Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Would you settle for a moral victory Monday night?

Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    Would I be happy, no

But, I can at least have pride in a team that fights hard and goes down in defeat

Getting blown out at home and being accused of quiting, thats not a team that I can be proud of

If they come out, look like a professional football team for gods sake, keep it within a score of two, then I can at least not be ashamed of them
    That was my whole point. Of course I want a W, but I also don't want the team being ripped all week by the media and Giant fans and everyone else because they got blown out. No one will say anything if we lose a close one to the Texans

Jets Insider VIP
    We will lose by 3 tds monday night. only 11 more losses to go after that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Yes, a good competitive game against the best team in football could erase a lot of negative feelings and springboard a playoff run. I don't think it's a crazy suggestion, the craziness only comes from the unlikelihood that this game will be competitive. The team that shares a stadium with us has twice in the past 5 years used a competitive loss against a great team to springboard a playoff run. If that isn't evidence enough of it (right before our eyes), I don't know what is.
    This + it means the team hasn't given up (as some of you think). Given our schedule the second half of the season, we'd still be able to make a run.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    We will lose by 3 tds monday night. only 11 more losses to go after that.
    Question; Does some pee in your Cheerios EVERY day?

Jets Insider VIP
    we'd still be able to make a run.
    Make a run at what? Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cannot compete with Hou, NE, Pitt, Balt etc. Our offense cant score.

It is imperative that we lose every game from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Has it come to this?

Really?
    Sanchez somehow putting it together as a QB this year could mean the difference between rebuilding and reloading. Realize it's a stretch (and a sad state of affairs), but I would definitely take a handful of "moral victories" if it meant the QB position wasn't going to be a top priority in the offseason.

This was not a SB-caliber team with Holmes and Revis on the field, so with both of them gone for the year I'm thinking long term. I'd like to see guys like Hill, Ellis, Wilkerson, Powell and Coples (and most importantly Sanchez) show us that their respective positions might actually be solid in 2013.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Houston is gonna kick the living sh*t out of us, no holding to 10 points for 3/4 of the game this time.

Teams that look for moral victories are 5 win or less teams that are LOSER teams. If there is a sense of a moral victory it will mean we have given up and accept our fate as a team that has zero chance to do anything this year.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    No... Playing close or getting blown out is the same thing. A loss...

Either win or lose, no moral victories.
    This! I just hope we don't play like were already defeated at the start of the buzzer. What I mean is, no 2 runs a pass then punt. I want the Jets to attack their defense like a cage animal. Tons of deep passes, even it ends up in a pick. Mark is already under 50% might as well keep heaving it out there....then punt

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

The only thing that could be worse than getting killed by Houston is having Brooks Reed's dad come and rub it in. He won't last long though, of that I can assure you.

(I think he just got wind of Brooks' name being mentioned on the interwebz - he should be here shortly).

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Make a run at what? Wake up people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We cannot compete with Hou, NE, Pitt, Balt etc. Our offense cant score.

It is imperative that we lose every game from here on out.
    This is just sick. So true, but sick. Gonna really focus on the NCAA prospects this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Sanchez somehow putting it together as a QB this year could mean the difference between rebuilding and reloading. Realize it's a stretch (and a sad state of affairs), but I would definitely take a handful of "moral victories" if it meant the QB position wasn't going to be a top priority in the offseason.

This was not a SB-caliber team with Holmes and Revis on the field, so with both of them gone for the year I'm thinking long term. I'd like to see guys like Hill, Ellis, Wilkerson, Powell and Coples (and most importantly Sanchez) show us that their respective positions might actually be solid in 2013.
    Its sad, but its just better if he continues to suck, Tebow starts and sucks, and we all know we need a QB from that point on.

Its really the least hurtful way.

You dont want Sanchez to catch "fire" and lead us to another 8-8 record, keep his job for another year, and have this all repeat itself again?

I would certainly feel better if the Jets kept it close and played respectably on Monday, as opposed to rolling over like they did last Sunday.

But at the end of the day, a loss is a loss.

I won't really feel good unless they win.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post

Its sad, but its just better if he continues to suck, Tebow starts and sucks, and we all know we need a QB from that point on.

Its really the least hurtful way.

You dont want Sanchez to catch "fire" and lead us to another 8-8 record, keep his job for another year, and have this all repeat itself again?
    You're right. There's no value in going through this cycle all over again.

My thoughts in this thread were really more out of principle than personal belief. I don't think Sanchez will ever put it together, and if that's true then there's no value in squeaking out a handful of wins.

But as a Jets fan, I have to pray for miracles. Standard hope has never been enough with this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Question; Does some pee in your Cheerios EVERY day?
    Ask the colts fans what they thought about there 2-14 season last year. They are now watching andy luck sling it all over the place and they have a stud qb for the next 15 years.

So go ahead and root for this no talent bunch of scrubs to at best sqweak out 5 wins and miss out on all the top qbs.

When we end up 2-14 and have jay gruden running a real nfl offense with geno smith slinging it all over, youll be asking me to come over and piss in ur cheerios.