Thread: Al Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama debate performance

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Al Gore blames Denver altitude for Obama debate performance

Sweet Jeebus you can't make this stuff up!

http://kfor.com/2012/10/04/al-gore-a...e-performance/

(CNN) - Former Vice President Al Gore’s analysis of President Barack Obama’s debate performance Wednesday: the Mile High City may be to blame.

Pundits and a CNN poll of those who watched the debate both found GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s showing to be stronger than Obama’s, who some described as appearing tired and long-winded.

“I’m going to say something controversial here,” Gore began. “Obama arrived in Denver at 2 p.m. today, just a few hours before the debate started. Romney did his debate prep in Denver.

“When you go to 5,000 feet, and you only have a few hours to adjust, I don’t know,” Gore said, as other panelists in the post-debate discussion chimed in.
    The video of Gore on his television channel, Current TV, was posted online by several right-leaning websites, as well as media-watching websites.

Obama flew on Sunday from Washington, D.C. to Henderson, Nevada, where he held a rally that evening.

Between Sunday and his Wednesday flight to Colorado, Obama and his debate team prepared for the big night in a hotel ballroom there.

Henderson reaches just shy of a half mile up from sea level, according to the Henderson Executive Airport’s website, while Denver stretches a mile above sea level.

Obama campaign senior strategist David Axelrod defended his candidate on a Thursday conference call with reporters, saying he would leave evaluation of Obama’s “performance” alone because he is no “theater critic.”

“While Governor Romney had a very crisp performance, both candidates got points across,” Axelrod said. “Both candidates got something out of the debate.”

Romney, meanwhile, arrived in Denver Monday evening and also held a rally before hunkering down with advisers for his preparations.

Both candidates rewarded themselves with field trips between study sessions.
    Obama visited the Hoover Dam on Tuesday and stopped by a Nevada office for his campaign on Monday.

Romney and Sen. Rob Portman, who was aiding in his debate preparations, stopped in at a Chipotle restaurant on Tuesday.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That might be the worst excuse I've ever heard.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Al Gore a lot but I think the altitude must have gotten to his head.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Rather on MSNBC this morning wondered if Obama was intoxicated from celebrating his & Michelle's wedding anniversary just prior to the debate.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Gore invented the intehrnetz so once he puts shoots this theory into the googles, its a done deal.

-

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gave a good long listen on the ride home to Liberal Radio.

1. Every Word Romney said was a lie.

2. Obama had too much integrity to call Romney out as the liar he is.

3. Obama was suffering from fatigue and altitude sickness.

4. Romney was absuive, and rudely ignored the Moderator.

And of course, 5. Romney and his allies made multiple racist comments after the debate.

Thank you Thom Hartman and Mr. "Make it Plain". You continue to entertain me on my ride home many nights.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Gave a good long listen on the ride home to Liberal Radio.

1. Every Word Romney said was a lie.

2. Obama had too much integrity to call Romney out as the liar he is.

3. Obama was suffering from fatigue and altitude sickness.

4. Romney was absuive, and rudely ignored the Moderator.

And of course, 5. Romney and his allies made multiple racist comments after the debate.

Thank you Thom Hartman and Mr. "Make it Plain". You continue to entertain me on my ride home many nights.
    I am curious as to why you even bother listening to them? Is it purely for entertainment purposes?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I am curious as to why you even bother listening to them? Is it purely for entertainment purposes?

I share warfish's listening and viewing habits.
    You have to listen to the enemy to better understand them.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a very long commute.

I have very specific music tastes, not often met by music channels.

I can only listen to my iPod so much, given I listen to it all day at work.

Sporttalk Radio is horrificly bad, and covers alto of sport I could care less about (i.e. anything other than the NFL and to a small degree MLB).

As a Poli-Sci guy, I think it's important to hear what Hannity and Hartman say and think, as they're far more representative of the large (R) and (D) viewpoints, and those who vote for them, than many might care to admit.

And they both make me think. I like thinking.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I have a very long commute.

I have very specific music tastes, not often met by music channels.

I can only listen to my iPod so much, given I listen to it all day at work.

Sporttalk Radio is horrificly bad, and covers alto of sport I could care less about (i.e. anything other than the NFL and to a small degree MLB).

As a Poli-Sci guy, I think it's important to hear what Hannity and Hartman say and think, as they're far more representative of the large (R) and (D) viewpoints, and those who vote for them, than many might care to admit.

And they both make me think. I like thinking.
    Of course its important to think, lol. And I completely agree about the sports talk being horribly bad.

But speaking for myself, I find that I learn much more by seeking out the opinions of people like Charles Krauthammer and Paul Krugman then I would from listening to Hannity or Hartman. I do agree that the latter are much more of a representative sample of the general population (sadly) then the former. But I can get those same opinions by listening to my conservative dad or liberal uncle. I don't learn from them although there is certainly an entertaining aspect to those conversations.
    Last edited by intelligentjetsfan; 10-05-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Al Gore a lot but I think the altitude must have gotten to his head.
    You are the one?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Black people turn into mush at higher elevations, so clearly it was unfair.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I listen/watch liberal commentators all the time. Mental disorders interest me.

Conservative commentators bore me b.c I agree with them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    The air is racist.

-