Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Sanchez Lack Emotional and/or Metal Toughness?

Does Sanchez Lack Emotional and/or Metal Toughness?

Since it apepars someone deleted the "Is Sanchez a *****" thread, assumedly for the "*****" portion or some uncivil exchange within, I am re-starting the topic as the core issue, Sanchez and his mental and emotional toughness, warrants discussion.

So, the question posted (in less profane language) is as follows:

Does mark Sanchez lack mental and/or emotional toughness, and does that lack (if it exists) pose a core component of his inconsistent and often poor play?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    No

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Since it apepars someone deleted the "Is Sanchez a *****" thread, assumedly for the "*****" portion or some uncivil exchange within, I am re-starting the topic as the core issue, Sanchez and his mental and emotional toughness, warrants discussion.

Does mark Sanchez lack mental and/or emotional toughness, and does that lack (if it exists) pose a core component of his inconsistent and often poor play?
    He lacks Blocking, Receiving and a running game. He may not be great, but he is not the problem. Bad drafting and the wasting of picks to put "sizzle" on the steak has taken its toll.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway

#6 puts on a good front, but deep down, yes. I think he is quite fragile, and quite frankly, probably knows by this point he is not a very good NFL QB.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by DUNCCFP View Post
    He lacks Blocking, Receiving and a running game. He may not be great, but he is not the problem. Bad drafting and the wasting of picks to put "sizzle" on the steak has taken its toll.

All Pro

Yes, I feel his former coach knew what he was talking about him being not ready.

Jets Insider VIP
    He handles the media really well, always says the right things, is a great teammate. But his one problem is he just completely tanks after one mistake. He gets so down and you can see it on his face. I'm not sure if it's immaturity or what, but he can't keep pouting and sulking after an INT or bad play, even if his OL sucks, his RBs suck, and his WRs suck.

I never hated the guy, but I always thought he was a bit immature.

All League
    He has the metal toughness of a sheet of tin foil.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    #6 puts on a good front, but deep down, yes. I think he is quite fragile, and quite frankly, probably knows by this point he is not a very good NFL QB.
    +1

Sanchez taps out of games he's getting pummeled in, like in Baltimore, in Pitt, etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Barring a total collapse of the offense again, and that's likely, we will find out what he is made of monday night.

Mark, you're good enough, smart enough, and when you're not throwing lame brained interceptions, people like you...

Not mentally or physically tough at all. However not all of it is his fault. Year one he ran a few times and got bopped, of course the media expressed concern that a franchise Qb would be taking shots and our coaches in their laughing style said 'He won't be doing that anymore I'll tell ya.'

They preached to him to not run, not be aggressive, not to take a hit but check down. so now he almost never runs even if there is a semi truck sized running lane in front of him and if he gets bopped early he is ruined for the game. In my mind he has a poor pocket presence and reaction to hits as much because he was coddled and told not avoid hits at all cost as much as actually getting smacked.

All Pro
    He is tough enough. Just not accurate enough. Or able to make quick enough decisions.

He is neither accurate enough, smart enough, aware enough,

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    He is tough enough. Just not accurate enough. Or able to make quick enough decisions.
    He is tough, evidenced by not missing any time after you see him take some horrendous shots, I totally agree.

I also agree that his is not accurate and can not make quick decisions and this is YEAR 4. I've seen enough. And anyone who wants to say that,"Oh, now he'll go to another team and make the Hall of Fame"...no he won't, he'll be a career back-up, if he even stays in football. I swear, the second he was drafted, in my gut I felt this would happen. I just felt Woody Johnson wanted to put his face on a billboard, but I hoped for the best.

Now I just reheard a clip from Sirius, where the Giants Bob Papa disparagingly said,"Sanchez, some of the throws he makes, you just have to step back and shake your head and ask,"Do you actually do this for a living?". Jets are now being mocked Nationally, again, F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With our "Sanchize" "QB" out front.

I asked myself that last Sunday (about whether he does this for a living), not on the 101st tip at the line INT, but on the one he airmailed 20 feet over the WR's head where he had a clean pocket, time, and a totally clear throwing lane, his accuracy is so limited that he should really be out of the league totally. How can a guy whose 99% of his career pass attempts have been from 0-15 yards be that inaccurate? What's most sickening is that Tannenbaum locked him up to destroy NEXT year, when Baltimore plays hardball with soon to be Elite QB Joe Flacco, making him play under his rookie contract.

Oh yeah, Ryan Tannehill put up 430 yards for Miami against maybe the best D in the League...Arizona, who the f**k are his WR's????? That's for anyone who wants to make excuses for Sanchez on the next disaster Monday Night. Sanchez, at anytime in his first 4 years could never put up 150 yards against that Arizona D.

We now have not only the worst QB's in the NFL, but also in the AFC East...and Sanchez is locked in for next year haha.

I'm so angry, I'm really starting to hate this organization. I hope they get stomped every game, no one shows up at the new stadium, because that's the only way it might get better. They've really lost 6 of their last 7 (Miami wasn't a win), and got blasted in 4 of them. They haven't beaten a winning team since 2010....that DOES NOT happen when you have a FRANCHISE QB.

West Coast, surfer type…
    Throw physical toughness out the window.
    If you are not mentally tough, you’re not tough period.

Name another QB you feel strongly that Sanchez could take in a fight?

Also I want a guy who is pissed off when his team goes 3 and out or other teams hurt him, or he throws a pick. I want a guy who is cocky and can’t wait to get back in the game to make them pay/get revenge.

Mark is soft, he gets hit, throws a pick, fumbles, etc.. and he sulks and goes into a shell.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    West Coast, surfer type…
    Throw physical toughness out the window.
    If you are not mentally tough, you’re not tough period.

Name another QB you feel strongly that Sanchez could take in a fight?

Also I want a guy who is pissed off when his team goes 3 and out or other teams hurt him, or he throws a pick. I want a guy who is cocky and can’t wait to get back in the game to make them pay/get revenge.

Mark is soft, he gets hit, throws a pick, fumbles, etc.. and he sulks and goes into a shell.
    4th year and counting. he is who he is.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    4th year and counting. he is who he is.
    So why a 5th year?....Guaranteed haha

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFAN 40 View Post
    Yes, I feel his former coach knew what he was talking about him being not ready.
    That had absolutely nothing to do with Pete Carrol saying Sanchez should stay in school. That was Carrol wanting 1 last shot at a championship before the school was slammed for NCAA violations.

As to the OP, I believe there is something to it. Sanchez seems like too much of a nice guy. Too much of a good soldiers who wants to make everyone happy and fit in. There is not enough of FU in him.