Thread: Ok Rex, what in the world are you mumbling about?

Ok Rex, what in the world are you mumbling about?

Can anyone make any sense, whatsoever, of this?

Ryan also dismissed the notion that perhaps the Jets have not lived up to what they promised Tebow when they traded for him in March.

"When you trade for a guy, you do talk to the player or whatever," Ryan said. "When that happens, you’re trying to get a guy on your football team and things like that. Sometimes, the trade, the player doesn’t have anything to do with it. ... Tim likes the competitiveness of this group. He’s a competitive guy."

The one thing Ryan made clear for what seemed to be the millionth time since Tebow came to town is that he is standing by Sanchez as his starting quarterback.

"Mark’s been fairly successful here, and I’ve said this since Day 1: ’Give me the quarterback that wins because his job is so important to your team’s success," Ryan said. "I think Mark is an excellent quarterback."

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/...osition=recent
    Why even respond? It's a waste of my time and everyone else's time reading these quotes and articles. I'd rather read one of those auto generated text websites.

“Cupcake ipsum dolor. Sit amet brownie gummies applicake sugar plum faworki gummi bears. Cotton candy I love chocolate bar fruitcake fruitcake gingerbread I love muffin. I love I love I love croissant tiramisu jelly I love.”
    Same thing.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Can anyone make any sense, whatsoever, of this?

Why even respond? It's a waste of my time and everyone else's time reading these quotes and articles. I'd rather read one of those auto generated text websites.

Same thing.
    Yeah. He's saying Tebow sucks.

rex is delusional. can he be on drugs since the lap band surgery for the pain maybe? just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    "Sometimes, the trade, the player doesn’t have anything to do with it.."

Isn't this an admission that Tebow isn't here because of his football ability?

I thought the first part (in answering the question) read like

"Sometimes you bull**** a player to get him here.Things change. Tim's not complaining"

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post

I took it as "Tim had no choice but to come here, it was a trade, not a FA signing."

Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    I thought the first part (in answering the question) read like

"Sometimes you bull**** a player to get him here.Things change. Tim's not complaining"
    I think that's EXACTLY what he's saying.

LOL Rex is clearly on something or delusional or both. He still thinks this is a good running football team, he thinks Mark Sanchez is a good QB, and he likes this group of guys.

Yeah, whatever Rex

Wait, what's next, he likes the way we have drafted over the past 4 years

HA! Hes definetly saying Tebow was Woody's move not his I know he can't but I wish he would call out Woody publicly

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    bingo

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post

Exactly.

The real reason: Promotional. Profit. Headlines. Attention. Woody Johnson.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    This is code for, I want killers, not fillers.

Rex has a quota of words he must speak per day. He is just filling his quota for the day. No need to read into this.

Tim Tebow = the biggest bait and switch by Woody to suck money out of his fanbase. Ultimately the joke is on the fans for a) failing for it and b) actually thinking Tebow is a legitimate NFL player. I smelled this load of feces the second he was acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by EternalChampion View Post
    I took it as "Tim had no choice but to come here, it was a trade, not a FA signing."
    So neither Tebow nor Rex wanted Tebow to be there....well there's a great recipe for chemistry. That actually explains the embarrassment I have seen the past month.

So if this is true, this situation is likely going to be worse than the Denver Broncos. Probably means Rex will stick will Sanchez way longer than he should, and if and when he does put in Tebow he will be even less on board with trying to make it work. Great...

The Tebow move was all Woody. What Rex has said about Tebow lately (although Rex has been known to BS) informs us that he has no role with this offense. Tanny can't evaluate talent, but it seems like most of our moves are made by either our coach or owner. The top of this organization is so screwed up.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have to wonder if any reputable coach (Cowher, Gruden, etc.) would even want to coach this mess of a team the way it is currently constituted.

I wouldn't be surprised if Todd Haley tuned down the OC position because he knew he had nothing to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I have to wonder if any reputable coach (Cowher, Gruden, etc.) would even want to coach this mess of a team the way it is currently constituted.

I wouldn't be surprised if Todd Haley tuned down the OC position because he knew he had nothing to work with.
    Cowher seems to be extremely picky on where he would go. Supposedly, he wanted the NYG job but that's not opening up anytime soon.

Gruden is an excellent coach, but would want full control over organizational moves. Woody may have allowed this 10 years ago, but now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    Cowher seems to be extremely picky on where he would go. Supposedly, he wanted the NYG job but that's not opening up anytime soon.

Gruden is an excellent coach, but would want full control over organizational moves. Woody may have allowed this 10 years ago, but now I'm not so sure.
    and we see how that worked out.

And it just keeps going...

“No question I believe he’s a good quarterback,” Ryan said of Tebow. “Again, I judge quarterbacks on records and that’s why I think he is. We’re fortunate that we have two guys that have won five playoff games, two young quarterbacks. I don’t think other teams have that. I just see that Mark is our starting quarterback but what’s intriguing about having Tim there is that if something happened to Mark you feel good that you have a quarterback that can win in the National Football League.The other thing is that he can play other positions.”

http://www.metro.us/newyork/sports/a...ent-of-sanchez
    Does Rex not realize you don't actually need to elaborate or explain himself? Why doesn't he just shut up sometimes? He could have simply stated: “No question I believe he’s a good quarterback," and stopped there.

That would create 0 drama.