Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plaxico can replace Holmes and then some!!!

The "and then some" in the title makes this dump-worthy.

There's a reason nobody else signed him either.

All League
    I find it hard to believe his is any worse than what try have now, but must be pretty obvious to every team in the league.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    There's a reason nobody else signed him either.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Ummmm, ok?

Dude, i dont like plax. Dont want him here.

Just curious why he had similar #'s to Santoni-HO, and yet he isnt on a team, thats really all.

I will think more before i post.
    Both are malcontents, but Holmes had guaranteed money coming to him. So we were forced to keep Holmes. Pretty sure they would have let Holmes go too if they had that option.

Just because Plax put up equal numbers with a player that quit on our team doesn't make him rosterable. Plus, why sign a WR that our QB probably hates? Just makes zero sense to sign Plax. With that said, i wouldn not object to signing a guy like Chad Johnson or TO at this point.

Jets Insider VIP
    This is how I equate signing Plax because his numbers were comparable to Holmes...

If I step in sh!t with one foot, I don't think I would use that to rationalize stepping in sh!t with the other one.

Just sayin'

Signing Plax would only be good if the Jets could get down to the red zone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    He had almost 50 rec last yr comin from fed prison.. Sign him to replace Holmes now.. why not? He says he is in some of the best shape of his life. Giv Burress another shot bc Holmes is done with jets.
    Almost 50 catches, wow, stop the presses

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    It is important we lose every single game from here on out. Our roster is perfect for that constructed as is. Dont mess with it.
    Last year they had the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign.

Do we SUCK FOR GENO?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Last year they had the SUCK FOR LUCK campaign.

Do we SUCK FOR GENO?
    No, because we can't find any word that rhymes with GENO.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    You're right, Plax is great and you clearly know more than every GM in the NFL that passed on him.
    Belichick wanted him but Plaxico Burress asked for too much money.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Both are malcontents, but Holmes had guaranteed money coming to him. So we were forced to keep Holmes. Pretty sure they would have let Holmes go too if they had that option.

Just because Plax put up equal numbers with a player that quit on our team doesn't make him rosterable. Plus, why sign a WR that our QB probably hates? Just makes zero sense to sign Plax. With that said, i wouldn not object to signing a guy like Chad Johnson or TO at this point.
    So Plaxico Burress is done coming off almost 700 yards and 8tds last season but Chad Johnson, a wife beater who was done 3 years ago, is preferable? What team did TO play for last year?

If we get blown out out 42-0 by the Texans you're going to see Tanny signing Plaxico Burress. People are underrating how bad the Santonio Holmes injury was for us without him we're probably 0-4 right now instead of 2-2.