Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Classy guy, that Granderson

All League

Classy guy, that Granderson

He gave up his last at bat... could have tied Cabrera for the HR lead, and ruin Cabrera's Triple Crown.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    The Grandy man, can't?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    He gave up his last at bat... could have tied Cabrera for the HR lead, and ruin Cabrera's Triple Crown.
    It wouldn't have ruined the triple crown. He still gets it with a tie.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    It wouldn't have ruined the triple crown. He still gets it with a tie.
    Yep. Same thing happened to Yaz in 67.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not quite the Favre-Strahan situation

Some people are easily impressed.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    What are you doing Sunday?

I know what the Wilpons are doing. Having Armed Drivers take their kids to Soccer and Lacrosse. On your dime.

The dimes the intrepid Met fans that bothered to show up to Dodger Stadium this year...spent.

Not re-invested...along with the revenue sharing money the Yanks give you (welfare)...

Guess what the Yanks are doing Sunday...for their fans who suffered with them during the 60's and 80's...until they figured out you have to spend the money fans bring..instead of pocketing it?

Guess?

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

I know what the Wilpons are doing. Having Armed Drivers take their kids to Soccer and Lacrosse. On your dime.

The dimes the intrepid Met fans that bothered to show up to Dodger Stadium this year...spent.

Not re-invested...along with the revenue sharing money the Yanks give you (welfare)...

Guess what the Yanks are doing Sunday...for their fans who suffered with them during the 60's and 80's...until they figured out you have to spend the money fans bring..instead of pocketing it?

Guess?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Guess?

Not hitting in the clutch?

All Pro

Guess?

Yeah that is good. They spent an extra $150M to beat out the Orioles by 2 games. Way to go.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    hahahahaha. well when they come back to the Band Box Stadium, they can go back to hitting cans of corn into the first and second row corner seats for HR's.

Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    Yeah that is good. They spent an extra $150M to beat out the Orioles by 2 games. Way to go.
    You Mets fans are so bitter, it's pretty pathetic. Hopefully you guys are in first place next year for the first week so you can make threads about it. Then 2 weeks into the season suck as usual and only come on the baseball forum to troll.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    You Mets fans are so bitter, it's pretty pathetic. Hopefully you guys are in first place next year for the first week so you can make threads about it. Then 2 weeks into the season suck as usual and only come on the baseball forum to troll.
    I am pretty sure that it was 32Green that came into this thread and brought up the Mets.

The OP made a clueless assertion that somehow, if Granderson had happened to hit another home run, that it would have "ruined" the Triple Crown.

That was a wrong assertion. It still would have been a Triple Crown season.

Some Yankee fans need to have a little thicker skin, and smaller rabbit ears.

Guess?

Brother Green, if you want to discuss the Mets there are other threads for that. Your post is filled with bitterness and venom. I can just picture you sitting in a rocking chair on your front porch shaking your cane at children as they make noise passing by your house. May I suggest yoga?

Much better that they completely short change their fans by not spending money to put an even average product on the field

Brother Green, if you want to discuss the Mets there are other threads for that. Your post is filled with bitterness and venom. I can just picture you sitting in a rocking chair on your front porch shaking your cane at children as they make noise passing by your house. May I suggest yoga?
    Petulant. He is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

$150m of Yankee money, generated by Yankee fans and enterprises....and re-invested in the team, while also putting money in the WIlpons pockets...which Met fans will never see on the field.

Your anger is misdirected.

Lol!

-

Jets Insider VIP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjYePPvWYPU

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Dierking View Post
    There's a pretty decent chance this happens.

But at least they'll have the opportunity to fail in the playoffs (again) instead of failing their way to about 90 regular season losses (again).
    Last edited by TheMikeIsHot; 10-05-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    There's a pretty decent chance this happens.

But at least they'll have the opportunity to fail in the playoffs (again) instead of failing their way to about 90 regular season losses (again).
    .....And..being the moderate, even handed person I am...I wont even search for the sg3 Yank mocking posts from the beginning of the season when the Mets were hot and the Yanks not so much.

Pretty friggin embarrassing in hind-sight.

But I digress.