Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team responds to being called "quitter"

Quote Originally Posted by greenwichjetfan View Post
    Dude.

You post as if you're the only one on here who has suffered the Jets, and wants them to win.

On one hand, you're complaining about how they "talk the talk" and how everyone is allowed to and exercises their rights to make "ridiculous comments," but then you start a thread about how they aren't speaking up about being called quitters.

And then in your last paragraph, you act like the Jets are sounding off in the Media about being disrespected by someone calling them quitters. Newsflash: no one has responded to this, and it's a good thing.

I don't mean to be rude, but you need to get over yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    The words I've been looking for..............right on the money parafly
    You'd be on the atttack whether they responded or not. Had Rex & Co. replied, no doubt you'd be here commenting on how they talk too much, how they should be humble after being blown out, how their false bravado is destructive. In this case you found your weaponry in their choice to stay in-house.

You are utterly predictable and have little to no credibility, and yes, I agree with those who said this thread is a grand waste of everyone's time.

All Pro
    I honestly think rex has lost the team...........They just don't seem to want to respond i mean seriosly only pee-wee football has more missed tackles..........he preaches technique every PC but yet we stilll have them........so we either have the dumbest coaches or the team is not in 100 percent.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    I honestly think rex has lost the team...........They just don't seem to want to respond i mean seriosly only pee-wee football has more missed tackles..........he preaches technique every PC but yet we stilll have them........so we either have the dumbest coaches or the team is not in 100 percent.
    It is hard not to come to the same conclusion.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    I disagree. Basically, you go through different stages after such a beat down or miserable performance. Players are most likely disappointed in their performance to say the least. Disappointed to the point of not trying to defend themselves from whatever is being said. It's being so down emotionally that you can't or don't even get angry. Almost a pseudo depressed state. After some time, hopefully not long, you progress to another stage and work your way back to a normal state.

I'm willing to wager that most of us at some point or another have been in such a situation, where it didn't matter what someone else said, we just wouldn't respond.
    You may be right. I don't really have a problem with the silence, I just think it's pretty telling. In my opinion, anyone watching the second half of the game on Sunday should have been able to see that they did quit to some degree.

I really dont get some of you guys. You accept this nonsense? All the time and money invested and the team flat out QUITS on the SELF PROCLAIMED best coach in the NFL? I have witnessed more poise and professionalism from jv squads in high school.

40 plus years is a long time to wait for an appearance in the SB let alone a championship.

It is BLATANTLY obvious that the JETS are an absolute cluster-F from the OWNER to the HC to the GM to the ridiculous comments that the players are aloud to make with no consequence from the HC no matter how detrimental it is to the team winning. Add that Woody Johnson has added this corporate mentality, sticking his nose where it doesnt belong and it could make any fan throw up. I am tired of waiting and being treated like a fool by this current group. I will be here longer than Woody, Rex, and Tanny. They will not get it right and the quicker fans and the owner realize this the better. Unfortunatly, it is the owner who is much of the problem worrying about selling the JETS product at the sacrifice of winning.

Poor Rex, he is dejected this week and sounds so sad...... What a FN joke! You talk the talk, you better expect criticism when your team QUITS.
    Personally, I don't care about whether or not this post fits the argument of the thread, or if it's hypocritical, or satirical, but this post is absolutely correct. Woody Johnson treats the Jets just as what they are, a business. And while it may be profitable to win a superbowl, it's easier to perpetuate what the Jets are, and have been, a freakshow. Believe me, Ol' Woody would like a superbowl, but not at the expense of the back page glory, big splashes, big mouths, and big promises. Woody is a good business man, but an absolute IDIOT when it comes to football.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Anything to stop the bleeding....
    LOL

You my friend break the the stereotype of accountants not being funny

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Sometimes lack of talent gets confused with lack of effort. When bart scott or david harris get burned by a talented RB, it may not be because they aren't trying but rather because they aren't good enough to tackle the player.

Can anyone here question whether Laron Landry is "trying" to tackle every WR that comes across his path?

Cromartie had his best tackle in his career against the fish when he knocked Lane on his butt.

When you get beat it always looks like the other team is trying harder. What do you think the Bills were saying after game 1 when we trounced them?

With silence........

Anyone heard one player respond to being called a quitter?

Anyone heard one player get upset and claim that its not the truth and how they are going to fix this for next game?

Where are all the big mouths now?

Sad excuse for a "team" (including the HC, GM and OWNER)
    You will always be the guy who said Revis deserved the season ending injury.

I think you need a couch and a shrink - not a messageboard.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    You may be right. I don't really have a problem with the silence, I just think it's pretty telling. In my opinion, anyone watching the second half of the game on Sunday should have been able to see that they did quit to some degree.
    Point that I was trying get across was that there are different stages. If the question had been asked a day later, the response probably would have been different.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Really?

You believe that absolute silence with no sense of anger or urgency in response to being punched in the mouth on the field, then having the opposing player call you a quitter is a good thing?

Guess Bart Scott only gets angry and vocal at 145lb beat writers
    Who cares what they say if they show it on the field. Their mouths are what got them in trouble in the first place. It's about time they shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by WillieT View Post
    Who cares what they say if they show it on the field. Their mouths are what got them in trouble in the first place. It's about time they shut up.
    Maybe I am not being clear enough. I dont expect the JETS to talk trash. How could they? Nor do I condone it. But when another man questions your integrity and the response is a wishy washy nothing I guess its very telling. I personally didnt think the team quit. I thought they played terribly but didnt quit. I think its a huge jump from playing poorly to not trying on purpose. The fact that fans pay outragous prices makes it more unreal. Its borderline criminal for any player to accept a pay check this week if they blatantly didnt try and quit. If the JETS quit then they stole money from every season ticket holder. I honestly cant believe the response from some of you.

There is a difference between talking crap and defending your integrity.

The Jets soft answers tells me that they are accepting being quitters and do not deny quitting on their fans.
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    You will always be the guy who said Revis deserved the season ending injury.

I think you need a couch and a shrink - not a messageboard.
    Such an exaggeration. I never wished injury on Darell Revis.

It was extremly bad karma for Darrell Revis to be drinking alcohol in a bar while nursing a concussion watching his team lose the week before. Extremly bad choice. It screamed of little urgency to get back on the field. Darell Revis showed no fear and respect to his HC and fans.
    Last edited by copernicus; 10-05-2012 at 05:21 PM.

The players should not respond to criticism in the media at all. You just say "we all try to do our jobs the best we can"

You say something like we did not quit, then they ask "are you really that bad"

Let Rex talk to the media, he is fond of doing so. Since he is willing to go on and on about how good the team is, let him explain it.