Thread: According to STATS Jets have only 5 drops only 6 teams have fewer

According to STATS Jets have only 5 drops only 6 teams have fewer

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/t...e=NFL&rank=232

I know I know if they kept a stat for "most times WR ran the wrong route" the Jets would lead the league by a mile just like they led the league by a mile in drops

Just waiting for the next spin...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post

I know I know if they kept a stat for "most times WR ran the wrong route" the Jets would lead the league by a mile just like they led the league by a mile in drops

Sanchez is bad... but that stat is seriously off... is it spin if I say that Sanchez has played like garbage AND our offense has played like crap around him. People seem to want to make it all Sanchez. It's not... the whole thing is broken, no quick fix. Gonna have to blow the offense up in the offseason and at the very least the FO. I am probably one of few that wants to hold on to Rex if we can.

Jets Insider VIP
    Some punctuation in the title would be nice.

The stats are wrong. Hill has at least 5 on his own. Holmes has at least 3 or 4, and other WRs must have a couple more.

Regardless of the drops, Sanchez has been absolutely HORRIBLE this year. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 5 wide open WRs that he missed through the first 3 games (haven't re-watched the 49er game, too disgusted), 3 of which were TDs. That's not even counting the throw to Cumberland on the goal line when he was pressured.

what's the stat on sh*tty throws by the QB and QB/WR miscommunications?

Going by "official" drops, we only had 1 dropped pass through the first 2 games. I have no idea how they classify drops, or if they leave it to the person charting each game. Some people don't classify incompletions that result from contact with a defender to be drops, but passes broken up.

I'll ignore their drop numbers the same way I ignore almost every site that tracks "pressures," another stat that has a lot of gray area. Pressures should only be recorded during the first 4 seconds of a play, and a tackle that forces the rusher wide, allowing the QB to step up, shouldn't be penalized with a pressure allowed.

I think the spin is (like QBR) that those stats are garbage.

Then bring up the AFC Championship, the wins and the comebacks. Then Schottenheimer, then the few games in college, then the shuffling of players on the offense..... [I could keep going for another hour, but will stop here for my own sanity]

If excuses were touchdowns Mark Sanchez would be destined for the Hall of Fame.

Hall Of Fame
    I think everyone can agree the number is higher than that. However that is not our only problem our offense has. If we had 0 drops we still would be 2-2.

All League
    PFF charts those as well and they credit the Jets with 7 drops, which is tied for 18th most. 11 QBs have fewer drops.

Hill - 3
    Holmes - 2
    Tuner - 1
    Powell - 1

Well my points is even if the stat is slightly off by a few, Jets definitely do not lead the league and Sanchez has not had it so much worse.

Eli for instance has had more WR drops than almost any QB in the league and dude is on pace for 5,200 yards passing. Made Barden look like a star (guarantee he would be called complete scrub if he were on Jets). Has barely any running game.

Just saying you can't blame everything on supporting cast, a good QB finds a way to still have some success

Well my points is even if the stat is slightly off by a few, Jets definitely do not lead the league and Sanchez has not had it so much worse.

Eli for instance has had more WR drops than almost any QB in the league and dude is on pace for 5,200 yards passing. Made Barden look like a star (guarantee he would be called complete scrub if he were on Jets). Has barely any running game.

Just saying you can't blame everything on supporting cast, a good QB finds a way to still have some success
    I don't think there are many who are saying that on JI anymore. I do think Sanchez has had bad support, I also think he has played like garbage. Again this whole thing needs an overhaul, putting in a great QB wouldn't even fix this mess.

Hill has 3 of them

Jets Insider VIP
    They dropped at least 6 against the Steelers.

Whole team is a disaster, Sanchez included.

Don't know why you are making it seem that the majority here are defending Sanchez. The opposite is the case.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Hasnt Hill dropped three probable td passes thus far?

I'd have guessed we had 12-15 after week two...

I'm not kidding...