Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Team responds to being called "quitter"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    The silence does speak volumes. This is not about talking trash, it's about defending their own integrity.
    The words I've been looking for..............right on the money parafly

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The words I've been looking for..............right on the money parafly
    Agreed.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    The silence does speak volumes. This is not about talking trash, it's about defending their own integrity.
    I disagree. Basically, you go through different stages after such a beat down or miserable performance. Players are most likely disappointed in their performance to say the least. Disappointed to the point of not trying to defend themselves from whatever is being said. It's being so down emotionally that you can't or don't even get angry. Almost a pseudo depressed state. After some time, hopefully not long, you progress to another stage and work your way back to a normal state.

I'm willing to wager that most of us at some point or another have been in such a situation, where it didn't matter what someone else said, we just wouldn't respond.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    The silence doesn't bother me. What can they say at this point? It's best if they don't say anything. Bart Scott gave the media the silent treatment before the Bills game and we played like a pissed off football team for the first 3 quarters. We need to play like that again.

Not saying we will win but if we lose by less than 10 points it's a moral victory.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also check yesterday's NY Post (Oct. 4) there was an article from players about the whole quitting thing with quotes from Maybin, Moore, Scott, and other players. Do some research before crying.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is one of the main reasons I started this thread.

No emotion on being called a quitter, basically said the team felt the same. So defeated. What did I expected? Maybe "that's not us" and/or "I promise the fans that we will never be accused of quitting again, we are going to work as hard as possible to get this turned around or die trying from hard work."

His response was soft and uninspiring
    I think we all know that this about you and not about the Jets. You've got an agenda and you trumpet it whether the Jets are talking or the Jets are silent, whether they win or whether they lose. This is truly, truly a worthless thread.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    I think we all know that this about you and not about the Jets. You've got an agenda and you trumpet it whether the Jets are talking or the Jets are silent, whether they win or whether they lose. This is truly, truly a worthless thread.
    +1 Well said it makes you long for the days when Cop used to just whine about body language and what color pads the players wore. Or a anti abortion traffic blockage he could blame on Tebow.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    With silence........

Anyone heard one player respond to being called a quitter?

Anyone heard one player get upset and claim that its not the truth and how they are going to fix this for next game?

Where are all the big mouths now?

Sad excuse for a "team" (including the HC, GM and OWNER)
    I don't know you very well, but judging from past posts, I can only imagine the degrees of upsetness you'd be spewing had Rex or Bart came out swinging about being called a quitter, after being beat 34-0.

I like that they're keeping quiet this week.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is full of people in need of these. Please help yourselves to some. The OP with the HEAVY flow pick the one to the right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffneycatch View Post
    so you want them to go to the media, puff out their chests, and proclaim that they're going to show the league what their made of?

I thought you believed this team talked too much -- that they need to just shut up and let their play do the talking.

Make up your mind, Mr. Self Righteous.

By the way, you have no idea what's being said inside the locker room. Won't stop you from being a whiny jerk though.
    + infinity

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post
    This thread is full of people in need of these. Please help yourselves to some. The OP with the HEAVY flow pick the one to the right.

Unfortunately. ... So is our team ... When Ray Lewis goes silent for a week ... The Raven's subsequent opponents are scared ****less. When the Jets go silent mode ... Opponents laugh their asses off.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Unfortunately. ... So is our team ... When Ray Lewis goes silent for a week ... The Raven's subsequent opponents are scared ****less. When the Jets go silent mode ... Opponents laugh their asses off.
    I wanted Ray over Bart 3 years ago, I fell for the "Bart is younger bigger upside" argument.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont get some of you guys. You accept this nonsense? All the time and money invested and the team flat out QUITS on the SELF PROCLAIMED best coach in the NFL? I have witnessed more poise and professionalism from jv squads in high school.

40 plus years is a long time to wait for an appearance in the SB let alone a championship.

It is BLATANTLY obvious that the JETS are an absolute cluster-F from the OWNER to the HC to the GM to the ridiculous comments that the players are aloud to make with no consequence from the HC no matter how detrimental it is to the team winning. Add that Woody Johnson has added this corporate mentality, sticking his nose where it doesnt belong and it could make any fan throw up. I am tired of waiting and being treated like a fool by this current group. I will be here longer than Woody, Rex, and Tanny. They will not get it right and the quicker fans and the owner realize this the better. Unfortunatly, it is the owner who is much of the problem worrying about selling the JETS product at the sacrifice of winning.

Poor Rex, he is dejected this week and sounds so sad...... What a FN joke! You talk the talk, you better expect criticism when your team QUITS.
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-05-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont get some of you guys. I have witnessed more poise and professionalism from jv squads in high school.

40 plus years is a long time to wait for an appearance in the SB let alone a championship.

It is BLATANTLY obvious that the JETS are an absolute cluster-F from the OWNER to the HC to the GM to the ridiculous comments that the players are aloud to make with no consequence from the HC no matter how detrimental it is to the team winning. Add that Woody Johnson has added this corporate mentality, sticking his nose where it doesnt belong and it could make any fan throw up. I am tired of waiting and being treated like a fool by this current group. I will be here longer than Woody, Rex, and Tanny. They will not get it right and the quicker fans and the owner realize this the better. Unfortunatly, it is the owner who is much of the problem worrying about selling the JETS product at the sacrifice of winning.

Poor Rex, he is dejected this week and sounds so sad...... What a FN joke! You talk the talk, you better expect criticism when your team QUITS.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH, INSERT CORPORATE RANT / REPUBLICAN WOODY EVIL COMMENT, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You got anything else ?

Oh, btw Teach, the word is ALLOWED, not aloud.

/headshake
    Last edited by Demosthenes9; 10-05-2012 at 08:42 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont get some of you guys. You accept this nonsense? All the time and money invested and the team flat out QUITS on the SELF PROCLAIMED best coach in the NFL? I have witnessed more poise and professionalism from jv squads in high school.

Dude.

You post as if you're the only one on here who has suffered the Jets, and wants them to win.

On one hand, you're complaining about how they "talk the talk" and how everyone is allowed to and exercises their rights to make "ridiculous comments," but then you start a thread about how they aren't speaking up about being called quitters.

And then in your last paragraph, you act like the Jets are sounding off in the Media about being disrespected by someone calling them quitters. Newsflash: no one has responded to this, and it's a good thing.

I don't mean to be rude, but you need to get over yourself.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Now you want Woody barking and talking? Find a point an stick to it, but to your derailment not everyone can be a George Steinbernner, God (if you belive in him) broke the mold after him. He made his success rather than inherit it. Just look at his spoiled children and their vision for the Yankees. Randy Levine=Terry Bradway.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitexxi View Post

Anything to stop the bleeding....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Bandit View Post
    Also check yesterday's NY Post (Oct. 4) there was an article from players about the whole quitting thing with quotes from Maybin, Moore, Scott, and other players. Do some research before crying.
    Not his style, Bandit.

Dopernicus never lets facts get in the way of a good cry.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH, INSERT CORPORATE RANT / REPUBLICAN WOODY EVIL COMMENT, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

You got anything else ?

Oh, btw Teach, the word is ALLOWED, not aloud.

/headshake
    lol.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of us that have been bothered by the incessant talking and not backing it up we can hardly complain at this point if the team starts to do what we been asking them to do. Did they collectively get religion all of a sudden? Who knows. Who cares. Let them have their play on the field do the talking.

I understand your point OP. That you are surprised that this otherwise mouthy lot are not just giving us more of the same. I think that 34-zip at home represented a crossing of the Rubicon of sorts. How to defend the indefensible? If they thought they could continue to yap and get away with it then they would probably be doing just that.

Personally I think we need to take the silence as a good sign and not a bad one and move on.