Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Team responds to being called "quitter"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Team responds to being called "quitter"

With silence........

Anyone heard one player respond to being called a quitter?

Anyone heard one player get upset and claim that its not the truth and how they are going to fix this for next game?

Where are all the big mouths now?

Sad excuse for a "team" (including the HC, GM and OWNER)
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-04-2012 at 09:04 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    silence........

Anyone heard one player get upset and claim that it not the truth and how they are going to fix this for next game?

You know how to post, yet you don't know how to read. Interesting.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    silence........

Anyone heard one player get upset and claim that it not the truth and how they are going to fix this for next game?

That's actually a good sign. Hope they are focused, because if they aren't, they will be humiliated on national TV Monday night. When you get your ass kicked 34-0 you should NEVER EVER talk.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    That's actually a good sign. Hope they are focused, because if they aren't, they will be humiliated on national TV Monday night. When you get your ass kicked 34-0 you should NEVER EVER talk.
    Really?

You believe that absolute silence with no sense of anger or urgency in response to being punched in the mouth on the field, then having the opposing player call you a quitter is a good thing?

Guess Bart Scott only gets angry and vocal at 145lb beat writers

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The only speaking that matters will be on the field

Since Rex came on the majority of people have been saying he and his players should keep their yaps shut

I will wait until after this next game before I make my decision on how they are taking that criticism

Ljr

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really?

You believe that absolute silence with no sense of anger or urgency in response to being punched in the mouth on the field, then having the opposing player call you a quitter is a good thing?

We got beat 34 to nothing!!! Do you realize that???...Imagine you kicked some dudes ass and he is still talking ****...would you take him serious?? and with a sense of credibility?? The media would eat this team alive if we were talking after that beat down....WIN games prove it on field then talk...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Don't speak ... Play well ... We are going to get hammered Monday night ... Should be fun to watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With silence........

Anyone heard one player get upset and claim that its not the truth and how they are going to fix this for next game?

so you want them to go to the media, puff out their chests, and proclaim that they're going to show the league what their made of?

I thought you believed this team talked too much -- that they need to just shut up and let their play do the talking.

Make up your mind, Mr. Self Righteous.

By the way, you have no idea what's being said inside the locker room. Won't stop you from being a whiny jerk though.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    We got beat 34 to nothing!!! Do you realize that???...Imagine you kicked some dudes ass and he is still talking ****...would you take him serious?? and with a sense of credibility?? The media would eat this team alive if we were talking after that beat down....WIN games prove it on field then talk...

Hasnt stop this ridiculous circus up till now. Not saying they should being talking $ht against the texans. What I am saying that they are accepting being called "quitters." Big difference. They seem to talk a lot of $ht all the time and now it seems appropriate to defend be called a quitter and they say nothing, dont get upset, which leads me to believe they accept being called "quitters"

I said it after the Miami game and I will say it again. Rex has to go but the bigger issue is the owner

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    The only speaking that matters will be on the field

Since Rex came on the majority of people have been saying he and his players should keep their yaps shut

I will wait until after this next game before I make my decision on how they are taking that criticism

Ljr
    +100

Lets see how this team responds on Monday rather than through the media.

I don't get it, everyone cries about how much the media focuses on them, and when they finally lay low, it's the "They Don't Care" shpeel

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    With silence........

Actually Maybin commented....

Jets OLB Aaron Maybin said defense didn't do much to prove 'quitting' comments wrong

"Honestly itís an embarrassing thing to even have to address it," Maybin said. "But itís hard to really say that he was out of line for saying it for the way that we played out there. So I really donít have anything to say about it.

"I think we didnít do too much on the field to prove otherwise."

Maybin said he didn't play enough snaps to say whether Rogers' comments were justified (he was in on two plays, the same number as Joe McKnight), but that it would be difficult to call Rogers a liar.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I heard Maybin respond, but didn't care what he had to say since he was only in on like 2 plays the entire game.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really?

Last edited by dmitexxi; 10-04-2012 at 09:26 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    so you want them to go to the media, puff out their chests, and proclaim that they're going to show the league what their made of?

I thought you believed this team talked too much -- that they need to just shut up and let their play do the talking.

Make up your mind, Mr. Self Righteous.

By the way, you have no idea what's being said inside the locker room. Won't stop you from being a whiny jerk though.
    Missing the point entirely. I have said it all the way through how talk is cheap and hate how Rex' team does this.

They are being called quitters, the worst thing to be called as a professional athlete. The whole "talking $ht thing" and degrading your opponent was supposed to be part of Rex Ryan's philosophy. Guess its only when things are going well. The most pathetic excuse for a team on any level.

I am so happy for Cotchery, T Jones, Fanaca, Woody and Sanchez (once he is relieved from this circus) that they gt away from this sad excuse of an organization.

Woody Johnson is more concerned with Romney but has time to throw a grenade like "I like Tebow!" LMAO

Thought the Miami game and shortly after was the worst time to be a JETS fan.

Never have been so embarrassed.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I heard Maybin respond, but didn't care what he had to say since he was only in on like 2 plays the entire game.
    He is one of the main reasons I started this thread.

No emotion on being called a quitter, basically said the team felt the same. So defeated. What did I expected? Maybe "that's not us" and/or "I promise the fans that we will never be accused of quitting again, we are going to work as hard as possible to get this turned around or die trying from hard work."

His response was soft and uninspiring

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    Actually Maybin commented....
    Sounds like they are gonna come out hard on MNF!!..........

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Missing the point entirely. I have said it all the way through how talk is cheap and hate how Rex' team does this.

They are being called quitters, the worst thing to be called as a professional athlete. The whole "talking $ht thing" and degrading your opponent was supposed to be part of Rex Ryan's philosophy. Guess its only when things are going well. The most pathetic excuse for a team on any level.

I am so happy for Cotchery, T Jones, Fanaca, Woody and Sanchez (once he is relieved from this circus) that they gt away from this sad excuse of an organization.

Woody Johnson is more concerned with Romney but has time to throw a grenade like "I like Tebow!" LMAO

Thought the Miami game and shortly after was the worst time to be a JETS fan.

Never have been so embarrassed.
    All the above posts basically say...YEAH, Talk is cheap, show it on the field.

GREAT! On the field has basically put us where we are. We haven't played well except 2 quarters against Buffalo. The last 3 games of 2011 look like the first 4 of 2012.

Show it on the field???? I believe they did. We lost 34 zip.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that being called a quitter would get right at the heart of JETS players. Get them so fired up that they couldnt contain themselves. Not talk trash to the opponent but be vocal, at the very least, to the fans they stole money from last Sunday and proclaim how they will put in so much extra effort this week to never have a game like that again.

Instead we get this................

Jets OLB Aaron Maybin said defense didn't do much to prove 'quitting' comments wrong

"Honestly it’s an embarrassing thing to even have to address it," Maybin said. "But it’s hard to really say that he was out of line for saying it for the way that we played out there. So I really don’t have anything to say about it.

"I think we didn’t do too much on the field to prove otherwise."

Maybin said he didn't play enough snaps to say whether Rogers' comments were justified (he was in on two plays, the same number as Joe McKnight), but that it would be difficult to call Rogers a liar.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    With silence........

Well, they've all been on vacation since Saturday, no real opportunity to connect with the media from their king-size adjustable visco-elastic foam mattresses in Morris Plains.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The silence does speak volumes. This is not about talking trash, it's about defending their own integrity.