Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tannenbaum coming up on MIchael Kay Show-ESPN 98.7

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfellow View Post
    oh boy..........no we're really in trouble.

jf
    Maybe the only thing he has going for him, although I sort of wish he was a (D) so Woody would fire him sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Excited to see the progress of Coples and Wilkerson.

Interview was basically a waste of time. They didn't fire off any real hard pressed questions. No balls.
    Yeah, Kaye and the other dude didn't exactly challenge Bean Counter. Then again ESPN carries the Jets.

He just mentioned Jason Hill as attacking a problem and coming up with a solution.
    Jason Hill is a better fit then any of the older player options.

it's pretty obvious Mangini was calling the personnel shots from 2006-2008 while Tannenbaum counted the beans. Favre was the exception, Woody Johnson made that call.

Rex got by in 2009/10 from the Mangini era holdovers.

Now Rex and Tannenbaum are faced with the task of building their own roster and they are proving their ineptness.

We need a real GM.
    Last edited by JetsCrazey; 10-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    When I look at a cheese grinder, an alligator's mouth, and a hole in an oak tree I think to myself one of them is a better fit for my dick than the others, but none of them are gonna be enjoyable.
    Last edited by Snell41; 10-04-2012 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    it's pretty obvious Mangini was calling the personnel shots from 2006-2008 while Tannenbaum counted the beans. Favre was the exception, Woody Johnson made that call.

Rex got by in 2009/10 from the Mangini era holdovers.

Now Rex and Tannenbaum are faced with the task of building their own roster and they are proving their ineptness.

We need a real GM.
    Oh gawd. Here we go again. Smh
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-04-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Oh gawd. Here we go again. Smh
    Do you disagree? Or are you tired of the topic? I can handle the latter, but Tanny needs to go. His general philosophy and his tendency to rely on his HC for scouting is not a good thing (excellent GMs are really good with player evaluation on their own)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Do you disagree? Or are you tired of the topic? I can handle the latter, but Tanny needs to go. His general philosophy and his tendency to rely on his HC for scouting is not a good thing (excellent GMs are really good with player evaluation on their own)
    He doesn't rely on his HC for scouting.

Learn the Jets structure.

Please look at the bios within the below link

As info - Jeff Bauer replaced Clinkscales as VP of College Scouting.

To answer your question - Bradway, Scott Cohen, Brendan Prophet, Aaron Glenn and Wooden duties include the Pro level...

http://www.newyorkjets.com/ms/media-...t_staff-2.html
    Some info:
    Top secret: Inside the Jets' war room

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...-good-thoughts

New York Jets almost missed out on Shonn Greene because of GM Mike Tannenbaum

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...adway-scouting

Jets Mix Serendipity With Study in Draft

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/18/sp...gewanted=print
    Last edited by C Mart; 10-04-2012 at 06:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    You're excited to watch Jason Hill lineup on Monday Night?

Hall Of Fame
    He just mentioned Jason Hill as attacking a problem and coming up with a solution.
    Attacking the problem would have been addressing it this summer, waiting for two guys to get injured is grasping at straws.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Attacking the problem would have been addressing it this summer, waiting for two guys to get injured is grasping at straws.
    For the win!

Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Kay just asked Tanny if he thinks Tanny sounds a lot like NJ Gov Chris Christie. I don't get it? Lots of non-answers to the question at hand?

I don't see the comparison. Like him or not, the NJ gov at least comes off as prepared and knowledgeable on whatever subject he's discussing. Tanny just sounds like a bumbling, clueless idiot whenever he's interviewed. Not since Steve Gutman have I been so embarrassed by the head of the Jets organization.
    Last edited by Toooon; 10-04-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Kay is such a b*tch. He was absolutely ripping the Jets before Tanny came on (or maybe it was after), then says nothing of substance when he has him on the air.

+i (imaginary number)

Veteran
    I lost total confidence in Tannenbaum. The whole interview made me sick. I know he is supposed to be positive and not say the ship is sinking but cmon, he said "we are excited about monday". Excited is not the word I would use. Then he says that there are "real positives the first 4 games of the season" Where?? is he blind?? There is NOTHING positive about this team.

then I almost spilled my coffee when he says..
    "It depends on how you define greatness," he said. "I define the success of a quarterback by wins and losses and we've won a lot of games with Mark and Rex and that's proved to be a winning combination." really?? how about maybe we won because the defense/running game carried us in 2009 and 2010. So just because he won a lot of games, that means he is the same class of brady, manning, brees, Rodgers, and all the elite QBs in the league. No wonder we stink, he can't even define what makes a good QB.

I am glad that Don La Greca did push Tanny with "GNP" how it doesn't work in the NFL. Of course tanny disagreed with him and believes in GNP. He believes you can win in the league by "controlling the game". Last time I checked, in the last 10 years maybe only the Tampa bay bucs won the SB that way but they had one of the best defenses in the history in the NFL. And we are nowhere near that. Not even close.

more from our clueless gm.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum threw more support behind Shonn Greene in a recent radio interview with 98.7 ESPN New York.
    "The running game is going to be focused through Shonn," Tannenbaum said. "Hes been a good player and, again, he hasnt played up to the standard that hes hoped, but over three years weve seen him do a lot of good things and along with Bilal (Powell) we think there is a good foundation to have a productive running game." The delusion Jets have the NFL's 24th-ranked rushing offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    more from our clueless gm.

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum threw more support behind Shonn Greene in a recent radio interview with 98.7 ESPN New York.
    "The running game is going to be focused through Shonn," Tannenbaum said. "Hes been a good player and, again, he hasnt played up to the standard that hes hoped, but over three years weve seen him do a lot of good things and along with Bilal (Powell) we think there is a good foundation to have a productive running game." The delusion Jets have the NFL's 24th-ranked rushing offense.
    Really? That high?

Super Bowl.

x10000

He doesn't rely on his HC for scouting.

Learn the Jets structure.

I agree that he doesn't lean on the HC for scouting, but the HC has been known to influence his decisions...i.e. Quinton Coples. Rex told Coples at his workout that if he was there, they were going to draft him.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    I agree that he doesn't lean on the HC for scouting, but the HC has been known to influence his decisions...i.e. Quinton Coples. Rex told Coples at his workout that if he was there, they were going to draft him.
    We have all learned Rex says a lot of BS.

Coples was rated as a top half of the 1st round pick so just becuz Rex said that it doesn't mean that was the reason/factor Coples was the Jets pick.

If the Jets scouts and such had a 2nd round grade on Coples I doubt he would have been the pick. At least I would hope not