Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

Thread: Looking At the Landing Strip/merged landing strip...yay

  1. #1

    Looking At the Landing Strip/merged landing strip...yay

    And seeing all of the thread titles, I can't help but laugh. Yeah you can include this one, but just take a look at the thread titles... From cadaver legs in MRI machines, to rejected Rex, Schotty threads, Braylon threads, fire this fire that. You couldn't tell that we were 2-2 lol. If the Jets are a circus, this site has become a sideshow.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    And seeing all of the thread titles, I can't help but laugh. Yeah you can include this one, but just take a look at the thread titles... From cadaver legs in MRI machines, to rejected Rex, Schotty threads, Braylon threads, fire this fire that. You couldn't tell that we were 2-2 lol. If the Jets are a circus, this site has become a sideshow.
    If you are so confident...want to bet me say $1000 the JETS won't win 8 games?

    We can use PayPal to secure it.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    If you are so confident...want to bet me say $1000 the JETS won't win 8 games?

    We can use PayPal to secure it.
    Hmmmm... This is tempting...

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    And seeing all of the thread titles, I can't help but laugh. Yeah you can include this one, but just take a look at the thread titles... From cadaver legs in MRI machines, to rejected Rex, Schotty threads, Braylon threads, fire this fire that. You couldn't tell that we were 2-2 lol. If the Jets are a circus, this site has become a sideshow.
    We Want W's

    Do you see some "promise", or "bright spots" as the coaches would say?

  5. #5
    Hmmmm. Open action ?

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,786
    i'll throw a G in knowing we aren't going to win 8 games.

  7. #7
    I'm not saying that we're going to make the playoffs or even win 8 games. All I'm saying is that the ridiculousness of some of these threads is comical. Of course there is reason to think that we're not even that good. But some of this just gets... well you can judge for yourself. And although even before the season started I had us pegged at 6-10 (never said it on here, believe me or not, your call), I never let myself get into some crazy ideology about our team. I constantly will push the bright sides because that's what we need. You can be upset at our team tanking it, but accept it, and enjoy what you can, because no matter how loud you scream, it won't change anything for THIS season and it will only create a negative environment. If you want to change something start a petition, don't watch the games, don't go to the games, don't buy the gear, or write an inspiring article.

    Maybe we should create a venting strip.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,758
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    I'm not saying that we're going to make the playoffs or even win 8 games. All I'm saying is that the ridiculousness of some of these threads is comical. Of course there is reason to think that we're not even that good. But some of this just gets... well you can judge for yourself. And although even before the season started I had us pegged at 6-10 (never said it on here, believe me or not, your call), I never let myself get into some crazy ideology about our team. I constantly will push the bright sides because that's what we need. You can be upset at our team tanking it, but accept it, and enjoy what you can, because no matter how loud you scream, it won't change anything for THIS season and it will only create a negative environment. If you want to change something start a petition, don't watch the games, don't go to the games, don't buy the gear, or write an inspiring article.

    Maybe we should create a venting strip.
    The venting strip is the hampur. Careful, theyre cliquey over there.

    Last year was my "its only a football game who cares" year.
    This year i care and want to win. I demand results. If you can just laugh it off, thats great, but i (and some others) dont have such restraint.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i'll throw a G in knowing we aren't going to win 8 games.
    yeah without holmes and revis for the year, that's really going out on a limb there buddy

  10. #10
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    39,991
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    I had us pegged at 6-10 (never said it on here, believe me or not, your call)
    Yes....but did you "promise" us 6-10?

    BIG difference.




    -

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    If you are so confident...want to bet me say $1000 the JETS won't win 8 games?

    We can use PayPal to secure it.
    Whoa, big man here...

    Takes a big man to make a bet after the team has lost its top two players on offense and defense.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Whoa, big man here...

    Takes a big man to make a bet after the team has lost its top two players on offense and defense.

    Go ahead and take him up on the bet. You won't have to pay if you lose. I mean it's not really a bet unless you both say "promise".

  13. #13
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,409
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Go ahead and take him up on the bet. You won't have to pay if you lose. I mean it's not really a bet unless you both say "promise".
    he would never do it.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 10-05-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: TOS

  14. #14
    DAMN it I hate when I miss things on JI.

    What's with the multiple "promise" posts with "promise" in "quotes?"

  15. #15
    DAMN it I hate when I miss things on JI.

    What's with the multiple "promise" posts with "promise" in "quotes?"

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Go ahead and take him up on the bet. You won't have to pay if you lose. I mean it's not really a bet unless you both say "promise".

    I don't think he would pay up promise or not .

    It's Ray's classic "injury excuse". Football is a team sport.

    Didn't some other team just lose their key OL and TE yet still manage to put up 52 points?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ
    Posts
    2,418
    First off, I thought the point of this site was to vent and discuss the state of the jets.

    Many people here spend hard earned $ and invest loads of time into this organization. When that turns into a waste, I would say it is quite healthy to vent through a message board considering some other alternatives out there.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,805

    A Salute to JI's Landing Strip....


  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    24,086
    no thread title has ever made me laugh harder

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    3,991
    Excellent

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us