Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bobby V canned!

All League
    Indians announce Terry Francona as their new manager.

Hmmm...not sure this is the best of all possible fits for him. I think his talents are best suited to big market teams. But I'm happy for him and wish him well.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by BushyTheBeaver View Post
    Indians announce Terry Francona as their new manager.

Hmmm...not sure this is the best of all possible fits for him. I think his talents are best suited to big market teams. But I'm happy for him and wish him well.
    Really? Interesting. I thought he was pretty good on TV. I guess ESPN is just a holding pattern for these manager cast-offs.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Four thoughts:

A: The effect of a MLB manager on a team's performance is highly overated. It takes years to build a team and years to trash a team. The Red Sox 2012 performance was put together for years. Valentine just added some rodeo clowns to the collapse.

B:
    Boston hired Valentine, 62, last December following the fallout of the 2011 season, when the Red Sox collapsed down in September and missed the postseason.
    Agin this should not be a shocker to anyone

C: It is never a good thing when you allow the press and fans to runa player and or a coach/manager off the team. In fact it is a really, really, really, bad thing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Four thoughts:

A: The effect of a MLB manager on a team's performance is highly overated. It takes years to build a team and years to trash a team. The Red Sox 2012 performance was put together for years. Valentine just added some rodeo clowns to the collapse.

B: Agin this should not be a shocker to anyone

C: It is never a good thing when you allow the press and fans to runa player and or a coach/manager off the team. In fact it is a really, really, really, bad thing.
    Your point A starts off OK but the rest of the post kinda devolves after that. Plus how do you follow the lead in "Four thoughts" with points A, B, and C?