Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Obama's Accomplishments (?)

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,937

    Obama's Accomplishments (?)

    Passing it on, could be total garbage, could be factual. But I saw is posted elsewhere, figured I;d share, and let the various sides fight over it if they like.

    4 years of this administration being in control,
    2 of those years with the house, senate and presidency:

    - Over 8% unemployment for 44 consecutive months, a
    record high in our history
    - Minority unemployment highest in 35 years
    - Young unemployment (16 - 25 year olds) highest since records kept in 1952
    - 36% increase in homelessness, highest increase under any president
    - 38% increase in those living at or below poverty, highest increase under any
    president
    - 25% increase in home foreclosures
    - Lowest consecutive GDPs in several decades
    - Worse recovery numbers in our history
    - 52% increase in the debt, highest increase in our history
    - Spent more in 4 years than all other administrations combined
    - 2 credit downgrades, the first in our history both under O
    - 3 debt ceiling increases in 3.5 years, a new record
    - First time in our history more entry level jobs created than skilled
    - First time in our history only 47% of workforce is full time
    - Wages have fallen $3,400 first time in many decades
    - First time in our history more people going on disability than getting jobs
    - First time in our history more people committing suicide than dying in car
    accidents
    - First time in our history going to war without congressional approval
    - 3 wars instead of 2
    - Lowest labor participation rates in 35 years
    - Historic high number of people out of the workforce
    - 4.5x more people on food stamps
    - 1 in 6 on welfare 4 years ago was 1 in 19
    - 52% of stimulus money went to foreign companies, including chrysler italian
    owned
    - First time in our history government has taken over the any industry
    - Energy costs up 32%
    - Gas prices have doubled
    - Medical insurance premiums up 32%
    - 15% more Americans WITHOUT healthcare than 4 years ago
    - Complains about oil companies getting $2.8 billion in "corp
    welfare" but then gives $90 billion of corp welfare to 9 green companies,
    7 of which were Bankrupt within 18 months, 2 took the money moved to China and
    started operations there.
    - American education has fallen vs other countries under O
    - First time an American ambassador has been killed since, well the first
    Carter administration

  2. #2
    As an outsider to this it seems to me Obama was handed a manure sandwich when he was elected POTUS, but frankly he really hasn't done much since then to improve the country that to my mind was wrecked by the previous incumbent.

    Debt is what is stopping the USA from better times - and Obama has done nothing to address that most glaring of issues affecting the future prosperity of the USA. Until something is done 8% + unemployment and creeping GDP growth are there to stay.

  3. #3
    If I've said it once, I've said it a dozen times. Barack Obama is a personality type "B". He's detatched, disinterested, unfocused and undisciplined.

    When you describe your debate preparation as a "drag" and "they're forcing me to do my homework" you're a personality type "B".

    The head of any organization, especially the Untied States federal government, needs to be a personality type "A".

    Mitt Romney is a personality type "A". As is Bill Clinton, Michael Bloomberg, Andrew Cuomo, et al.

    A personality type "A" is someone who is driven, resultes orinted, focused and disciplined.

    Barack Obama is entirely illsuited to be President of any organization and Mitt Romney is ideally suited to be President of any organization. That was on display last nignt.

    It's that simple!


  4. #4
    Wow! I actually thought for a second that Fish would publish a list of some of the positive things Obama accomplished.

  5. #5
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,937
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Wow! I actually thought for a second that Fish would publish a list of some of the positive things Obama accomplished.
    I'd be happy to read one if you have one.

    I'm not sure what he's done I (Libertarian Fiscal Conservative) would describe as an accomplishment tbh. Many of the things you'll be most proud of, I would find most objectionable policy-wise and ideals-wise.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'd be happy to read one if you have one.

    I'm not sure what he's done I (Libertarian Fiscal Conservative) would describe as an accomplishment tbh. Many of the things you'll be most proud of, I would find most objectionable policy-wise and ideals-wise.
    Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
    Support for Gay Marriage

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell
    Support for Gay Marriage
    Four years in office and that is all you've got?

    PS.

    Three and a half of those years he was against gay marriage...

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanPatsFan View Post
    Four years in office and that is all you've got?

    PS.

    Three and a half of those years he was against gay marriage...
    1) I?

    2) Those are the ones that, off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure 'Fish is down with

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,919
    Remember when Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize? Always good for some laughs...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    As an outsider to this it seems to me Obama was handed a manure sandwich when he was elected POTUS, but frankly he really hasn't done much since then to improve the country that to my mind was wrecked by the previous incumbent.

    Debt is what is stopping the USA from better times - and Obama has done nothing to address that most glaring of issues affecting the future prosperity of the USA. Until something is done 8% + unemployment and creeping GDP growth are there to stay.
    Serious question. Do you think that Bush caused the housing collapse with his policies? If so what specific Bush era policy led to the collapse.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Remember when Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize? Always good for some laughs...
    And it got laughs because he didn't deserve it..

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I'd be happy to read one if you have one.
    Or you could google "Obama's Accomplishments" There are plenty of lists. Now the fact that you disagree with them...Can't help you there. If you can give a list of Romney's I'm sure I would fell the same way.

    One man's "accomplishments" are another man's cluster****.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,842
    Sounds like Bill Clinton.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,345
    Keeps Joe Biden employed. Other than that, nothing.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,522
    OBL dead.
    Stabilizing the economy after collapse.
    Repeal of DADT.
    Support of Gay Marriage.
    We're out of Iraq.

    Then there's the kinda, half-victories:

    Obamacare - do I think it was better than the status quo before? Yes. But it is absolutely not the solution. We need socialized medicine, and Obamacare is not that. He let the GOP rule that debate, we couldn't even get a public option. And he lets Romney rule the healthcare debate this time around, when it's his (really, the Heritage Foundation's) f***ing plan made national!

    Drone Program - are we killing Al Qaeda directly and viciously? Yes. Is it unconstitutional? ...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    Stabilizing the economy after collapse.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by SafetyBlitz View Post
    OBL dead.
    Stabilizing the economy after collapse.
    Repeal of DADT.
    Support of Gay Marriage.
    We're out of Iraq.

    Then there's the kinda, half-victories:

    Obamacare - do I think it was better than the status quo before? Yes. But it is absolutely not the solution. We need socialized medicine, and Obamacare is not that. He let the GOP rule that debate, we couldn't even get a public option. And he lets Romney rule the healthcare debate this time around, when it's his (really, the Heritage Foundation's) f***ing plan made national!

    Drone Program - are we killing Al Qaeda directly and viciously? Yes. Is it unconstitutional? ...

    "He let the GOP rule that debate" with a supermajority. Sure kid. When you graduate there's a job waiting for you at the B. Hussein Library standing guard over a pile of rusting teleprompters.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    Serious question. Do you think that Bush caused the housing collapse with his policies? If so what specific Bush era policy led to the collapse.
    The housing collapse had multiple causes; the housing bubble leading up to it was ignored by the Bush administration because it was the politically expedient thing to do at the time. There was an oft repeated phrase at the time that the US economy was the "Goldilocks" economy: not too hot, and not too cold - just right - and that was no doubt what Bush was told. I can only blame Bush partially for listening to his "expert" economic advisors: after all, they were just parrotting what was held as conventional mainstream theory at the time - unfortunately we now know that that conventional mainstream theory is as wrong as Arnold Schwarznegger dressed in a tutu.

    So yeah, he did nothing to stop the housing bubble as it was happening - it did happen under his watch - but as I said he was only partially responsible for that because he was told by his advisors he was doing the right thing, or rather told nothing at all about a housing bubble. Pretty much like what Obama has done in the last 4 years - listening to yes-men and women who don't really have an idea of what they are doing or talking about.

    What I CAN blame Bush for, and where he did contribute to the bubble, was by cutting taxes and increasing spending - he turned a budget in surplus into drastic deficit, so when the bust finally came, your Federal government was greatly handicapped in its response. Further, that response, and there definitely had to be one, has added hugely to an already distended deficit and public debt. Frankly Bush finished the programs started under his Republican predecessor, his father (I rate Bush 1 as a good President for reasons I wont go into here), and Reagan....the son finally got to finish the job in Iraq, and he also got to continue the slaughter Reagan started on your public debt levels. And no, I don't believe any of the guff about a Democrat led Congress or whatever while Reagan was President.

    Maybe I'm biased: I'm an economic conservative and social progressive - and the Bush 2 years were the exact opposite of that. If the Republicans were true economic conservatives during the last 30 years, as they espouse to be, I don't think the housing bubble would have happened - or at least not to the extent that it did causing the effects that it did. Why? Because they not only contributed to the causes of the bubble (as, to be fair, did the Democrats) but also ignored their own conservative philosophies in terms of economic management.

  19. #19
    How about the Middle East ever since his 2009 speech in Egypt the **** has hit the fan there. The Muslim Brotherhood is like a cancer spreading across the Middle East!

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Farmingdale, NY
    Posts
    2,522
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    "He let the GOP rule that debate" with a supermajority. Sure kid. When you graduate there's a job waiting for you at the B. Hussein Library standing guard over a pile of rusting teleprompters.
    Yea, I wasn't actually talking about Congress - I was talking about the country-wide debate we had about healthcare. You know, the one about the death panels and eugenics... communism and nazism.

    Meanwhile every other industrialized democratic nation in the world has a better healthcare system than us, and all of them have a greater degree of socialism.

    Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    How about the Middle East ever since his 2009 speech in Egypt the **** has hit the fan there. The Muslim Brotherhood is like a cancer spreading across the Middle East!
    Yea, cuz, you know... he did all that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us