Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking At the Landing Strip/merged landing strip...yay

Looking At the Landing Strip/merged landing strip...yay

And seeing all of the thread titles, I can't help but laugh. Yeah you can include this one, but just take a look at the thread titles... From cadaver legs in MRI machines, to rejected Rex, Schotty threads, Braylon threads, fire this fire that. You couldn't tell that we were 2-2 lol. If the Jets are a circus, this site has become a sideshow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JacksonHtsJetFan View Post
    And seeing all of the thread titles, I can't help but laugh. Yeah you can include this one, but just take a look at the thread titles... From cadaver legs in MRI machines, to rejected Rex, Schotty threads, Braylon threads, fire this fire that. You couldn't tell that we were 2-2 lol. If the Jets are a circus, this site has become a sideshow.
    If you are so confident...want to bet me say $1000 the JETS won't win 8 games?

We can use PayPal to secure it.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Hmmmm... This is tempting...

All Pro
    We Want W's

Do you see some "promise", or "bright spots" as the coaches would say?

Hmmmm. Open action ?

Veteran
    i'll throw a G in knowing we aren't going to win 8 games.

I'm not saying that we're going to make the playoffs or even win 8 games. All I'm saying is that the ridiculousness of some of these threads is comical. Of course there is reason to think that we're not even that good. But some of this just gets... well you can judge for yourself. And although even before the season started I had us pegged at 6-10 (never said it on here, believe me or not, your call), I never let myself get into some crazy ideology about our team. I constantly will push the bright sides because that's what we need. You can be upset at our team tanking it, but accept it, and enjoy what you can, because no matter how loud you scream, it won't change anything for THIS season and it will only create a negative environment. If you want to change something start a petition, don't watch the games, don't go to the games, don't buy the gear, or write an inspiring article.

Maybe we should create a venting strip.

All Pro
    I'm not saying that we're going to make the playoffs or even win 8 games. All I'm saying is that the ridiculousness of some of these threads is comical. Of course there is reason to think that we're not even that good. But some of this just gets... well you can judge for yourself. And although even before the season started I had us pegged at 6-10 (never said it on here, believe me or not, your call), I never let myself get into some crazy ideology about our team. I constantly will push the bright sides because that's what we need. You can be upset at our team tanking it, but accept it, and enjoy what you can, because no matter how loud you scream, it won't change anything for THIS season and it will only create a negative environment. If you want to change something start a petition, don't watch the games, don't go to the games, don't buy the gear, or write an inspiring article.

Maybe we should create a venting strip.
    The venting strip is the hampur. Careful, theyre cliquey over there.

Last year was my "its only a football game who cares" year.
    This year i care and want to win. I demand results. If you can just laugh it off, thats great, but i (and some others) dont have such restraint.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    i'll throw a G in knowing we aren't going to win 8 games.
    yeah without holmes and revis for the year, that's really going out on a limb there buddy

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I had us pegged at 6-10 (never said it on here, believe me or not, your call)
    Yes....but did you "promise" us 6-10?

BIG difference.

-

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Whoa, big man here...

Takes a big man to make a bet after the team has lost its top two players on offense and defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Whoa, big man here...

Takes a big man to make a bet after the team has lost its top two players on offense and defense.

Go ahead and take him up on the bet. You won't have to pay if you lose. I mean it's not really a bet unless you both say "promise".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Go ahead and take him up on the bet. You won't have to pay if you lose. I mean it's not really a bet unless you both say "promise".
    he would never do it.
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 10-05-2012 at 07:50 PM. Reason: TOS

DAMN it I hate when I miss things on JI.

What's with the multiple "promise" posts with "promise" in "quotes?"

DAMN it I hate when I miss things on JI.

What's with the multiple "promise" posts with "promise" in "quotes?"

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post

I don't think he would pay up promise or not .

It's Ray's classic "injury excuse". Football is a team sport.

Didn't some other team just lose their key OL and TE yet still manage to put up 52 points?

Jets Insider VIP
    First off, I thought the point of this site was to vent and discuss the state of the jets.

Many people here spend hard earned $ and invest loads of time into this organization. When that turns into a waste, I would say it is quite healthy to vent through a message board considering some other alternatives out there.

Jets Insider VIP

A Salute to JI's Landing Strip....

Hall Of Fame
    no thread title has ever made me laugh harder

All League
    Excellent