Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you settle for a moral victory Monday night?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Would you settle for a moral victory Monday night?

My question is, would you be OK with a hard fought loss if the team played reasonably well?

I'm defining moral victory as it is a 1 possession game going into the 4th quarter. Even if that meant the Texans pulled away a little late and won by 10 or something.

I'd take it especially if Sanchez played pretty well. I realize that for him to play well, our lesser talented skill players would have to win their matchups against the more talented Texans defenders, which is not very likely. But still, I'd like to see him put up a decent game.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    WLF?

NO!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a win.

That said, IF they lose I hope it's not a trainwreck. If the Jets are outscored by 3 touchdowns and the team looks lost and unmotivated, this season is toast...as will be Tanny, Rex and/or Sanchez. Trust me, SOMEONE (at least 1 person, maybe more) will take the fall if the Jets embarrass themselves on Monday Night.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    I want a win.

That said, IF they lose I hope it's not a trainwreck. If the Jets are outscored by 3 touchdowns and the team looks lost and unmotivated, this season is toast...as will be Tanny, Rex and/or Sanchez. Trust me, SOMEONE (at least 1 person, maybe more) will take the fall if the Jets embarrass themselves on Monday Night.
    No one will be fired if the Jets fail to show up on Monday night.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It would certainly be better than getting completely dismantled again. At least show some resiliency for a change.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a win.

Texans D is so good and our O is so undermanned, we could actually play reasonably well (especially on D) and still lose by 3 TDs. Hate to say that but it is true, lol

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    My question is, would you be OK with a hard fought loss if the team played reasonably well?

I'm defining moral victory as it is a 1 possession game going into the 4th quarter. Even if that meant the Texans pulled away a little late and won by 10 or something.

I'd take it especially if Sanchez played pretty well. I realize that for him to play well, our lesser talented skill players would have to win their matchups against the more talented Texans defenders, which is not very likely. But still, I'd like to see him put up a decent game.
    Sanchez is one of the lesser talented skill players. There are no moral victories in pro sports, only wins and losses.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I'm not saying necessarily fired but Sanchez could take the fall in the form of a benching. Woody looks to have an itchy trigger finger and if Tannenbaum/Rex think they're starting to get in danger they won't hesitate to go with the guy the owner seems to want (Tebow). JMHO.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a win.

Cmon man, you of all people know what will happen if theyre blown out Monday night -- nothing. Rex will say "no question it was unacceptable, but this is a talented team. I expect us to show that next week."

Rinse, repeat. Thats all this team does.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

Definitely would take that. I'm not sure what the money line is, but if the Jets are anything less than +500, I would put a ton of money on the Texans. If I bet that is.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Isn't that sad in iself?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Isn't that sad in iself?
    Kind of, but its the reality of it all.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Sanchez is one of the lesser talented skill players. There are no moral victories in pro sports, only wins and losses.
    Yeah for the players on the team. But for the fans? Reality is, the Jets are very outmanned in this game. Anyone can see that. If they play hard, I think we can enjoy a good team effort and hope they use it as a springboard to later success.

The Giants used 2 moral victories as springboards to 2 SB titles. How soon our fanbase forgets that....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would that help us get to the Moral-offs?

And if so, would it help us proceed on to the Moral Bowl?

No?

Then no.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutley not.

I watch for W's.

Id rather be a sojf than settle for good performances, or "bright spots"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We may not care as fans right now because we already know our fate this year.
    But Rex on the other hand needs a moral victory.
    If this team shows any type of quit after Rex admittedly "lost the pulse" of the team last year losing his last three games he will be a GONER! & rightly so.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No... Playing close or getting blown out is the same thing. A loss...

Either win or lose, no moral victories.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Cmon man, you of all people know what will happen if theyre blown out Monday night -- nothing. Rex will say "no question it was unacceptable, but this is a talented team. I expect us to show that next week."

Rinse, repeat. Thats all this team does.
    Yes, I know what Rex would say and I know what the spin machine would do, but look, if the Jets get shutout last week at home and get blown out on MNF then SOME change is going to be pushed by Woody, don't you think?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Would that help us get to the Moral-offs?

And if so, would it help us proceed on to the Moral Bowl?

No?

Then no.
    Did the Giants losing 38-35 to the Packers last year help them get to the playoffs? All their players said it was turning point of their season and last I checked, their season turned out pretty good. Not that I would expect most Jet fans to know much about the type of season the Giants had last year.

Any fan acting like my suggestion is crazy: Look at the Texans roster. Look at ours. You're seriously expecting win?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too early to go for a draft choice.