, Eric Smith and looking like Pouha? Those seem to be a little late.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    And they signed Mason and Plax, AFTER Cotchery told them he wanted off the team.

Cotchery was released by the Jets on August 4, 2011

Mason signed with the New York Jets on August 6, 2011

Cotch was pissed that the team was negotiating with / about to sign Derrick Mason so he asked for his release.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lageman4ever View Post
    Cotchery was released by the Jets on August 4, 2011

Mason signed with the New York Jets on August 6, 2011

Cotch was pissed that the team was negotiating with / about to sign Derrick Mason so he asked for his release.
    Mason was the final straw. I think Plaxico came first but it was clear that the Jets were interested to talk with any Wide Receiver not named Jericho Cotchery that offseason. Cotch eventually got that message and asked out.

Hard to blame him really.