Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney wants to get rid of PBS......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Public funded broadcasts in general is an unbiased look at any issue because there is no private funding agendas.
    More laffs / BS from the unhinged American Taliban with bad grammar to boot.

"Those who can't do, teach" - the byword for Jetsinsideher libs/crypto-libs
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 10-06-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This off the cuff comment about PBS/Big Bird could potential do Romney in. It once again shows how disconnected the Republican party is from middle class people. Public funded broadcasts in general is an unbiased look at any issue because there is no private funding agendas. You said it yourself in your post Doggin, you chose this for your kids to protect them, and Other worthwhile shows, like the News Hour, would likely disappear entirely. This is what "big business" does when it gets involved in politics presently, takes away choice pushing it own agenda. Factor in the numbers that PBS costs to run and it becomes laughable. It was Nightly News (abc) that stated that to run PBS it is .012 of the budget yearly. Its what the Pentagon spends every 4 hours!
    It's absolutely frightening how disconnected from reality a person who is around kids is

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Overconfidence from the Jets game may cost the Niners the postseason.

For all I know you could be following up your first sentence with clear cut directions to a pot of gold and the formula to cold fusion - but I ain't gonna read it.
    Typical Republican response, you know best and wont even consider listening to anyone else.

No PBS?

Then no totally unbiased news in the land of the free (wink, wink)

Stalin and Hitler controlled their people by controlling the media.

Taking away PBS is one less voice from the people.

Romney thought he was being cute with the Big Bird comment but an intelligent voter can see right through it.

He wont fight to protect the citizens from ridiculous spending in the military and the banks on Wall St but Sesame Street? Bringit on! ROFLMAO!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    More laffs / BS from the unhinged American Taliban with bad grammar to boot.

"Those who can't do, teach" - the byword for Jetsinsideher libs/crypto-libs
    Those who teach, teach. Those who cant teach make up laws about teaching.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    It's absolutely frightening how disconnected from reality a person who is around kids is
    My professionally trained supervisors from 3 different schools, former students, former coached athletes, and your Republican driven standardized testing would say your wrong based on the last 15 years of my career with satisfactory grades on every observation had.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those who want summers off, easy college major and little accountabilty teach. Those who work, provide the taxes for them
    fixed.

Sorry...I defend you all day on the landing strip.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 10-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Those who teach, teach. Those who cant teach make up laws about teaching.
    Those who can, Do. Those who can't, Teach. Those who can't do either make up the rules.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    fixed.

Sorry...I defend you all day on the landing strip.
    you da man SP

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Typical Republican response, you know best and wont even consider listening to anyone else.

No PBS?

Then no totally unbiased news in the land of the free (wink, wink)

Romney thought he was being cute with the Big Bird comment but an intelligent voter can see right through it.

He wont fight to protect the citizens from ridiculous spending in the military and the banks on Wall St but Sesame Street? Bringit on! ROFLMAO!
    Lol, Stalin and Hitler

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Lol, Stalin and Hitler
    Right, could never happen, because the politicians in this country are looking out for the citizens and could care less about power and money

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My professionally trained supervisors from 3 different schools, former students, former coached athletes, and your Republican driven standardized testing would say your wrong based on the last 15 years of my career with satisfactory grades on every observation had.
    Oh now the testing is effective?

If my kid was a student enrolled in your class, and I got wind of how delusional you are, I would pull him/her out immediately.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Um.....Stalin and Hitler controlled the media WITH the Government.

PBS is controlled by the Government.

PBS is the voice of Government. Not the people.

An intelligent voter would relaize that in 2012, with 8,000 channels available, there is no legitimate need for a directly Government Funded/Controlled Channel. The worthwhile content on PBS would find homes on other stations in minutes, probably less.

He wont fight to protect the citizens from.....the banks on Wall St but Sesame Street? Bringit on! ROFLMAO!
    How much did Obama give the "banks on Wall Street" via TARP and the other bailouts?

Exactly.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Um.....Stalin and Hitler controlled the media WITH the Government.

PBS is controlled by the Government.

PBS is the voice of Government. Not the people.

An intelligent voter would relaize that in 2012, with 8,000 channels available, there is no legitimate need for a directly Government Funded/Controlled Channel. The worthwhile content on PBS would find homes on other stations in minutes, probably less.

How much did Obama give the "banks on Wall Street" via TARP and the other bailouts?

Exactly.
    Currently politicians like Mayor Bloomberg have Ruppert Murdock in his back pocket trying to push the agenda of breaking all unions amongst other things that all billionaire business men want. It benefits both of them.

PBS has little to no commercials unlike the other 1000 plus channels you speak of. There are little to no corporate hidden agendas in their programing. It's budget is so miniscule that Romney comes off as a bully. Educated citizens know how important PBS is.

Obama is not with criticism
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    No he didn't, he pandered to the base by picking on a miniscule little item that they hate.

YEAH PBS IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Sacred cows are Military, Medicare and Social Security.

If he ever brings up defense I'll say he had some balls.
    Obama brought nothing up at all, so I guess he must be clueless. But then again most people knew that already.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    Obama brought nothing up at all, so I guess he must be clueless. But then again most people knew that already.
    Obama has presented solutions, Romneys only solutions are to force his Mormon "values" on us and get rid of PBS

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently politicians like Mayor Bloomberg have Ruppert Murdock in his back pocket trying to push the agenda of breaking all unions amongst other things that all billionaire business men want. It benefits both of them.
    Figured you'd just skip right over how foolish your "Hitler and Stalin" comment was, and go right back to the same old same old. Suprised no mention of "Bush's No Child Left Behind".....

PBS has little to no commercials unlike the other 1000 plus channels you speak of. There are little to no corporate hidden agendas in their programing. It's budget is so miniscule that Romney comes off as a bully. Educated citizens know how important PBS is.
    Pretty weak backhanded insult. I'm educated enough to know a poorly crafted, poorly defended argument when I hear one. PBS is not important in and of itself, and any material it broadcasts that is (like S.S.) would VERY quickly find a home elsewhere, without having to be funded by taxpayers.

Put simply, there is no human right to comercial free TV on the taxpayer dime. In a test of PBS as a vital service, it fails, in almost every way, to validate it's expenditure given the other options that exist, and the viabillity of it's best programming on other, private, channels.

Obama is not with criticism
    What does that mean, exactly?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simple question for the libs, Since we the American taxpayer pay for Bigbird & co. Shouldn't we the American taxpayer be getting the $45,000,000.00 from product licensing instead of the Henson corp. ????? HUH????

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right, could never happen, because the politicians in this country are looking out for the citizens and could care less about power and money
    I guess that means the end of CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN and MSNBC also. These are all right wing mouthpieces, I suppose.
    NPR is certainly unbiased. As far as Sesame Street et al, they make a BOATLOAD of money on their products in stores. Essentially we are subsidizing TV shows which are commercials to sell product.
    If a network is worthwhile it will stand on its own. The same as a product should.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    .012% of the Federal Budget

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Figured you'd just skip right over how foolish your "Hitler and Stalin" comment was, and go right back to the same old same old. Suprised no mention of "Bush's No Child Left Behind".....

Pretty weak backhanded insult. I'm educated enough to know a poorly crafted, poorly defended argument when I hear one. PBS is not important in and of itself, and any material it broadcasts that is (like S.S.) would VERY quickly find a home elsewhere, without having to be funded by taxpayers.

Put simply, there is no human right to comercial free TV on the taxpayer dime. In a test of PBS as a vital service, it fails, in almost every way, to validate it's expenditure given the other options that exist, and the viabillity of it's best programming on other, private, channels.

What does that mean, exactly?
    Sorry, what I meant is that I do not agree with all that Obama stands for